Thread: FF7 black label vs green label

Default FF7 black label vs green label

For those of you who have the FF7 game, if you have the game with the black label, you might want to keep that and the plastic case in as good of a condition as possible. I heardthat the black label games are the originals and are worth more.I looked this up and it seemed to be true. Plus, with them being originals, the more rare the game gets, the more it is worth. Just thought I'd pop this note out.

Doesn't the fact that it's available on PSN render it worthless now?

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's only worth as much as someone dumb enough to buy an overpriced game is willing to pay.

hey men can i ask you something....can you do me a favour?
    your final fantasy is ok? because my game crashes when you are in the observatory in cosmo canyon...

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There's something wrong with the disc then man.

It only worthless to people who don't mind having just the data. I enjoy having my discs, I feel like I have a piece of history. I would gladly pay for another if my disc got ruined.

The black label and green label don't mean the game's any different, its just cover art that was a dumb idea to change imo. All it meant was the title sold a certain amount of copies, and at the time once the covers with the green label hit stores the price of the game would drop to $20. The greatest hits disks for ps1 also tend to have little or not art on them and are completely silver, but as I said before nothing in the actual game was affected. The greatest hits FFVII came out a few months after the game was released I'm pretty sure, and I dont see why it wouldnt be considered the original too just b/c it has a different color on the side of the case.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah I hated the completely black & white (mostly gray) manuals of greatest hits versions and I absolutely despise that most games today, brand new, follow the same way, all gray. Super lame, and it sucks they have to cut costs to begin with, much less in that fashion.

I have the original but my Disc 2 is forever lost. I remember one thread someone was missing their disc 1, another their disc 3; someone commented that together the 3 of us could actually play through the game lol.

But yeah, I'm getting the PSN download soon so problem solved, FFVII on-the-go-no-hacking-ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    The black label and green label don't mean the game's any different, its just cover art that was a dumb idea to change imo. All it meant was the title sold a certain amount of copies, and at the time once the covers with the green label hit stores the price of the game would drop to $20. The greatest hits disks for ps1 also tend to have little or not art on them and are completely silver, but as I said before nothing in the actual game was affected. The greatest hits FFVII came out a few months after the game was released I'm pretty sure, and I dont see why it wouldnt be considered the original too just b/c it has a different color on the side of the case.
    Yeah but hard core people with money to burn will still want the orriginal release cover one.....To have money to throw away in such a way is....almost sad...Like you said the game is the same...Some people have WAY to much time on their hands I think sometimes.....

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know of some mom and pop type video game stores that will sell even a greatest hits FF7 for upwards of $150 with a good case and the manual. They had FF8, FF9, and Xenogears for similar prices.

An unopened Mario 64 went for 200.

People will pay good money for these games, and I had every game they sold for more than $100.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    I know of some mom and pop type video game stores that will sell even a greatest hits FF7 for upwards of $150 with a good case and the manual. They had FF8, FF9, and Xenogears for similar prices.

An unopened Mario 64 went for 200.

People will pay good money for these games, and I had every game they sold for more than $100.
    That's retarded. Those shouldn't be anywhere near that. Disgaea, Valkyrie Profile, MvC2 never even hit that high before any redistribution efforts did they? You can find good copies of FFVII with everything on ebay for not evey 100 I bet what idiots some people are if they pay that much.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It completely is retarded, but I might be inclined to take advantage of the situation to turn a little profit if I didn't have personal attachments to my video games.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It is completely retarded. It's not really my thing to take advantage of people who are stupid with their money, but I think when it comes to FFVII, I may make an exception. 'Oh, you wanna pay $150 for a mediocre game? Be my guest!'