Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally Beaten VI

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default Finally Beaten VI

So after several months with athread spanning my playthrough five pages long. I just wanted to announce that I beat the game for the very first time. It was a long and hard road. It took me this long because the game frustrated me a lot at certain points and other games got in my may. I liked the ending of the game. I was dissapointed though that (SPOILER)Terra doesn't even come to help you fight at the final battle I didn't find the Final Bosses to be too hard. I was scared at first when Kefka hit me with his first attack that instant killed Muscle Belted Celes and reduced everyone else to 1, but then I didn't find the rest of the battle too hard. Thanks to Kanno's Setzer strategy of equipping the fixed dice and Offering Iw as able to make quick work of him.

My overall opinion of the game is sort of low though. My main issue is because of the game's pacing. I was confused with some good portions of the story and there were plenty points in the game where it was unclear where to go. I had the biggest trouble with this when I entered the World of Ruin and regained the airship. That's one reason why it took me months just to see the credits of this game.

What I like about the game is its atmosphere and music. It has some great pieces like Figaro Castle and that last song that plays during the ending. I liked some portions of the story too, particulary when you're introduced to the World of Ruin and I really can't remember much else over the time I played.

I'm sorry to say, but I probably won't be playing this one in a good while like I won't be doing with VII either.

I give it a 7/10.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

In the World of Ruin after you get the airship it's non-linear because the rest of the game is optional other than Kefka's Tower. That's the point. You can take the time to do all the side quests to hunt down and rebuild your team or you can just go to the tower and wipe out Kefka.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The game doesn't tell you that or give any clues though.

I've always 1 turned Kefka. Give Locke both valiant knives and the offering with initiative and he goes first (after Kefkas opener of course) and hits for 9999 x8. :x

About Terra not coming to help with the final battle? (SPOILER)She will if she's in your party

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

First of all, congratulations on finally completing FFVI. I know you had a hard time but I'm happy you stuck with it and finally finished it.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    The game doesn't tell you that or give any clues though.
    Old school games don't usually hold your hand and tell you where to go. One of the charms of the 16-bit era for me was that the games had a lot of open ended points where you can explore and the world was generally large enough to afford a few locations that don't serve any story purpose but were just neat to visit. FFVI, BoFII, and Lufia were all good about that.

As for Terra... Major Spoilers BTW (SPOILER)She can rejoin you. After visiting her at the town with the orphans where she refuses to help, you can come back some time later (usually after exploring a dungeon) and you will get a new story scene where Phumbaba returns and attacks the town. You're party goes and loses the battle while Terra deals with some trauma with the kids and after seeing your party take a licking and the scared children, she goes into Esper form and kicks Phumbaba's ass. Afterwords, she realizes that she needs to use her power to help people and protect those who can't protect themselves and rejoins your party to stop Kefka.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I experienced that scene and she didn't rejoin the party. She said something about staying behind to protect the kids, or was that before? Anyway, she just ended up missing for the rest of the game and I was getting frustrated trying to look for her around the world and never could. It was just some guy there talking about a girl being preganant (SPOILER)she did come back after the final fight, but that was pointless then.

I haven't played this game in a very very long time but I dont remember having these troubles with her. I got everyone back fine after the world was ripped asunder. I didn't use Terra in my final party, but she was pretty good. I probably should have used her but I had too much fun with Ed's tools and Sabin's blitzes, and Locke and Celes were my favorite charas so they weren't going anywhere.

I experienced that scene and she didn't rejoin the party. She said something about staying behind to protect the kids, or was that before? [/SPOILER]
    That was probably before. Did you fight Phunbaba once or twice? After fighting him the 2nd time she rejoins you party. And its not like you had to go anywhere else because this all takes place in that same town she was in.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

me and my girlfriend are stuck on the 2 bosses before you finally meet kefka...unfortunatley we only trained our main party (Umaro,Shadow,Moogle, and Celes) and left the others low on level and armor...and her stupid dog bit through my nintendos AC adaptor which didnt make things ANY BETTER...congratulations though, but curious: Is there a way to have it so shadow comes on the boat with you at the end of the game? I read while looking this up that if you see all his dreams, he doesn't "commit suicide" or whatever it is he does in crashing down kefka towers....
    :vivi:
    - - -

Ūmaro...ウーマロウ
    "A yeti with a love for bone carvings. Stronger than a gigas... but a bit unruly."

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's just a rumor I'm afraid. Much like winning the airship model and talking Chocobo. Not to mention the hundreds of Leo revival ones.

Blog Entries

I think to fight Phunbaba a second time you have to go to a secret room behind a bookshelf in the town you found her the first time. Or I might be confused with the way to initiate the first fight.

You dont get to have shadow at the end but its still fun to see all the dreams anyway.

Im pretty sure they tell you that you can head to kefkas tower after you get the airships and there are enough clues that lead to each other within the sidequests to tell you where the other characters are.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You don't have to do anything secret to get Terra. You go the the town the first time and she refuses to join back up because she wants to stay with the children. Then you continue on and come back later. That's it. I usually come back just after I get the airship and she joins up.

Shadow either dies on the floating continent or does the suicide dance in the tower. Either way it's all over for him in the end.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

There is actually a hint in the room where Duane talks about Katharin being pregnant. When you first enter, you can see a dog walking past and disappear behind a bookshelf.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I experienced that scene and she didn't rejoin the party. She said something about staying behind to protect the kids, or was that before? Anyway, she just ended up missing for the rest of the game and I was getting frustrated trying to look for her around the world and never could. It was just some guy there talking about a girl being preganant (SPOILER)she did come back after the final fight, but that was pointless then.
    She comes back if you complete the rest of the quest. You're fault for taking, "I'm not coming" as an answer xD Older games are like that, I still can't beat II or III just because I get bored, do something else for a week or two come back and forget where I was and what I was doing xD