Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally Beaten VI

The game does drop hints in the WoR as to where a few of characters are.

(SPOILER)
    Sabin --> The folks in Albrook don't mention him specifically, but the one guy does tell you that the sparkle in your (Celes) eye reminds him of somebody who just happened to go to Tzen.
    Cyan --> Practically a dead giveaway. The bird flys to Zozo and then up Mt. Zozo.
    Gau --> When you find Cyan, he mentions that he saw Gau on the Veldt.
    Mog --> Upon entering Narshe, the Lone Wolf mentions that there's only one Moogle left.
    Umaro --> Mog says that Umaro is in the mines somewhere, so there's a general hint that he's in the Narshe area. Not the easiest to find if you don't think of Tritoch, but that's the point, right?
    Strago --> No hint as to where he is, but he's easy to find at the Fanatics Tower. Don't recall who it is, but somebody you talk to mentions that the followers can only be saved from the brainwashing by somebody they love. That would mean Relm. Don't think there was any real giveaway as to where she is, but common sense would lead you to Owzer's place.

That's off the top of my head. That gets you most of the characters back. The remaining ones really don't give you much clue, but you can mostly piece it together. It was kind of nice that they made you piece it together on your own, rather than make in linear.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I experienced that scene and she didn't rejoin the party. She said something about staying behind to protect the kids, or was that before? Anyway, she just ended up missing for the rest of the game and I was getting frustrated trying to look for her around the world and never could. It was just some guy there talking about a girl being preganant (SPOILER)she did come back after the final fight, but that was pointless then.
    She comes back if you complete the rest of the quest. You're fault for taking, "I'm not coming" as an answer xD Older games are like that, I still can't beat II or III just because I get bored, do something else for a week or two come back and forget where I was and what I was doing xD
    that's what me and my girlfriend did, we got stuck on final fantasy 6 and i was like SMURF THIS and we moved on to FF9...than marvel ultimate alliance 2...than i started playing FF4 and FF5...yeaaah try not to get TO side tracked or you'll over whelm yourself with countless journies....as for me, i just enjoy them all and i play which ever i feel needs to be played....yeaaaah..
    :vivi:
    - - -

Ūmaro...ウーマロウ
    "A yeti with a love for bone carvings. Stronger than a gigas... but a bit unruly."

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Never got around to beating this game. Not because it was too hard or anything, just wanted to get all the magic before I went past the point of no return. Never got around to getting all the magic. I've probably started this game 4 or 5 times though because of various new releases for new platforms. Good job, brave soldier. I wonder if I'll ever get there.

i should of gotten some of the important spells before i went to kefkas tower..and leveled everyone else ...and bought better armor for them..now im to the point of no return...any suggestions?
    - - -

Ūmaro...ウーマロウ
    "A yeti with a love for bone carvings. Stronger than a gigas... but a bit unruly."

Blog Entries

You can leave kefka's tower by grabbing onto the crane hook at the begining of kefka's tower, or just use a warp spell or a warp stone. Fenrir and Carbuncle teach warp (Fenir at x10 and Carbuncle at x2)
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

The crane hook traverses Kefka's Tower. And do we have an actual name for it? I thought is was amassed debris? Kefka's Tower is on serpent trench or is it is follower's tower?

BTW, I think Magi master has something cool to steal but actually doing so are very slim. It's a rare chance and Locke and/or Gogo have to be confused. I'll never have a 100% item completion.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

Blog Entries

I think the final dungeon was Kefka's Tower and the magic tower was Fanatics Tower.
    Have a nice day!!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Greatermaximus View Post
    The crane hook traverses Kefka's Tower. And do we have an actual name for it? I thought is was amassed debris? Kefka's Tower is on serpent trench or is it is follower's tower?

BTW, I think Magi master has something cool to steal but actually doing so are very slim. It's a rare chance and Locke and/or Gogo have to be confused. I'll never have a 100% item completion.
    The Fanatic's Tower is located on the old Serpent Trench and you can steal an Elixir or a Crystal Orb from the Magi Master.
    Figaro Castle

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

How do you actually steal from him though, berserk + thief's knife? In reality, Crystal orb isn't that useful anyway. you'll cap MP easily anyway. You can bet it for a gold hairpin, but that's still not as good as an economizer.

And yeah, there is no point of no return in kefka's tower. Until the cutscene right before the final battle, you can always get back out. It's impossible to save the game somewhere you can't get out from.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

if i were to leave kefkas tower..would i have to fight that SMURFIN boss..i forgot who it was...but its the boss before you fight the to other bosses that are before kefka..
    - - -

Ūmaro...ウーマロウ

Blog Entries

no bosses will stay dead, or so i assume.
    Have a nice day!!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

It would be awesome if you had to do them again. Think about all that fat loot!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Yummy.
    Figaro Castle

I had more than enough money on my low level run from the Veldt. Simply icing on the cake - yucky. (That's actually personal. Cake frosting is too sweet imo.)

I was thrilled the first time I beat it. It's still fun to beat different ways.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

I had so much fun exploring this game to its fullest. It's still my favorite FF (and possibly video game) of all time.

Funnily enough, I got very close to the end of the game (like 95% done) and stopped playing it for a long time. Like several years. Then maybe 2-3 years ago, I picked it back up and decided to finally beat it. By then of course my characters were all at obscene levels and I beat Kefka and the goddesses without batting an eyelash... lol

I recently wanted to introduce my GF to FF6 since it was my favorite FF (she played 3 on the DS and hated it... but so did I, all grind, no character), only to realize that the battery save files on my SNES cartridge will probably be all gone now since the battery backup dies after 10 years or so. I'm so depressed! My lovely saves, all that hard work, gone!
    I guess there's always GBA or whatever, but it just aint the same...