Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paranormal Activity

Default Paranormal Activity

WARNING: It has been suggested that the trailer linked to in this post can spoil parts of the movie.

Trailer: YouTube - "Paranormal Activity" - Official Trailer [HQ HD]

Apparently the film wont be released properly until they get 1 million demands. if you think it looks cool plz click below and demand the movie, and tell as many ppl as u can. the sooner this comes out the better

Paranormal Activity (2009) | Official Movie Site & Trailer
    Last edited by Loony BoB; 10-16-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Eh.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

It looks okay.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Doesn't look like anything special to me. If anything I'd say I was even more put off by the fact that they seemed to show more of people looking scared than anything scary in the movie. Almost like it wasn't actually that scary but they tried to make it seem like it was anyway. Couldn't care less if this ever sees the light of day to be honest.

After online response, Paranormal Activity to finally open nationwide - HitFix.com

Interesting way of marketing the film, but the actual film doesn't look too great.

Jellyfish swim by.

You're spoiling a fairly decent film for a lot of people by posting that <i>trailer</i> here.

If you have any intentions of seeing this film, avoid the trailer--nearly every effective scene in the movie is egregiously shown in its entirety with no buildup or context, ruining a lot of the potential impact.

I HAVE to see this movie. Shame it isn't released till the end of November in the UK. Ill just try and forget about it till then.

Blog Entries

It looks like an assignment for a college film studies class.

there was a picture here

dude you guys have got to do some research on this film, i know a few people who have seen it and said it was absolutely terrifying. apparently people are having trouble sleeping and some have had psychotic episodes due to lack of sleep. this is not some cheap scare flick where jumps out at you, it is supposed to be just good ol' fashioned horror where it sticks with you when you are alone and trying to sleep at night. from what i have heard, i have to see this film.
    She looks so pretty in her casket, I'm in love with a corpse!

You're giving the film far more credit than it deserves, and you will be disappointed with those expectations.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by guffman View Post
    dude you guys have got to do some research on this film, i know a few people who have seen it and said it was absolutely terrifying. apparently people are having trouble sleeping and some have had psychotic episodes due to lack of sleep. this is not some cheap scare flick where jumps out at you, it is supposed to be just good ol' fashioned horror where it sticks with you when you are alone and trying to sleep at night. from what i have heard, i have to see this film.
    You know, I've seen studios make claims like this before about their movies and it never pans out, and I have no doubt that some people walked out of the theater when they saw it at test screenings and such. I know I'm not the only one who remembers the Blair Witch Project. People were saying they'd never go in the woods again, but when I finally bothered to watch the movie it was literally the most boring waste of time I've ever seen. Hell, actually hiking through the woods in the middle of the night is scarier and even that's not that bad (unless you have Grizzly's in your woods).

I also know that a good portion of the human race are easily scared in movies like this even if they aren't that scary. My wife is like that but I won't even flinch at the scariest things I've ever seen in a movie. Unfortunately, all it takes is a handful of people like my wife for the hype train to start rolling. Maybe, just maybe, if I hear nothing but good things about it I'll check it out when it's released on DVD, but I have trouble believing any movie will ever end up being as scary as the hype makes them out to be.

So anyone seen it yet?

Alright so the movie sucked. Not terrifying in the least bit, nothing that will jump out at you. It's simply like a ghost tv-show but with stuff that actually happens and done with a hand held camera.

i still want to check it out, and i do not want things to jump out at me. that is just cheap scares, that is easy to pull off...
    She looks so pretty in her casket, I'm in love with a corpse!

What a disappointment. Wish I didn't have such high expectations because I really wasn't scared at all. All the scares are just noises and sudden bangs. Have to wonder what those people in the trailer were freaking out about.

On the other hand the banter between the couple is quite amusing. And there is one good scene (SPOILER)when the girlfriend gets dragged down the hall, but other than that this movie has absolutely zero scares. The Blair Witch Project is still the king when it comes to these types of movies.