Thread: Help me finish FFVI

Default Help me finish FFVI

Okay so I'm playing FFVI Advance on the GBA. I'm in Kefka's tower and I've just defeated the first of the triad bosses. Now, when I switch to my other two parties I just do not know where to go with them. They're both stuck on metal walkways on either side of the screen, I can walk up and down with them between rooms but there is absolutely nowhere for them to go. I've read a few FAQ's and they haven't helped, they just tell me to move on to the second boss.

I wouldn't mind so much just being stuck, but constantly getting interrupted with random battles is steadily chipping away at my fragile sanity. I have a history of getting fed up of FF games towards the end and never finishing them and I really don't want to do that with this one. Someone must have an answer for me.

I don't care if I'm missing something blatantly obvious, I just want this nightmare to end!

Blog Entries

Im not sure exactly where to go but you should still be able to switch to your third party thats already defeated thier statue, you may need them to backtrack and step on a switch to open up a path for one of the other two parties. There should be a path somewhere for them to backtrack. Hopefully im right and you dont spend another hour wondering around with the third party driving you more needlessly insane, but the ending is quite worth it in my opinion.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

If random encounters are getting annoying, you could equip Mog with Molulu's Charm. It has no encounter for that party.

Good god you are brilliant blackmage_nuke. For some reason I assumed I wouldn't have to backtrack with the party that defeated the boss. I am too embarassed to admit how long I've been stuck/ranting at this particular part of the game, luckily I can finally move forward.

Kudos to you blackmage_nuke, my new best friend.

I do have Mog equipped with Molulu's charm, Vermachtnis, unfortunately two of the other parties are still being attacked. I don't mind it, it just really annoys me when I'm trying to figure out where to go and bam another freaking random encounter.