Thread: I'm addicted to Blitzball

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default I'm addicted to Blitzball

I've been playing some FFX with a friend lately and I'm totally loving playing blitzball again. I never really got into it when I first played FFX as I was much more interested in the actual game part, but this time I think I'm about 5 times more interested in blitzball xD

Anyway, I've got some questions about techniques and such.

Do I have to place the keeper on a different position than goalie for him to learn non-goalie moves?

What's up with key techniques? Do I have to learn them to get higher level techniques?

Why are there so many techniques I can't learn? Sometimes even the most basic techs are not possible to learn.

We're on Mi'hen highroad now and our team looks like this:

Tidus
    Wedge
    Letty
    Zalitz
    Jassu
    Jumal

A bit scraped for money too! Playing blitzball is quite expensive so early in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Do I have to place the keeper on a different position than goalie for him to learn non-goalie moves?
    No. As long as you have selected a player to mark that has a learn-able tech you'll be able to techcopy it. You don't need to be in Mark Mode.

What's up with key techniques? Do I have to learn them to get higher level techniques?
    Learning Key Techs opens up more slots on a player's tech list. Some players like Tidus, Datto, Wakka, Jumal and the Kilika Beasts have full tech lists without the need for Tech Finds.

Why are there so many techniques I can't learn? Sometimes even the most basic techs are not possible to learn.
    Learn the players' Key Techs first.

We're on Mi'hen highroad now and our team looks like this:

Tidus
    Wedge
    Letty
    Zalitz
    Jassu
    Jumal
    Not bad. Consider dropping Jassu for Ropp when you reach the Travel Agency.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

ooh, I just passed that place actually, I guess I should go back :o Not sure if I can afford any more players though xD Well, without battleing too much anyway.

So is Letty going to hold up for long? I'm a bit keen on getting Nav Guado on my team.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Once you have access to the airship, I definitely recommend hiring Brother because he's a beast at Blitzball.

Dont worry about moving the keeper to another position because he's only good at beign goalie. Theres no need to train him up for other stuff.

Also, as said above, learning Key Techniques opens up more techniques and I think it does something else but I dont know cause i havent played ffx in ages. And yeah, get Ropp. He kills in defence.

did anyone else jsut keep all the original besaid aurochs? come end game concerning blitzball, they become the best players at their position throughout the entirety of the game

63% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I think I only recruited 2 people: Wakka to help with Tidus in front (though Brother's also good b/c I think he's the fastest swimmer in the game BY FAR from what Ive seen/heard, I just didnt know this till my team was set and high lv), and I recruited an al bhed girl for my goalie spot (don't remember her name). I think she was one of the top 2 goalies in the game, but I can't remember. She had high shot and grab (or w/e the keeper stat is I forgot it's been so long) so coulda put her in the front, but her def/hp weren't as good as Wakka's so I kept her in goalie since she was already incredible there

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Oath View Post
    Dont worry about moving the keeper to another position because he's only good at beign goalie. Theres no need to train him up for other stuff.
    Won't I learn more goalie techniques after I learn the useless key techniques though?

Quote Originally Posted by Khimbar2775 View Post
    did anyone else jsut keep all the original besaid aurochs? come end game concerning blitzball, they become the best players at their position throughout the entirety of the game
    I'm having a hard time believing Datto is good at anything.

Datto slowly and slowly gets more and more speed. his shot doesnt grow as sharply as tidus', but its still grows

63% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Wakka and Brother are both better I bet

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wakka, marginally so. Brother is just plain fast, which make him infinitely superior to just about anyone else in the game. He'll definitely be your team's carry player. Just don't let him eat up all of the Experience.

Of course, regularly obtaining 7-0 scores by halftime will tend to cause your defenders to languish.

Articles
    Blog Entries

In my opinion, Wedge and Brother are the best players.

For Brother:
    He is an insanely great allrounder and one of the few players who max their speed. Put him in the middle.

For Wedge:
    That player is simply amazing. He starts off as offensive, becomes a very nice defender and in the end, he's the second best goalie with a value very close to Rumnic's. His Shot stat is initially 17, it raises during the season and in the end, it's back to 17. You can find him as a guard of the Luca Stadium.

Additionally the following players are very nice:

Neda and Nida:
    Forgot which is which. One is the shopkeep of the store in the Calm Lands, the other one is a masked Al Bhed walking around at the Luca Docks. The masked one initially has a speed value of merely 30, which is very bad. However, it starts rising at between levels 30 and 40 and is maxed out at level 70 already. The shopkeep (also an Al Bhed, but a woman) is very fast throughout the season and a nice defender.

Rumnic:
    Best goalie there is. You might have a hard time getting him off the Al Bhed Psyches, though.

Myu:
    Woman sitting on a bench at Moonflow North. Nice goalie throughout the season.

Kyou:
    Man with iron mask near Djose Temple. He's mastered Sleep Attack X from the beginning and is a nice defender AND a nice goalie.

Wakka:
    Well, what's to say? You saw him in the match vs Luca Goers, didn't ya? He's only 1 Gil each game, can master a skill that's not learnable by ANYONE else and is very nice as offensive. You might consider exchanging him for Neda (masked Al Bhed) or Wedge (only at the beginning), though.

And of course: Tidus! Has 2 unique skills to learn, an incredible Shot stat and also nice other stats. Never leave that guy out^^

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I tot u were addicted to Lulu's balls?