Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No one "becomes" a soceress.(spoilers)

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

This is just stupid. If this theory were true, then the entire story of FFVIII would be different - why would the developers emphasize the fact that ANYONE can be a sorceress, that a sorceress must pass on her powers before dying, if it weren't true? This isn't the characters of the game misinterpreting a concept, it is you.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Greenie

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    This is just stupid. If this theory were true, then the entire story of FFVIII would be different - why would the developers emphasize the fact that ANYONE can be a sorceress, that a sorceress must pass on her powers before dying, if it weren't true? This isn't the characters of the game misinterpreting a concept, it is you.
    This theory has already been disproved and added to my DH list. Sorry Moon Rabbits

Due to the nature of the stable time loop, no one involved in it can't not be what they are inside it. This is not the same as them 'always being one.'
    Squall is foredestined to become a SeeD and also plant the idea of SeeD into Edea's mind. This does not mean he is always a SeeD. Same with Rinoa. She must always 'become' a Sorceress, but is not always one. She has always had the potential, but this is merely being a vessel for the power of Hyne.
    Passing along the power of Hyne is a canon fact, both believed in universe, and given as the explanation in official extrauniversal sources.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    Due to the nature of the stable time loop, no one involved in it can't not be what they are inside it. This is not the same as them 'always being one.'
    Squall is foredestined to become a SeeD and also plant the idea of SeeD into Edea's mind. This does not mean he is always a SeeD. Same with Rinoa. She must always 'become' a Sorceress, but is not always one. She has always had the potential, but this is merely being a vessel for the power of Hyne.
    Passing along the power of Hyne is a canon fact, both believed in universe, and given as the explanation in official extrauniversal sources.

That is very well written, Ryushikaze. I completly agree.

ok, But Do You All Remember When You Get To Name Your Necklace Griever How Did Squall Know The Gf . So Lets Make Some Connections Squall and Griever - Rinoa And Ultimecia What If Some How Squall And Rinoa Turn From Good To Evil. For Whatever Reason .
    Or Does Anyone Think That Griever And Ultimecia Are Descendants Of Squall And Rinoa?
    In Ultimecia's Castle Could there be a relation with Squall's Allies And The Bosses You Have To Fight? Any Theroies? Cause The Way Is See It Squall=Griever Rinoa = ultimecia
    And That Dragon is Bahamut's Alter-Ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Eden-Oden View Post
    ok, But Do You All Remember When You Get To Name Your Necklace Griever How Did Squall Know The Gf . So Lets Make Some Connections Squall and Griever - Rinoa And Ultimecia What If Some How Squall And Rinoa Turn From Good To Evil. For Whatever Reason .
    Or Does Anyone Think That Griever And Ultimecia Are Descendants Of Squall And Rinoa?
    In Ultimecia's Castle Could there be a relation with Squall's Allies And The Bosses You Have To Fight? Any Theroies? Cause The Way Is See It Squall=Griever Rinoa = ultimecia
    I have no Idea what the hell you just said, but it sounds wrong.

Actually, Bahamut is known as the king of dragons, and Tiamat is known as the queen of dragons.

Cloud and/or Ultimecia created Griever, and Ultimecia drew him forth from Cloud's own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cid View Post
    Actually, Bahamut is known as the king of dragons, and Tiamat is known as the queen of dragons.
    According to FF and DnD, yes, though they rule different dragons.
    In the original Mythos Bahamut existed outside of reality and was more akin to a fish. Then again, I suppose he can choose to look like whatever he wants inside reality.

Cloud and/or Ultimecia created Griever, and Ultimecia drew him forth from Cloud's own mind.
    Cloud?

Apologies, I wrote that while quite exhausted and discussing FF7 elsewhere. Squall and/or Ultimecia is what I meant to write.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

In most FF games Tiamat appears radically different from Bahamut, with multiple heads. So in this game is was a mainly case of palette swapping, although the Dark Flare is most likely a reference to Mega Flare. Theoretically B=T is possible, but the two characters are typically separate entities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    Apologies, I wrote that while quite exhausted and discussing FF7 elsewhere. Squall and/or Ultimecia is what I meant to write.
    I see, but what a brilliant theory that Cloud made Griever, can't wait to see a troll post it.

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    In most FF games Tiamat appears radically different from Bahamut, with multiple heads. So in this game is was a mainly case of palette swapping, although the Dark Flare is most likely a reference to Mega Flare. Theoretically B=T is possible, but the two characters are typically separate entities.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cid View Post

I see, but what a brilliant theory that Cloud made Griever, can't wait to see a troll post it.
    Theory posting isn't trolling (if this was lighthearted, forgive me, but I am sensitive about this - it goes with the "cruft" problem on Wikipedia.

Plus Griever doesn't really need that much theorising - the game comes right out and tells you what it is.
    Last edited by MJN SEIFER; 11-23-2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Because, I made a MISTAKE! OK?!

Indeed it does, as well as it does Ultimecia.