Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic Mickey!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Epic Mickey!

Mickey is getting a dark change. There was a thread a bit ago with vague concept art but I forget what it was called.

Thats the only image I can find online. The magazine has tons of pictures!

My game informer did a big spread on it. It's a world that a long long time ago when mickey was all young and foolish and kinda bad from the late 20's cartoon, he spilled paint and thinner on a world Yensid had made. Forgetting about it for years he was in the tower and he got pulled through a mirror where is long forgotten brother, Oswald the Lucky Bunny, was battling to fix the corrupted world. It looks really dark and you get to paint your way through the world! Well or use thinner to destroy it. I guess depending on what you do, mickey changes his appearance. If you destroy lots of stuff mickey get's more rat like. If you paint and create things he gets more upright and golden hands and such.

Its like Tim Burton and Walt Disney had a baby and it's one weird child. It will be a wii exclusive.

EDIT: Found a video on the game informer site of the art. :P
    Last edited by Freya; 10-17-2009 at 08:58 PM.

I'm only going to comment on the art style, because I haven't read enough about the gameplay.

Beautiful.

I remember seeing some art for it awhile back, when there was most likely no hope that a game would eventually see the light of day. I think it's an incredibly inspiring art direction, and to take something that was part of the founding of animation and still make it interesting is just fantastic.

I approve of the art, 100%.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

"DISNEY'S ICONIC MOUSE AS YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM."

Hahahahahahahaha.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Glad to see Oogie Boogie can still get a gig these days.

Blog Entries

It was only a matter of time before the last remaining childhood icon follows suit and turns into a grimdark and moody 'deep' teenage wristcutter. Trebles all round for Disney!

there was a picture here

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm excited for the wii. A lot of games don't use the wii mote well. I hope this one works well with it!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    It was only a matter of time before the last remaining childhood icon follows suit and turns into a grimdark and moody 'deep' teenage wristcutter. Trebles all round for Disney!
    I think they're going to ruin Mickey with this. Honestly. But I don't care, so long as the game is good.

Kids need to get their own goddamn icons and stop stealing the ones from our childhoods. (I don't think I'm quite old enough to say this yet but I did anyway)

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Are there any actual gameplay pictures inside the magazine? Thats all I really want to see. The game has a lot of things going for it so far. Warren Spector is behind the title for christ sake! He can do no wrong in my eyes.

EDIT - Just saw the pictures for myself. Seems like its a fully 3D platformer instead of a 2.5D one which was rumoured. The graphics don't really do the original concept art justice. Or at least from what I'm seeing. Kinda looks like Kingdom Hearts to be honest. I'm actually pretty underwelmed
    Last edited by Dreddz; 10-18-2009 at 10:37 PM.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war.

Not Pictured: Sebastian's rotting corpse, complete with fork markings from Ariel's new fork-arm.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

smurf yeah zombie thelittlemermaid!

Blog Entries

Oh god, she has a dinglehopper for an arm.

D:

Mother
    Kiss me you fools

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Flounder is so cute!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    I think they're going to ruin Mickey with this. Honestly. But I don't care, so long as the game is good.

Kids need to get their own goddamn icons and stop stealing the ones from our childhoods. (I don't think I'm quite old enough to say this yet but I did anyway)
    Actually after reading the article, its actually them taking Mickey back to his roots before he became the epitome of absolute good and wholesomeness. We're going back to the 1920's stuff where Mickey is actually mischievous and somewhat of a realistic character.

I was even more surprised that another Walt Disney creation was going to be in the game. Oswald the Lucky Bunny, Walt's first cartoon character before he did Mickey. Really, the whole plot of the game is a reflection of the mythology of Walt's creations back in the day. I'm really excited by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Are there any actual gameplay pictures inside the magazine? Thats all I really want to see. The game has a lot of things going for it so far. Warren Spector is behind the title for christ sake! He can do no wrong in my eyes.

EDIT - Just saw the pictures for myself. Seems like its a fully 3D platformer instead of a 2.5D one which was rumoured. The graphics don't really do the original concept art justice. Or at least from what I'm seeing. Kinda looks like Kingdom Hearts to be honest. I'm actually pretty underwelmed
    I disagree to a point. Yes, some of it looks like it came out of KH but other images like the building or the film reel world are absolutely breathtaking in my opinion. I also like what they did with Mickey as he's represented by his original style. The post-apocalyptic robot version of Donald is pretty creepy and stays in line with the concept art.