Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: How can Kingdom Hearts appeal more to mainstream Disney fans?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

How often do you have vocals in a BGM? It's a rare thing to do, and usually it is when the song is the main theme of the game. You are not making any sense with this

I've seen movies with multiple songs featured in their BGM, and other video games too.
    Is that your final answer?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Kingdom Hearts is not a movie, so that is an irrelevant point. Please give me names of games with BGM that have lyrics as proof.

But still, Qwertysaur, it's common to have many songs other than the main theme in the BGM of movies and video games alike, is it not?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Why are you insisting on including movies all of a sudden in this discussion? Kingdom Hearts is certainly not a movie (Though some JRPG's do feel like one at times )

Yes there are many different BGM in a game, but how often do they have lyrics in them?

Blog Entries

Also having any scene with a moderate amount of dialogue while there is singing in the background gets confusing.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

This topic is getting ridiculous.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

SM, I don't understand why it seems so difficult to accept that your position regarding the matter is in the minority. Regardless of whether or not it would work (I'd argue BGM with lyrics would be obnoxious, especially when sung by the "talent" of the Disney channel), you should be able to at least acknowledge that because what you're asking for is so unpopular, it's not a realistic expectation.

The thing is, I would like it to gain even MORE popularity, and that's why I'm suggesting these ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    The thing is, I would like it to gain even MORE popularity, and that's why I'm suggesting these ideas.
    You're suggesting it basically be pushed into the direction of being a little kid's game, which will highly irritate the current fan base. Despite the fact that it has Disney characters, the audience is mostly older than the "little kid" audience. Most teenagers are too busy trying to macho-posture to even give such things as Disney-like singing a chance, and people older than that are likely to roll their eyes to such things in the game and say "Oh my god, you're kidding me". So many ideas in this topic have been so silly, that I cannot even imagine a realistic RPG having these things. Most people would probably view such changes as a mockery of an RPG, and the game would just be a joke in the RPG community. There is no way that SE would realistically implement such ideas, because they know it'll alienate the majority of their target audience, in exchange for earning the appreciation of an incomparably smaller one.

I'm not saying characters should sing more; I would just like a little bit of Disney Channel music, that's all.

Blog Entries

And were saying it wouldnt work. As background music it would be distracting and irritating, also the english audience would feel short changed if their experience differed from the experience of the original japanese version

If you really want disney channel music in KH then just buy the Miley Cirus or whatever soundtrack and have it run in the background while you play.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 02-14-2010 at 05:23 AM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

I'm not saying characters should sing more; I would just like a little bit of Disney Channel music, that's all.
    I know this was an attempt to salvage your argument here, but I think this just makes it sound a lot worse. I think most people don't even see the Disney Channel being a true part of actual Disney. I also think that you haven't really listened to anything I said, or anything that anyone else has been saying. I'm not trying to shoot you down or belittle you, but you need to understand that there are too many people that probably will not respond well to the implementations you're suggesting.

My intention is not to alienate the current audience, though...

My intention is not to alienate the current audience, though...
    The implementation of your suggestions most certainly would alienate the current audience, of that you should have no doubt. Please trust us on this. Pretty much everyone here has face-palmed over these silly suggestions. To a NORMAL PERSON, this should be a CLUE as to what the reactions of other SE fans might be.

Want Kingdom Hearts advertised to Disney audiences better? One good way to try this would be to go through the legal work and maybe make some rides in Disneyland or Disney World based on Kingdom Hearts. All sorts of people go to these theme parks, and seeing such rides might make them go "Hey look at that cute Sora guy standing next to Goofy and Donald. What's that?", and it'll easily be successful as people pay very high prices to take their families to these parks for 2-3 days usually, so they're generally trying all the rides they can possibly think of. I think this was already mentioned, but perhaps they could also work some deal with SE to have them make either a movie or an anime series based on Kingdom Hearts to be shown on the Disney Channel [or both, and the movie should be released in theatres obviously]. The anime series only has to be moderately good, as things like the Aladdin and The Little Mermaid TV series actually did pretty well with that audience. Those are actual ways you'd give more exposure of Kingdom Hearts to some of the Disney audiences.

None of these are likely to happen, but I actually think they'd be pretty fun if they did. Regardless, it's best if we try not to screw up the Kingdom Hearts games by tinkering around with them and adding things like The Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana, or what have you. The suggestions I just mentioned are guaranteed to work exponentially better than putting more songs, or singing, or Disney Channel singers into a Kingdom Hearts game.