Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: How can Kingdom Hearts appeal more to mainstream Disney fans?

If Sora , Riku , Kairi , Darkness in ZeroAnsem, Namine , AnsemXehanort's Heartless, the MastersXehanort and Eraqus, the Apprentices Vanitas , Terra , Aqua , Ventus, the OrganizationXigbar=Braig , Xaldin=Dilan , Vexen=Even , Lexaeus=Aeleus , Zexion=Ienzo , Saix=Isa , Axel=Lea , Demyx , Luxord , Larxene , Marluxia , Xion, the Heartless , the Nobodies , and the Unversed are all property of Disney... then I'm inclined now to agree they should be made a bigger part of the Disney Franchise. Why not make a couple of movies or a TV show?

My thoughts exactly, Mercen-X.
    Is that your final answer?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    If Sora , Riku , Kairi , Darkness in ZeroAnsem, Namine , AnsemXehanort's Heartless, the MastersXehanort and Eraqus, the Apprentices Vanitas , Terra , Aqua , Ventus, the OrganizationXigbar=Braig , Xaldin=Dilan , Vexen=Even , Lexaeus=Aeleus , Zexion=Ienzo , Saix=Isa , Axel=Lea , Demyx , Luxord , Larxene , Marluxia , Xion, the Heartless , the Nobodies , and the Unversed are all property of Disney... then I'm inclined now to agree they should be made a bigger part of the Disney Franchise. Why not make a couple of movies or a TV show?
    Because they would be... bad?

Banned

Because Disney doesn't know how to make a good TV show or movie based on these characters, or the KH storyline.

Hence the whole, "pay Square Enix to do all the work" part.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

The actual plot of Kingdom Hearts is Nomura's brainchild. He proposed the idea to Disney initially, not the other way around. I mean, I guess they could adapt the games into a television series like they have into a manga if they really wanted, but I sincerely doubt it'd be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    I wouldn't say put Hannah Montana as a character in KHIII, but perhaps include music from Miley Cyrus in the soundtrack.
    There's a huge difference between classic Disney and trash on TV. Honestly, I don't know why someone would suggest something so horrible. If you can't find the difference then you have no right in being a Disney fan.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Well then, perhaps other Disney Channel stars...

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

You just missed the point there, chief. The Disney Channel is hardly on par with classic Disney movies. It's all about as bad as Hannah Montana.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Disney Channel is set up with a target audience of preteen girls. Kingdom Hearts is not made with that audience in mind. You might want it, but you understand that very few agree with you on the idea.

Also, Disney Channel itself has nothing to do with the series at all, and the likelihood of any Disney Channel character or personality is about the same as Spiderman appearing in Kingdom Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post

Disney Channel is set up with a target audience of preteen girls. Kingdom Hearts is not made with that audience in mind. You might want it, but you understand that very few agree with you on the idea.

Also, Disney Channel itself has nothing to do with the series at all, and the likelihood of any Disney Channel character or personality is about the same as Spiderman appearing in Kingdom Hearts.
    The target of the Disney Channel ranges from preteens to mid-teens. I don't watch many of those shows, but I knwo they're popular. I do agree with you that putting Hannah Montana in KHIII would not make any sense, but Miley Cyrus can still contribute music to the games. She is also starring in a film based on the Nicholas Sparks novel The Last Song, which is intended to introduce her to older audiences. And the theme song" When I Look at You" is a very beautiful song. Hear it for yourself:

YouTube - Miley Cyrus The Last Song When I Look At You Official Music Video HD

I think both this song and "The Climb" fit KH quite well.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

They are popular, among preteen and teenage girls. There is very little overlap between them and the people playing Kingdom Hearts.

Can Miley Cyrus sing fluently in Japanese? No, and if you want a voiced part in a Japanese game, you need to be speaking in Japanese. That's one of the reasons why Utada performs the theme songs, she can sing in both English and Japanese.

Blog Entries

If his next response is "Why not put the Miley songs in the english version in place of the japanese songs" I will rage
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Put Miley's music ONLY in the English version, and NOT the Japanese version. Utada should still sing the main theme, but additional songs can be put into the soundtrack. Miley and other Disney Channel stars' music should only be present in the English version.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Adding things in for one release and not the other is a very bad idea. It takes a lot longer to release the game if they have to make more changes than simply the voice overs.

Also again, what good will it do? Miley Cyrus's audience is not the same as the people who play Kingdom Hearts. You don't see Miley Cyrus Paintball guns either right? Because there is almost no overlap between people who play paintball and Miley Cyrus fans.

Those are two different situations, Qwertysaur, and I've spoken to other KH fans outside this forum who like Miley Cyrus and other Disney Channel pop stars, and they say that they would like to have their music featured in the next game's soundtrack.