Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: >> Im bored of movies..

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

That movie was okay for me. Probably the people wjo were most dissapointed about it were the hardcore Wolverine fans.

In terms of boredom with moves, well I guess it could just sort of be this year. I haven't seen too many films this year. Just Origins and Transformers 2 appealed to me. I kind of wanted to see Where the Wild Things Are with my little brother, but he never asked me to take him. Last year was the year for movies though. I think I saw something almost every month.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

A good movie is about immersion rather than content...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can agree with black orb on this one. I rarely enjoy watching movies anymore. I generally blame it on a need for greater immersion and very few films can supply that anymore. I can't even think of a movie that has done that for me in years. Very few films have the power to stir the imagination anymore.

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

My attention span doesn't allow for me to wa- OMG A BLUE CAR
    derp

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I see what you did there...

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I think TV series are better because those doesnt have a limited time, TV series just keep going on and on and thats what it makes them more interesting..
    This is a positive and a negative. On one hand, the unlimited time frame that a television show has is burdened by a constant need for new and entertaining storylines and can take time to flesh out the characters involved without a rush. The time allowance can be bad due to the necessity of constantly delivering and, upon not delivering, bad things happen. The reliance on an audience causes pressures that could hurt the show in time. Movies, while having limited time to present characters and plot, either deliver or don't and rarely suffer from pressures of the audience. I enjoy both thoroughly because they each have such traits about them. Good movies and shows aren't as rare as people think, they just take some time to discover. I can name several dozen movies and a couple dozen shows that I've enjoyed immensely, a couple of which are very recent.
    This is very, very true. How many times have TV shows failed to deliver? Or better yet how many long running shows or TV series have ended on a low note? I can name 2 sci-fi/fantasy ones straight of the bat; Battlestar Galactica the final episode, began fantastically a suicidal charge in to the main cylon base to attack them and rescue the child followed by what can only be described as the most disappointing ending to a major TV series possible. Also I've only just seen season 1 of this in the uk but Legend of The Seeker, the entire 20 week series (or something like that) has spent it's 45 min episodes building up it's character development, Darken Rahl or however you spell his name was described as this intelligent, wily, creative, powerful mage ends up dead in what can only be described as a remarkably disappointing ending to the series. I personally was going to try reading the Terry Goodkind books it's based on however if the ending is as disappointing as the ending in the TV series then heck, I doubt I will waste my time reading them.

Movies offer a different kind of immersion than a tv series or a computer game, some games like Mass Effect attempt to emulate the kind of immersion of the cinema however smoothly they do this however there is not ofcourse the fluidity of a movie. Perhaps Black Orb, you've just not watched any decent movies this year or so. I would suggest watching the following movies if you haven't already (some aren't from this year but might be unknown to you)

Gattaca (the only movie evidence I have ever seen that Jude Law can act)
    Taken (mentioned already, this is an amazing movie)
    Collin (shot on a budget of 45 quid this zombie flick takes you through the movie from the perspective of a zombie, our zombie was a man called Collin)
    Watchmen
    Gran Torino

Personally I enjoy movies considerably more than video games, but thats just me. I like video games and I've spent a good chunk of my time playing them, but movies have an effect on me that video games just can't seem to come close to. Especially when I see the movie in the theaters, for some reason that really elevates it for me.

But different strokes for different folks I guess.

How many movies have been made? Thousands, hundreds of thousands! Maybe Millions!!! How can you be bored of ALL of them? Maybe you've just not seen enough good ones lately. Just go look at a list of "100 movies to watch before I die" and watch them...
    Here I am to save the day!

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

I feel the same way blackorb so what I've done is started watching all those old movies you see when you are a kid. Like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Annie, old Disney movies and An American Tail. I think the movies out now don't have the warmth as the old movies did, it makes me sad. ;; We should bring back terrible special effects and cheesy acting!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Watching movies with your friends (big drunken movie nights yey!) rekindles that old flame, black orb.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Dragonball Evolution is now the worst movie i`ve seen in my entire life (i watched it yesterday)..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

why would you do that

go watch 'up' or something

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    why would you do that
    >>> I wanted to see the worst waste of money ever..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Crocodylus Pontifex The Space Pope's Avatar

hahaha

I try to get into movies but the thing is, I always spot plot holes and it's hard to get into the movie when you can't really emerge yourself in it.

Take the Sixth Sense for example. Within ten minutes I noticed two HUGE plot holes and couldn't enjoy the movie at all. ;(
    derp

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

You think to much Pope. o.O