Thread: Thoughts on Hyne.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Thoughts on Hyne.

Hyne is a "character" in FFVIII that is mentioned only in history. He is believed to have created life, and to be the first Sorcerer (I think Sorcerer/Sorceress is a gender based thing, not sure though).

However, in the world of FFVIII time travel is possible, particaular to those who use sorcerey. I think, for what ever reason Hyne went back to a very eailey date and corrupted history. It would make sense if you think about it.

I also believe that, Hyne's plans wheren't finished, I think that Hyne was stopped from reaching is complete goal, so only part of history changed to suit Hyne, but what stopped him was also a change. Look at this;

Original History: Whatever really happened - Hyne goes back to before this period, corrupts history, to create the "History" in the FFVIII world as we know it.

FFVIII: History #1: Hyne's succeeded so far, his plans are ok, until the period of history, which is talked about on the white SeeD ship, where he is stopped. This wasn't supposed to happed.

FFVIII History # 2 (remember these are only theorires): FF History as it is now. Hyne was stopped from whatever his plans where, and a "new" history is created - if Hyne had never gone back, he wouldn't have needed to be stopped. So the "orginal" history, would have not had included the story on the white SeeD ship.

Unfortunatly, I have not yet conlcuded in my theories, whether Hyne originates from the future, the present, or that bit of the past which is the future to the previous past (got that?), but still the past to the present and future. (sure you got that?)

Interested in your opinions.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I thought time travel wasn't possible in the past until Ellone came into the picture. Ellone is not really a Sorceress if I remember.

BTW, just what exactly is Hyne's plan?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

To harvest the planet’s supply of noods

Why didn't Ultimecia travel back to Hyne`s time? Because if she did, she would have reached a greater impact.

Or did she?
    Is there something scary Ultimecia finds about Hyne enough for her not to travel back to his time? Is that why we don't get to view the bizzare image of Hyne because it's way beyond our imaginations?

Would that explain why she used something alternatively; travelling back to the times of Squall and Co instead. When she saw the little Squall back then, she thought that he would be useful; becoming her constant?

Unless there's a limitation to time travel. If Ellone or any entity of the same kind didn't exist back in Hyne's time, there's no way for Ultimecia to travel back to that time. However, seeing as how Ultimecia came from the future, she must have something there to make her time travel become very, very effective. Maybe Ellone's granddaughter?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hyne will pwn her if she travel back to Hyne's time?

Blog Entries

This is still only a theory, but sadly the only "plan" I can think of is to take over - I know it's a cliche plan, but kind of makes sense, by creating the "history" of creating life gives Hyne a God-like image, so perhaps becoming a God was the grand intention.

Christmas; I'll have to check on the time travel thing.

Serapy: Interesting thoughts, I shall concider them.

Additional: Time Compression would apparently cause all Sorceress' within a particular timline to one Sorceress (or Sorcerer?) - I think Hyne might be trying to go back again, but is first using Time Compression to get the power he needs to stop those who stopped him. (He WAS stopped by the way - there is a story on the White SeeD's ship).

I have seen rumors about Ultimecia being possessed before, so I can't claim that as my own - however I can use it to help with my theories, I think it is Hyne that has possessed Ultimecia - how exactly is still in the working process, but I am convinced she is possessed, that is why she has a speech at the end. It is the same as previous evidence of possession resistance. Since my ?=U theory was disproved before I even uploaded it (I may upload it one day so you can all have a look at the "evidence" I collected - it definatly WON'T be R=U though.) this is becoming more likley to me each time I think of it.

Most of my recent theories are based on both what I have seen and what I have read here by other members, I will always try to point out if any part of my theories was inspired by outside information.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Why didn't Ultimecia travel back to Hyne`s time? Because if she did, she would have reached a greater impact.

Unless there's a limitation to time travel. If Ellone or any entity of the same kind didn't exist back in Hyne's time, there's no way for Ultimecia to travel back to that time. However, seeing as how Ultimecia came from the future, she must have something there to make her time travel become very, very effective. Maybe Ellone's granddaughter?
    Ultimecia did not travel back to Hyne's time because Dr. Odine very specifically states that it is impossible to travel back that far. Ultimecia uses the Junction Machine Ellone to travel back to Squall's time so that she can find Ellone so that she might be sent further back in time. The Junction Machine Ellone works exactly like Ellone's power works, so it can be assumed that there are limitations on how far back Ellone can send people. And yes, Ultimecia does have something in the future that allows her to time travel - the JME, not Ellone's granddaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I thought time travel wasn't possible in the past until Ellone came into the picture. Ellone is not really a Sorceress if I remember.
    This is true. Ellone is an anomaly within the world of FFVIII: time travel prior to Ellone's existence can be assumed impossible.

Lastly, this entire theory is invalidated because it's stated throughout the ENTIRE game that time is unchangeable. Except, maybe, via time compression, but since time is unchangeable no one will ever achieve time compression. Theory dead.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post

Lastly, this entire theory is invalidated because it's stated throughout the ENTIRE game that time is unchangeable. Except, maybe, via time compression, but since time is unchangeable no one will ever achieve time compression. Theory dead.
    While I am welcome to debate, and indeed disprovments on my theories, this (currently) doesn't work, as my theory kind of DEPENDS on time being "unchageable" in that all new timlines are original anyway, (more of a destiny thing) I will eventually explain it in full, but I want to type it up properly, rather than rush into it.

Thank you for your input though.
    Last edited by MJN SEIFER; 11-04-2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Because, I made a MISTAKE! OK?!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Is there more info on Hyne after the remastered version came out?

I want to hear what Future Esthar has to say about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Future Esthar is Hyne.

Hyne.prevented the cataclysm by praying for guidance. I don't even know /Christianity jokes

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have always been under the belief that Hyne was meant to be a bigger deal in the narrative originally, and then got downsized in later drafts. There's more information about them than there is for Time Compression within the narrative and the Ultimanias.

My personal theory is that Ultimecia is trying to use Ellone's powers to reach back to Hyne themselves, because only a being of their power would be capable of casting a spell like Time Compression. So she's using her time travel device and the boos by Ellone's abilities to body surf her way far enough back through the memories of all the previous sorcerress' to reach the original sorceress Hyne.

I want to hear more information about Hyne after the remastered version came out.