Thread: your strategies?

President of SoulfireSoft Ledious's Avatar

Default your strategies?

I use a lot of doge cancellation and infinite combos. I can pull off most of the infinite combos with Zidane but I still struggle with the cancel doge that swings your character behind your opponent.

a doge canceling demo:
    YouTube - Dissidia Final Fantasy: The Art of Dodge Canceling

so whats your fighting strategies?
    creative director of Soulfire Soft, public site coming soon!!! -_^

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I use Cloud of Darkness and she will blast them with lasers until they can't stand any more! The computer will rush you when you use Fusillade and get a face full of 0-Form Cannon. A actually had a friend of mine do that once. But unlike the computer he learned, luckily he forgot the Fusillade tracks and died anyway. Fun times.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Firion..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It really depends on the character...

For Terra, I'm trying to teach myself to resist using her EX-Burst cause I can easily do far greater damage by spamming her dual casting spells. Give her Exp converts to EX Gauge and you can almost keep her in EX-Mode permanently by spamming Meltdown, Flood or the Holy/Flare/Ultima combo.

The last combo becomes incredibly difficult to dodge in EX-Mode and since she does such high brave damage she can quickly raise her Brave even if the enemy is Brave breaked.

My other favorites like Squall and Gabranth are much more tricky to use. I'm also trying to learn how to use Kefka which is becoming more and more about relying on a certain move to set up every other attack he has.

A figure clad in armor. Darkwolf090's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Acerbus Lupus (Mysidia)

My Strat is.... Golbez
    I care not for harmony nor discord. - Golbez
    It is better to die and be remembered forever, then it is to live on and have no one know your alive. Do what you want, hold nothing back!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    It really depends on the character...

For Terra, I'm trying to teach myself to resist using her EX-Burst cause I can easily do far greater damage by spamming her dual casting spells. Give her Exp converts to EX Gauge and you can almost keep her in EX-Mode permanently by spamming Meltdown, Flood or the Holy/Flare/Ultima combo.
    That eternal-Ex strategy also works insanely well with Bartz and the wonderfully overpowered Goblin Punch.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

The best way to win in any fight is staying in EX Mode as long as possible. It's kind of sad that like most of us here (I'm sure) I used my EX Mode as a means of getting to my EX Burst as soon as possible.

I'm pretty bad at strategy, unfortunately. I've been trying to dodge and chain stuff and the like, but I get frustrated really easily. As a true FF fan, I've learned how to play the hell out of this game, but ...well, as a true FF fan, it's been a difficult process.
    俺は人間なのか?

Yeah, as Wolf Kanno (I love your Vagrant Story avatar :B) said: It really depends on the character...

But anyways, cornering your enemies is a good strategy too... I do it often.
    Kuja, Please, Rest In Peace...
    Dissidia Killed You
    Yeah... the whole game...

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I am very dangerous with Onion Kid. Since all his brave attacks chain to HP, if I get you with one hit you are at my mercy. I mainly hit and run with him, and it's quite effective.

I also play Ultimecia a lot lately, with her I'm always attacking and keeping distance. Build up EX, then stop time and fire an HP attack for an EX burst. Takes a long time to pull off but it's almost impossible to hit her with most characters.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kefka and Gabranth are becoming some of my stronger characters now. I'm starting to like the more defensive strategic characters and Kefka just throws off so many people cause he's actually fairly powerful as long as you can control the flow of battle.

A figure clad in armor. Darkwolf090's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Acerbus Lupus (Mysidia)

Ok so I found a nasty combo with Golbez (ask Wolf Kanno he was on the other side of it) that is pretty much a break and all I need to do is land one hit.
    With my other chars like Cloud I ignore how the game tells you should use him. I use him as a Mid Range and air char, also he is a EX mode char start for me too, his EX is really damn mean (Lol you cant block me and I do nothing but crits and more damage if i have full HP) oh and i found out.... Jecht can block HP attacks.... wtf?
    I care not for harmony nor discord. - Golbez
    It is better to die and be remembered forever, then it is to live on and have no one know your alive. Do what you want, hold nothing back!

President of SoulfireSoft Ledious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Kefka and Gabranth are becoming some of my stronger characters now. I'm starting to like the more defensive strategic characters and Kefka just throws off so many people cause he's actually fairly powerful as long as you can control the flow of battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwolf090 View Post
    Ok so I found a nasty combo with Golbez (ask Wolf Kanno he was on the other side of it) that is pretty much a break and all I need to do is land one hit.
    With my other chars like Cloud I ignore how the game tells you should use him. I use him as a Mid Range and air char, also he is a EX mode char start for me too, his EX is really damn mean (Lol you cant block me and I do nothing but crits and more damage if i have full HP) oh and i found out.... Jecht can block HP attacks.... wtf?
    Yea jecht is a beast. Almost to the point of being cheap.
    creative director of Soulfire Soft, public site coming soon!!! -_^

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Is funny but I have never had problems beating Jetch, he takes forever to charge up his attacks so is easy to dodge..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Mine is a very violent way...
    I play as Gabranth, I am a beast with him. I usually pick a very large stage, such as Crystal World or Dream's End. I love to put Chaos Judgment in but it isn't necessary.
    The battle starts out, I jump and run up to the highest point possible, then charge up my EX gauge. If the opponent comes in close, I dodge and evade their attacks, NEVER countering. Once I get to EX mode I am in it for the rest of the battle. I made a very good build that makes Gabranths EX mode last for the whole battle. Given how amazing Gabranths EX mode is, I proceed to unleash everything. I rush the opponent and charge relentlessly. Of course Dodge Cancelling is used. Otherwise this technique would fail beyond belief. Though, I never chase the opponent. It would give them a chance to recover and hit me with an attack. Once my brave is high from all the breaking and such, I wait till they are viable for a break again. I will then lower their bravery down to around 700 or below. Once there I take to the skies and rain down innocence. I usually only need to use it once or twice. It is so useful. Then once my attack hits and I have used up my current bravery, I finish with an EX burst. That should break them once again and allow for about 3000~7000 more damage. My method is so easy for me I also love how during chaos judgment, using EX Charge counts as an attack, so I won't be frozen. But since the opponent is usually running for their lives they get frozen and I unleash a deadly combo.

There are 4 main characters I use, and different strategies for each one (2 of them being cheap).

1. Cloud is mostly my farming guy, cause I can kill stuff with him the quickest. He's the one I use on time attack to build up wind/water/life stones and megalixirs. My strategy with him is simple: lure them into a brave attack, block, and counter with either Slashing Blow > Omnislash Version 5 (for the added Wall Break damage), or Sonic Break > Finishing Touch. Strategies vary slightly tho, depending on who I'm fighting (particularly Kuja or Ultimecia). I can also substitute Tidus for Cloud, because he's pretty similar minus the Wall Break.

2. Terra is my cheapo #1. I just jump at the top of the stage, and rain down the Holy/Ultima Combo until they give in. No matter the level, she is basically the anti-Chaos. She really ruins his day (especially using her Tornado to interrupt Divine Judgement from anywhere).

3. Dark Knight Cecil is my cheapo #2. Just spam Dark Flame, which goes through walls and has pretty nice homing, and I can kill anything. Basically I just use him to build chain 100+ in the Blackjack dual colloseum.

4. My favorite to use, and the fun one, is Jecht. For one, I like the character. I like his taunts after he wins ("How good can one guy get?"). He is also *potentially* the most powerful character because of his combos. His combos are very difficult to pull off and master tho, which is why I probably don't use him as much as Cloud.

For all characters, I use one of two builds. For stuff my level and below, its Exp > Ex Force. For stuff thats higher level than me, its Exp > Bravery. You can kill level 150 stuff in Blackjack in 3 HP attacks with the proper Exp > Brave build.

And now I hope I never fight any of you online, because you know my strategies.
    "You may say that though Zanarkand is gone from this world, it lives on in the song."