Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Halloween films

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mothersmurfing Snakes View Post
    Sweet lord, I watched Hocus Pocus so much growing up. I put a spell on yoooooou, and now you're miiiiiine!

The blond was always pretty hot.
    I must protest! Sarah Jessica Parker has never been hot.

Halloween films? The Nightmare Before Christmas, Halloween (obviously), The Thing, Carrie, Ring, Scream. All very good.
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 11-01-2009 at 07:57 PM.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Yeah Hocus Pocus, that film was always on 'round Halloween and it was great. The Nightmare before Christmas & Interview with a Vampire are some others.

Str8 Pimpin'

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hocus Pocus is the !

I must protest! Sarah Jessica Parker has never been hot.
    She was fairly attractive during the Hocus Pocus thing but since Sex in the City she's been hideous.

I think you're all confused. A Nightmare Before Christmas is a film for dark Halloweeny type people to watch around Christmas. He's saving Christmas! :P

We were going to watch Hocus Pocus, but of course the video store didn't have it in. I forget what I indulged in last year. Probably the Dawn of the Dead remake, which I indulged in last week. m'Favorite zombie flick..

The original Wolfman is probably the most consistant halloween movie I watch. That and Halloween Curse of the Micheal Myers. Though I try to watch whatever horror movies I can this time a year.

Hocus Pocus is amazing, I watch in most Halloweens.

Also the Evil Dead trilogy is amazing.
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    I forget what I indulged in last year. Probably the Dawn of the Dead remake, which I indulged in last week. m'Favorite zombie flick..
    There is only one Dawn of the Dead and its the 1978 original. How can you put the remake over that? Or haven't you seen the original?

little shop of horrors
    the original night of the living dead
    invasion of the body snatchers

and about ten others of that era that i cant remember the name of
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Garfield Halloween special. Classic.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Shaun of the Dead ftw! I watched The Ring as well this Halloween, it was quite good and interesting. I do love Hocus Pocus though I remember watching it as a kid. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    I forget what I indulged in last year. Probably the Dawn of the Dead remake, which I indulged in last week. m'Favorite zombie flick..
    There is only one Dawn of the Dead and its the 1978 original. How can you put the remake over that? Or haven't you seen the original?
    I won't lie, I might not have. Its about the only one I don't specifically remember. I've seen all the Living Dead, and all other regular Dead movies. And about the only one I still think is worth while to this day is the original Night of the Living Dead. What's his face took the Living Dead series in a goofy direction. And Romero is pretty stuck in his ways when he's completely in charge. The remake of Dawn pretty much only had him along for consultation purposes. And I love the idea of sprinting zombies. It means you're boned. That makes them scarier to me. Diary of the Dead was straight up Romero. And I don't put it anywhere near Dawn otD Remake

Just my tastes. Its been years since I saw Shaun of the Dead, I can't even remember specifically why I don't like it anymore. I just remember not liking it. And everyone else raves about it. To each their own. Its not like I'm just some kid that only enjoys new stuff :P I literally grew up on that old stuff and found Nightmare on Elm Street to be more memorable and entertaining and visually and psychologically thrilling and scary than any of the old Dead movies
    Last edited by Vyk; 11-04-2009 at 11:34 PM.

John Carpenter's Halloween. Fin.
    I will never be a memory.

I won't lie, I might not have. Its about the only one I don't specifically remember. I've seen all the Living Dead, and all other regular Dead movies. And about the only one I still think is worth while to this day is the original Night of the Living Dead. What's his face took the Living Dead series in a goofy direction. And Romero is pretty stuck in his ways when he's completely in charge. The remake of Dawn pretty much only had him along for consultation purposes. And I love the idea of sprinting zombies. It means you're boned. That makes them scarier to me. Diary of the Dead was straight up Romero. And I don't put it anywhere near Dawn otD Remake
    Funny, cause I would say that the original Night of the Living Dead is the only one I don't care for out of the original trilogy (the Dead series will always be a trilogy to me, I don't care for Romero's new stuff).

I personally feel the fun has been sucked out of the modern zombie movies. Its all jerky camera movements, thrash metal and people running all over the place. If you watch the original DoTD then you'll notice that it had a lot more things going for it than just people running away from zombies. I'd seriously consider watching the original DoTD again if you can't remember it. Most people who watch it agree thats its still the best zombie movie ever made.