Thread: Final Fantasy IV on Virtual Console

Default Final Fantasy IV on Virtual Console

This is a 2D role-playing game (RPG) in which players embark on an adventure involving magic crystals and a quest to save the world from destruction. Players move small character icons across a field map and enter turn-based battles with an assortment of imps, dragons, and robots. Weapons and special attacks (e.g., "magic," "jump," and "kick"), accessed via a menu-screen, cause enemies to blink and disappear when defeated. One female enemy is depicted wearing a bikini top that exposes a moderate amount of cleavage.
    FINAL FANTASY II

No release date yet. Too bad this means that FF2 on NES won't come over, since they kept the Final Fantasy II title for this game. I'm curious as to whether they will keep in some of the stuff they took out in the US SNES version. I doubt this, though, since the first Final Fantasy was the same on VC and on NES.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've played this game on so many mediums by now, don't think I have the need to play this one. Great for those who haven't by now though.

Barbariccia is pwning that rating.

I know it's strange they made sure to mention her, I always thought of to be a very minor character.

But FFIV back in ALL its mistranslated glory.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cid View Post
    I know it's strange they made sure to mention her, I always thought of to be a very minor character.
    A minor character, but her appearance is certainly one of the more suggestive elements in the game, and I suppose relevant to anyone who wants to know where the "mild suggestive themes" description comes from in the rating.

Wow, who would've thought that Squenix would ever let the censored version out of their house again?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I am going to get this because I'm an idiot.

from the video here the wii vc version looks like a direct port of the SNES US version, that may be why they kept the "Final Fantasy II" there:
    VC in Brief: Final Fantasy II (SNES)

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Useless for me since I still have my old SNES cartridge.

Also, it's very odd that they kept the "II" since most of the world now understand's that it's actually "IV" . . . this is just going to end up confusing a whole new slew of people who weren't even aware that it ever was inappropriately called "II" to begin with.

But hypocritically, I'm glad that "Meteo" and "White" and the like are in there. :P

Its out now! I am going to get it, just to experience "FFII" again, in all its "spoony" glory!

I (and any other FFIV DS and/or GBA owner) am the type of gamer that makes Squeenix filthy, disgustingly, putridly rich!

(I don't think "putridly" is a legitimate word...but it fits)
    You spoony bard!