Thread: Blaspheme!

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Blaspheme!

I love most of you. That is an undeniable. But how, how can there be a thread neglection of the sequel to one of the supreme cult movies of all time? How does this even happen?

I am speaking of course, of Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day. Which is in fact playing in select theaters. And I know some of you are within range of finding said theaters.

I found one. In the LA suburbs, 75 miles away from my San Diego home. But I took the drive and went to see it.

Now you must do the same. If only so I can talk to somebody about it.

I can only say, it does not disappoint.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Dammit I hate having to go to LA to see movies. But I will, because the first Boondock Saints was amazingly good. Now I just need to wait for a day off... woo!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I made a update on my facebook that it was coming out and bunny told me it looked horrible and I got dis hearted and forgot about it

I'm nowhere near a city that's playing it so I have to wait. Was it good?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrayZ View Post
    I love most of you. That is an undeniable. But how, how can there be a thread neglection of the sequel to one of the supreme cult movies of all time? How does this even happen?

I am speaking of course, of Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day. Which is in fact playing in select theaters. And I know some of you are within range of finding said theaters.

I found one. In the LA suburbs, 75 miles away from my San Diego home. But I took the drive and went to see it.

Now you must do the same. If only so I can talk to somebody about it.

I can only say, it does not disappoint.
    Dude, I live in SD too. But I did not want to take the trip.

I also don't want to pirate it though.

The original movie was decent and I enjoyed it quite a bit. That said, it did not warrant a sequel and is not one of the best movies ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    The original movie was decent and I enjoyed it quite a bit. That said, it did not warrant a sequel and is not one of the best movies ever made.
    Ditto. Plus, I wasn't interested because I don't trust sequels anymore. Let alone sequels to ten year old cult movies

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well it took so long because they had to sue the company because no one saw the profits of the couple million they made in dvd sales. :/ So that had to be settled before they could make a new one.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I typically agree about sequels/prequels/etc, but I have more hope for this one. Freya's mentioned the problems they've had trying to get this sequel made, and it's still the original people AND the director hasn't gone crazy with money or power or fame (damn you George Lucas) so I hold out hope for this new Saints film.

Of course if it sucks I'll be pissed.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Entirely worth it. I know most sequels these days are terrible. I'm not much of a sequel man myself. But Troy Duffy's conviction to make this movie gave me hope. And it was well worth it.

I'm sorry to hear you don't agree about this movie. But it is still great, imho.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrayZ View Post
    Entirely worth it. I know most sequels these days are terrible. I'm not much of a sequel man myself. But Troy Duffy's conviction to make this movie gave me hope. And it was well worth it.

I'm sorry to hear you don't agree about this movie. But it is still great, imho.
    This makes me glad, I'll talk to a couple friends and see if they want to make a trip out of it.

And I will let all my friends who were obsessed with the first one know the second one stands up to par