Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Propagator Manifestation and Dimensions

How many monsters have we faced that's part of the plot?

For example. Rinoa faced monsters that were created by Ultimecia; her lions. The monsters exist for a reason.

Propagators appear on screen, unlike many other monsters. It proves that there's something significant about them.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

ruby dragons

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    i think they should actually be arranged in an infolded three-way tripedal shape. The cube makes no sense.
    Does this shape have six numbers?

That Ruby Dragon from Laguna's sequence? Now that you mentioned it...
    Its existence was to play a role in the 'Oh, Sir Knight. Save my boobs from this evil dragon' thing... with a GUNBLADE! Ironic, right?

Seifer being Ultimecia's knight to save herself from the legendary SEED.... and Squall being Rinoa's knight. Uh..

I'm actually curious about the Ruby Dragon scene. Everybody thought it was fake at first but it turned out to be real! Where did that person go? That person responsible for the costumes. Have we ever seen him/her before? A ruby dragon near the green forest? Perhaps, the dimension was responsible for this Ruby Dragon after all!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    I'm actually curious about the Ruby Dragon scene. Everybody thought it was fake at first but it turned out to be real! Where did that person go? That person responsible for the costumes. Have we ever seen him/her before? A ruby dragon near the green forest? Perhaps, the dimension was responsible for this Ruby Dragon after all!
    Comic relief...

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Encountering the propagators on the field map does not indicate greater plot significance. More than likely, this is due to simply game play mechanics. Fighting enemies which much be defeated in pairs via random encounters would complicate the process unnecessarily.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

:monster:

Had Ultimecia manage to complete her own time compression fully, she can finally possess her ability of sending certain objects into a dimension for eternity. I don't believe that this particular dimension will take place on the VIII world (the original landscapes) but rather somewhere else, like a desert island for example. Well, that did happen to Squall at the end but that was part of the time decompression (reversing Ultimecia's actions.) This is proof that the concept of a dimension exists in VIII.

Ok, the main characters are Squall, Quistis, Rinoa, Selphie, Zell and Irvine. That's six characters. How many sides does a cube have? Six. The six characters are merged as a dimension:

Top floor: Squall
    Bottom floor: Rinoa
    Left wall: Quistis
    Right wall: Zell
    Front wall: Selphie
    Back wall: Irvine

If one of the sides is broken, the whole dimension will become useless. That's why Laguna told the dimension to take care of each side. How? Friendship. If each side thinks of each other and support each other, then the sides will stick each other; a strong and unbreakable dimension. It's only breakable when Ultimecia completes her TC. Because with Ultimecia's ability, she can basically move this dimension (the party) into another dimension forever.

Laguna is not who you think he is, he's just like Odine. Because what Laguna said has proven to be true at the end. Time decompression messes up everything. Squall's side losts his place in the dimension and that's why he ended up on a desert island.

As for the propagators manifestation...

This explains why Squall and Rinoa encountered the Propagators at the Ragnarok in the space.

After what Ultimecia's influence has done to the VIII world and Rinoa being given some evil power earlier (GG scene). Then, they travelled to the space, which is faster than speed of light. Why wouldn't this cause some sort of impact?

With the impact in mind, when Rinoa is lost in Space and Squall out looking for her, at that point, they were only thinking of each other. That's not good for the dimension. So, the two sides (Rinoa and Squall) get removed from the whole dimension. Something bad happens...

Ok, there are eight propagators at the Ragnarok:

Purple Propagator x 2 (One for Squall and another for Rinoa)
    Red Propagator x 2 (One for Squall and another for Rinoa)
    Green Propagator x 2 (One for Squall and another for Rinoa)
    Yellow Propagator x 2 (One for Squall and another for Rinoa)

Basically, Rinoa's power made it possible that the impact manifested the propagators.

Oh, have you noticed how many letters does Ragnarok have? Eight! Yet there are eight propagators in it. Was this supposed to happen? Did someone name the ship Ragnarok because of what will happen in the future?
    I remember Future Esthar post something similar like this and ESPECIALLY the BOLDED part like two or even three years ago when I am still Unknowns! WTF.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Serapy is just posting a theory like I and many others have done before.
    Except, you know, theories require some sort of evidence to support it, and a majority of the theories that pop up in the FFVIII forum are based on a lack of evidence.
    The word "evidence" is a give and take here, I know this because I am making/have made some theories myself and I have often interpetted things as evidence when it later turns out not to be (so I put it in DH) and there are a few old theories of mine that have been proven false, but the "evidence" still works for me, even though I know it's not vallid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Twisting evidence to support your wild imaginings does not a theory make. If you actually managed to show a logical connection from one point to the next in your arguments, I might consider you as something more than an amusing read (in the way that I find crackpot conspiracy theorists amusing).
    Edit: Just because a theory is not absolute proven fact does not mean you can classify any interpretation of an image or statement you might have as a "theory."
    That's sort of my point, Serapy obviously looked at something differently and inteperetted it more than we did. It maybe false it maybe completly correct, (I still need to study that section) but this is how it was done. It is like my old theories that still have yet to be posted. They had "evidence", but it was MY evidence, and just how I saw it. For instance I took the music as hints, but it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals View Post

This comment was not directed to be mean to Seraphy, although I did say it in a mean way. From my comment, I meant to tell people who disagreed with him to not attack him, and only let this thread die, unless of course they had something of reason to say. Also, I believe trolling is anything that was made for the purpose of getting an immediate negative response. I guess it would be hard for someone not in my mind to follow my train of thought, however

Of course, my comment would have been nicer if I saw merit within the theory that I read. Talking of the cube thing, I see it as a study of human behavior, not at all related to FF8, but instead to people in general. Also, I don't see how friendship alone will keep them together through time compression.

As for the propagators, 2 is a very common number. I do believe the designers of the game were trying to make a point with them about how Squall and Rinoa will help eachother, but it stops there. Ragnorak is a name already used in the series. There is no proof that the ship went faster than the speed of light(as far as I know). Time compression has not happened yet.

These last 2 paragraphs are what I originally was going to write, just shooting down his ideas one by one, but I figured that would be a negative, unneeded response, hence my current post.
    I understand, I apologise and I will get back to the rest of your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I remember Future Esthar post something similar like this and ESPECIALLY the BOLDED part like two or even three years ago when I am still Unknowns! WTF.
    Have to check on that - probably a coincidence though.

There's something strange about these propagators.

In Disk 1, Ultimecia summons two lion-alike with the intention of killing Rinoa, this was the exact moment when Squall acknowledges the fact that Rinoa is in danger.

But this time, it's the opposite. Squall saved Rinoa from the space and acknowledged that she's no longer in danger. Yet, they have faced these propagators in the Ragnarok.

How can the propagators survive in an abandoned ship? Where do they come from? How do they eat? I don't think they eat machine parts to survive. The Ragnarok looks pretty heathly.
    One thing for sure is that they didn't jump in to the Ragnarok from the infested Moon. Even if they did, what would be their purpose for doing so? Destiny? Destined to kill Squall / Rinoa when they come over?

These monsters appear on screen (nothing to do with game-play), so they have to be important.

It's funny that the definition of propagator has to do with time...

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    It's funny that the definition of propagator has to do with time...
    Thanks for confirming the theroy!

Encountering the propagators on the field map does not indicate greater plot significance. More than likely, this is due to simply game play mechanics. Fighting enemies which much be defeated in pairs via random encounters would complicate the process unnecessarily.
    These are half plot and game play related. You see the characters talking and reacting to these Propagators before the battles.

The monsters appearing on screen has EVERYTHING to do with gameplay. YOU HAVE TO DEFEAT THEM IN COLOR MATCHED PAIRS to progress the plot. If they just appeared randomly, it would be entirely random as to whether or not you eve got out of that sequence.

But you can't control the characters when they interact with the Proggas, so that's gotta be part of plot

But you can't control the characters when they interact with the Proggas, so that's gotta be part of plot
    Yes, the characters fighting the propagators IS part of the plot. They fight the propagators to clear the Ragnarok for their own use. That's IT. There's nothing more to it.

Monsters came to Earth from the infested Moon (LUNAR CORPORATION.) None of these monsters look like the Propagators.
    And consider how these Propagators came to the Ragnarok. They can't just fly from the Moon over there in space alone... When the monsters were travelling to Earth, they were inside some sort of blue ice-cream, I guess for breathing gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    Yes, the characters fighting the propagators IS part of the plot. They fight the propagators to clear the Ragnarok for their own use. That's IT. There's nothing more to it.
    Thanks, I was wondering where he got this from. My memory of FFVIII is fuzzy.