3. You may not vote on this poll
  • RINOA

0 0%
  • ADEL

3 100.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SEALING RINOA or SEALING ADEL?

Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals View Post
    How is floor an informal word? What other common word can you think of to mean floor?
    Platform ...

And how does elevator platform and reduce and stop mean anything at all?
    STOP, FLOOR and REDUCE are all in-formal words. Platform is usually formal.

Consider:

STOP has 4 letters.
    FLOOR has 5 letters.
    REDUCE has 6 letters.

Actually, this is probably a coincidence, but who knows?

Blog Entries

Platform is not a word used for a floor of a house, or any other building. Platform would be floor in the literal sense, meaning the ground you stand on. Lern to gramar.

platform noun (STRUCTURE)
    /ˈplæt.fɔːm/US pronunciation symbol/-fɔːrm/ n

[C] a flat raised area or structure

Please keep on topic, don't turn this into a English thread. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post

No

I don't know where you got that definition, but it is wrong. Dictionary.com, which I believe we can call a good, accurate definition site, says...

1. a horizontal surface or structure with a horizontal surface raised above the level of the surrounding area.
    2. a raised flooring or other horizontal surface, such as, in a hall or meeting place, a stage for use by public speakers, performers, etc.
    3. the raised area between or alongside the tracks of a railroad station, from which the cars of the train are entered.
    4. the open entrance area, or the vestibule, at the end of a railroad passenger car.
    5. a landing in a flight of stairs.

Although you could argue that a higher floor is indeed a platform, it does not make logical sense. If your area where your poit of view resisde is walled off, you can think of it as its own area, meaning it is not a platform.

Wow, you do really like making off-topic posts!

Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals

No

I don't know where you got that definition, but it is wrong. Dictionary.com, which I believe we can call a good, accurate definition site, says...
    platform - Definition of platform noun (STRUCTURE) from Cambridge Dictionary Online: Free English Dictionary and Thesaurus

You're saying that Cambridge University (the second best University in the UK) is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals
    Although you could argue that a higher floor is indeed a platform, it does not make logical sense. If your area where your poit of view resisde is walled off, you can think of it as its own area, meaning it is not a platform.
    Whatever, man. I hope from now on, don't make any more off-topic posts. Thanks!

P.S Funny how your previous posts included a different version of English. Now your English is a bit different. LOL!

You're saying that Cambridge University (the second best University in the UK) is wrong?
    You really, really don't want me to answer this, do you?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Just remember that British English and American English are a bit different.

If I must.:rolleyes2:

Are you British, Serapy?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Not fully. I'm half British and Finnish.

Blog Entries

I am not saying it is wrong, only incomplete. The way this definition will relate back to the original topic is through one of my previous posts, although we can not be sure, what it really means, it quite obviously, to me at least, does not say Rinoa. Once again, my anger stems from my misunderstanding of your writing style, and I am sorry.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I love looking at these threads. :freak:

Str8 Pimpin'