Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    Seriously, its called design.
    Big scary final dungeon showing dispair and darkness, hence the sun isnt very bright.
    Solved.
    You can only see the Star for like two seconds. I doubt many players have seen or paid attention to it. Therefore, there's no good reason for the developers just to make the star look that dark so that players can feel the colour of Ultimecia.
    It's absolutely a good reason. Remember, in PSOne Final Fantasies, most backgrounds are drawn/painted by artists and then the images are imported into the game to use as backgrounds. The artist was given the task to create a mood for the background and they did that.

It's just a simple prop, no special meaning or inference. I know you really want to find more meaning and secrets, but there are none here. Sorry.
    Figaro Castle

Everything inside Ultimecia's castle obviously represented the darkness version of Ultimecia. I mean, Ultimecia lacks her backstory in VIII, so why not add something new to make her place valuable? Of course, if her castle looked exactly the same as some regular building from the present era (Squall and Co.), then that would be even worse!

But the star doesn't exist inside Ultimecia's castle as it actually exists outside. There's proof: the Moon outside of her castle looks exactly the same as the Moon from the present era.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think you're trying to hard to create theories where there is little credible evidence. Why is it so hard to believe that the sun is red for artistic reasons and has no tie-in to the game's plot?
    Figaro Castle

Well, if this was millions of years into the future, then it could be plot related and further proves that R cannot be U I doubt one human being can survive millions of years, let alone with the aid of the effects from Sorceress Memorial.

Matron and Dr. Odine doesn't specifically tell the player the exact date of what Ultimecia's time may be. Now, why is that? Does it possibly mean that they do not know for sure?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This thread is about R=U? I thought it's about some star having period problem or something?

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    This thread is about R=U? I thought it's about some star having period problem or something?
    It's an FFVIII thread - "R=U" is (unfortunatly) going to be mentioned at least once.

No, this isn't about R=U.

Can Moons die? Do they last longer than Stars?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

No, this isn't about R=U.
    Then I guess it's about period star.
    Figaro Castle

Does anybody know that a moon can last longer than a red star?
    If a moon can last longer than a red star, then that will explain why the moon at the ending (at Ultimecia's castle) looks still the same.

I have two words for this theory- Atmospheric discoloration.

The sun AND the moon can appear red TODAY based on this affect. There's nothing phenomenologically special about this effect.

There's never been a time that any spot of red was seen on the Moon at Ultimecia's era. I tried looking for red spots and they aren't there...

Which changes anything about Atmospheric discoloration adequately explaining the redness of both moon or sun... how?

You need to look at it harder, my friend.

Look harder at what? I see Clouds, which are EXCELLENT at causing the sun to appear red at sunrise and at sunset, and the moon as well at certain times of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    Look harder at what? I see Clouds, which are EXCELLENT at causing the sun to appear red at sunrise and at sunset, and the moon as well at certain times of year.
    Ultimecia's castle is definitely not on Earth. Somewhere in the upper sky...

Could there be HELL on the ground (Earth) ? Could that be the reflection of the Star turning red?