Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under Ultimecia's throne room?

Default Under Ultimecia's throne room?

Ok, have a look at this picture:

Squall on a desert island. Look at the sky. And why is it green-ish?

Hold onto that thought and look at this image:

On the ground, it's green-ish. Where does that come from? Lifestream? Did Squall being on a desert island take place UNDER the throne room? Is that where JME was also held?

Maybe this is like an evil version of Lifestream ...

OH NOES SIMILAR COLORS MUST MEAN THEYRE CONNECTED LIKE A BLUE SHIRT IS PART OF THE SKY ZOMG IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

ps - in case you didnt get the memo the Lifestream doesnt exist in VIII

I'd appreciate it if you would stop spamming and being sarcastic, thanks.

As for the Lifestream being not existent in VIII - I'm aware of that, I gave it a Lifestream name because it's quite identical to the one in VII. What kind of name would suit the green thing better, then?

Look at it this way: being lost in time would qualify a darker atmosphere, which includes a desert island; brown-ish dirt on it, such an island out of no where. The sky being green-ish does not fit that atmosphere.

Also, the sky randomly changes from Green to Grey. That's pretty inconsistent, if you ask me. Perhaps, this is the effect of something that's undergoing the reserve process. But I don't know what is it, yet.

What does anybody else think?

My opinion is it's just how Square Enix designed the sky without any thought to it. I don't think Square Enix puts layers and layers of depth into a game. I know for a fact they didn't do this with Final Fantasy VIII.

I think there's symbolism in the fact that in FFIX Dagger tries to disguise herself with white mage apparel and it turns out she can cast white mage, but there's nothing beyond.

There's nothing to the sky that's how the sky has become during the battle, could be time compression, could bejust because Ultimecia rules the world, it's nothing to lose sleep over.

Blog Entries

I believe I must once again tell you about the concept of atmosphere. A greenish, odd, dark sky is more ominous and creepy and interesting than a bright blue sky. The castle is supposed to be a dark, creepy, ominous place.

That's the atmosphere for Ultimecia. But this island-isolation is supposed to have a different atmosphere since it's part of Squall. The sky was grey at some point, then it turned green-ish. I don't think green is the right colour to express Squall's conscience. However, if the green colour came from Ultimecia's castle, it would make sense.

Also, look at this:

Same colour.

Is this some sort of power source?

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Is this some sort of power source?
    Yes.

But these games weren't made for science fiction fans; in other words, there's really no explanation. They never even explain how Squall's gunblade works, and you use it through the entire game.

I'm sure you've heard of the Ultimecia theory (of course; you're posting this question), so let me post a new idea: maybe, the colors are symbolic, not literal. Maybe it's an expression of Ultimecia's pain (or, maybe Squall's?). Or her disgust.

Or, it just looks cool.

That wasn't meant to be mocking. If anyone can do something to look cool and then later give a plausible argument for it, it's Square Enix.
    俺は人間なのか?

I'm puzzled as to how Time Decompression used this power source to initialize the necessary procedures. Or it's just that Ultimecia's castle ended up in the process of becoming destroyed and hence the Green light somehow appearing right in front of Squall's eyes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barraza View Post
    Or, it just looks cool.
    This. The color is used because it is the best color to be used. What you are saying here is like saying Da Vinci and Picasso must be the same people because they both used the color blue.

I'm puzzled as to how Time Decompression used this power source to initialize the necessary procedures. Or it's just that Ultimecia's castle ended up in the process of becoming destroyed and hence the Green light somehow appearing right in front of Squall's eyes.
    It's neither.

It's symbolic for the player to view the entirety of what Squall and his friends achieved.

Also, the Time Decompression drew magic from Ultimecia right before she was offed in order to power it.
    俺は人間なのか?

Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals
    This. The color is used because it is the best color to be used.
    This Green colour is used because it's the best colour? Ok. That doesn't make sense.... people have different taste in colours, you know >_>

What you are saying here is like saying Da Vinci and Picasso must be the same people because they both used the color blue.
    Now, that's unrelated (according to your standard) :rolleyes2:rolleyes2

There's a reason why I never asked about why Rinoa has the same colour as Fujin in clothes because that is too far obvious.

There is this green light in the game (Ultimecia's castle, Squall's sky, the ring of GG, and possbily more) so it wouldn't hurt to question it.

You forgot that the crystal that makes up the interior of the Lunatic Pandora is pretty much the same shade as well.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

This. The color is used because it is the best color to be used.
    This Green colour is used because it's the best colour? Ok. That doesn't make sense.... people have different taste in colours, you know >_>
    Yes, but it is purely based on what the designers felt. The designer made the game, and if they felt something went best somewhere, they put it there.

What you are saying here is like saying Da Vinci and Picasso must be the same people because they both used the color blue.
    Now, that's unrelated (according to your standard) :rolleyes2:rolleyes2

There's a reason why I never asked about why Rinoa has the same colour as Fujin in clothes because that is too far obvious.

There is this green light in the game (Ultimecia's castle, Squall's sky, the ring of GG, and possbily more) so it wouldn't hurt to question it.
    Yes, quite unrelated...

And I have finally realized the reason why you anger me. In your way of "questioning", it seems to me that you are stating your opinions as fact. I am sorry, this is merely a misunderstanding of your writing style.

I still dont get the random concept of "if its green it must be related" in this thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    I still dont get the random concept of "if its green it must be related" in this thread.
    There is nothing I can see that makes any sense at all in this, or any of his threads.