Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Frontsite News Survey

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Frontsite News Survey

Simple question: do you read the frontsite news articles?

If so, do you have any criticisms, complaints, or suggestions as to how the news could be handled?
    If not, why not? Do you have any of the above anyways?

Don't be afraid to say exactly what is on your mind, or what your opinion is about the news. This is an honest request for assistance. Don't sugarcoat it; I'm not going to be insulted. Do be warned, however, that if your post is off topic, it may or may not exist after you post it.

No. I don't come here for final fantasy information and haven't for a while.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I did post my opinion before and you snipped at me. :rolleyes2

Front site is boring. The news articles don't pop. They give me no reason to stay and read them, instead I just skip and head to the forums.

I suggested pictures earlier but I think you need more than just that. Something worth attention. You can make a news article but that doesn't mean people are going to read it. You need to give them a reason to read it.

Do something that would make us forum goers look at the front site. Something to connect the two. Those people who are coming through aren't going to really pay attention to it either. It just seems like the information in the front of a book. You never read who produced it and what copyright it has you just skip to the good stuff.

Maybe at least change the layout so the news articles seem more eye catching.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm just not that into news about Final Fantasy anymore, especially not now that they seem to spend ages between each numbered installment, which would be the only FF's I'd be interested in learning more about anyway. Right now I get my FF fix covered by other gaming sites that also cover many other genres.

Basically, I don't think there's a problem with the news on the front site, I just think there's less demand these days for a site that only focuses on one series, especially with GameFAQs hogging all the people who are stuck, and major gaming news sites hogging everyone who wants to see the latest news & trailers.

I always go straight to the forums, so to answer your question I don't read the front page news.

I agree with Lekana that the front page needs to be connected with the forums - maybe with some sort of link at the forum index or something.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I only read the articles for the comments the news team make. The news doesn't always interest me, but reading what you guys have to say about the news is entertaining!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

I personally do not read it due to that extremely unsightly ad that smacks right at the top of the news section. The news doesnt catch my eye as it is pushed down the page by the ad and unless i actively scroll down to look for news im not going to see any eye catching attempts you make.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    I always go straight to the forums, so to answer your question I don't read the front page news.

I agree with Lekana that the front page needs to be connected with the forums - maybe with some sort of link at the forum index or something.

How about moving the ad that is blocking the banner somewhere and move the title to the center so that it will be easier to be seen at first sight?

Blog Entries

I stopped giving a toss about FF news after XII was released. In fact, those screenshots are probably the first I've seen of the frontsite in around a year :chef: Leona Lewis? What the hell?

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post

[/CENTER]
    Yes, like that but the other way around. With a link in the forums that show the latest news on the front site.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I know that's there, Christmas :P

I mean some links in the forum index somewhere with the latest news topics from the front page. Similar to what's on the front page with the latest threads made in the forum.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well I was meaning something like possibly events being announced on the frontsite for the forums. And things on the forums being announced on the front site. That way we have to check them

Really I think the layout just needs to be pumped up.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Well I was meaning something like possibly events being announced on the frontsite for the forums. And things on the forums being announced on the front site. That way we have to check them

Really I think the layout just needs to be pumped up.
    OMG, yes that is exactly what needs to be done, so we can also discuss the news on the forums and have certain forum events announced on the front site. As of now, there is no way we can comment about the news. It would be great if we could do that.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

So far I just think it's not eye-pleasing enough.