Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Frontsite News Survey

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Every idea for the frontsite more or less hinges on a hack or the owners approving it. Problem is, I'm not a business major, and I can't generate revenue values for internet viewing. Any argument most of us could make would be qualitative, not quantitative. In which case, we just plain need a lot of people to start freaking out and getting pissed off.

Why, that's right up my alley.
    I think you have an even lower opinion of the ownership than they actually deserve. If you email them, they reply. If you say "I think blogs on the frontsite, created via the forums, would generate more interest in the site", they'll probably be more than a little interested. I can't actually think of many ideas that we actually bothered to ask them that they didn't go along with. They will listen if you're willing to take the time to communicate with them directly. They just don't look at the threads and might say no. But in my personal experiences, they haven't been assholes about it at all. Ever!

Of course, maybe we should have someone aside from yourself be the one to get in touch with them... >_>;
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Every idea for the frontsite more or less hinges on a hack or the owners approving it. Problem is, I'm not a business major, and I can't generate revenue values for internet viewing. Any argument most of us could make would be qualitative, not quantitative. In which case, we just plain need a lot of people to start freaking out and getting pissed off.

Why, that's right up my alley.
    I think you have an even lower opinion of the ownership than they actually deserve. If you email them, they reply. If you say "I think blogs on the frontsite, created via the forums, would generate more interest in the site", they'll probably be more than a little interested. I can't actually think of many ideas that we actually bothered to ask them that they didn't go along with. They will listen if you're willing to take the time to communicate with them directly. They just don't look at the threads and might say no. But in my personal experiences, they haven't been assholes about it at all. Ever!

Of course, maybe we should have someone aside from yourself be the one to get in touch with them... >_>;
    Sounds like a volunteer.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Sounds like a volunteer.
    Mind reader.

If you've had good experiences with them, BoB, and they've actually responded to you, then why should I be the one to contact them now? While I can't say that they're assholes, that is mostly because they don't respond to me at all, thus eliminating any opportunity for an experience whatsoever. I, unlike you, have no inherent authority because I am merely a regular Staff member. I can't be blamed for only being able to judge based on my experiences, can I? If you think that they're a delightful romp, I'm sure I would change my mind if I were able to share in that experience with you, but no such event has occurred.

Furthermore, you were one of the people who had administrative authority at OMGMG. Therefore, your opinion and experience managing that site is more valuable than the theoretical source of activity that I could offer them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I wasn't aware you'd tried to contact them. Have you ever emailed them when you tried to contact them, or did you just PM them? I don't think they have email alerts set up, and if they do, I don't think they're going to their inboxes.

I've already said earlier that it's more of a forums staff thing (regarding the blogs) for now, anyway, so I'm just waiting on the go-ahead from my comrades in that forum before making any request. I've never suggested you should contact them, in fact, I think I suggested otherwise. But anyone on SS who has a habit for being tactful and polite would be an excellent candidate to email them regarding any queries they might have regarding the frontsite.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I have never tried PMs. This is because they don't appear to log in, ever. Well, not that they would need to other than to make sure we haven't attempted to electronically explode the site.

I can be polite and tactful. I just don't see the point in doing so around people that will automatically assume that anything I say is malicious. If you redirected them (the owners) to me, I'm sure that at the very least, they would understand the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Not for me, or it could be I don't notice a 30 ms delay.
    Yes, but not everyone has a high speed connection, even if I would like to assume so, I have to care about the people with 56k modems. It was somewhat longer for me when I load it, but I'm always running a torrent or such.

Those, sad, poor, unfortunate people.
    Last edited by Tavrobel; 11-25-2009 at 05:59 PM.