View Poll Results: Who is Cloud's love interest?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tifa

55 59.78%
  • Aerith

25 27.17%
  • I'm undecided

12 13.04%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Let's discuss Cloud's main love interest: Aerith or Tifa

i never understood where people get "they slept in seperate beds in AC" from, considering the only time they show them sleeping or in beds is after Cloud passes out after finding Tiffa in the church, when they wake in the kids room with Reno & Rude hovering by the door, whereas in Case of Tiffa it implies they share a bed...

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    i never understood where people get "they slept in seperate beds in AC" from, considering the only time they show them sleeping or in beds is after Cloud passes out after finding Tiffa in the church, when they wake in the kids room with Reno & Rude hovering by the door, whereas in Case of Tiffa it implies they share a bed...

In Case of Tifa,when Cloud is drinking and Tifa asks if she could join him,he says he wants to drink alone and she says "Then drink in your room."
    I think that means they have separate bedrooms.

or does she mean his office?.. that one room that's all his where he conducts business from...

Fairly certain she means his office.

Oh and the "Do you love me" scene is incredibly creepy if they aren't sharing a bed. What? Tifa just walks into her roomates room in the middle of the night and says "LOL do you love me? " what is that?
    "In FFVII fandom, love triangle debates are considered especially heinous. In this fandom, the dedicated Clotis and Cleriths who engage in these vicious debates are members of an elite forum known as the The Forgotten City.
    These are their stories."

Yeah,it could be.
    Even better =P

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    or does she mean his office?.. that one room that's all his where he conducts business from...

But in that room when it shows in AC,we can see a bed
    But one thing that really bothers is that,if they had a relationship,as in,a romantic relationship,even having a sexual one...wouldn't be pretty obvious in Case of Tifa? They would mention of kissing or touching each other,even more so because they are sharing a house...but there's none of that.It really bothers me.

line_genrou, please use the edit function to add to your earlier post rather than post several times in a row. Thanks! -Rantzien

As much as i love CloudXTifa, there relationship in the compilation regardless of what it is seems really cold.
    His bond with her was warmer in the game, but with Aeris it feels like there is more love there (even friend love or whatever)
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

i wouldn't say their relationship is cold as much as it's just not all up in your face... being married for six years now i can honestly say i feel there is nothing abnormal about how they act around each other in the compilation... usualy around the two year mark is when all the lovie-dovieness starts to wear out completely... and AC is only two years after meteorfall add to that the complications of a dying child, a sense of helplesness and the knowledge that he's dying and there's nothing he can do to help himself or anyone else, and yeah i can understand that they're not up in everyones face about it, they've got other things to worry about...

as for the bed in his office, i used to have a bed in my office at home for day naps and such, there's nothing odd about it at all...

yeah you are right. I do like that more realistic edge to the relationship.

I think my problem is not with Cloud and Tifa's relationship specifically, but rather with the compilation its self.

The original game, while it had dark and very sad moments, it still managed to never seem dreary. but i feel the comilation went to far the other way, especially AC, there were bits where i was just flat out bored and just bummed out.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

I thought I'd post this here for those of you who might be interested. I've been working on Japanese lately and I've gotten to a point where I can translate stuff to a legible degree. BUT I am still learning, and I make mistakes... I can get the gist of something across but... well that's where I'm at.

However, I did stumble across some interesting facts while translating the U20 profiles.

Aerith's first love, a young first class SOLDIER named Zack, went missing 5 years ago. He was Cloud's best friend and the person who largely affected Cloud's behavior. Aerith doesn't know the two of them were best friends. Aerith sees Zack's behavior in Cloud, and that's why she's interested in him.
    Here's the Japanese text if someone wants to check my work:
    エアリスの初恋の相手は、5年前に消息を絶ったソルジャー・クラス1stの青年ザックスだ。彼はクラウドの親友でもあり、クラウドの行動に大きな影響を与えた人物。エアリスはふたりが親友同士ということは知らなか ったが、クラウドのしぐさのなかにザックスを見いだし、クラウドに興味を抱く
    And now the real kicker, the one people have been debating about for years. I actually debated on the losing end of this one. Was Aerith in denial over Zack's death? The U20 profile gives us this answer:

At the time this story begins, Zack is already dead, but Aerith does not perceive this truth.
    Again Japanese text:
    物語の開始時点においてザックスはすでに故人なのだが, エアリスはその事実を知らない
    This word here: 知 (chi) means perceive, comprehend or know. It can also just mean knowledge but that doesn't fit the sentence.

Now it's possible it's saying she doesn't KNOW this truth, but the way the statement is worded, it sounds like it's saying she can't see or understand the truth. In other words, I'm fairly certain this is saying she was in denial. Although I'm not sure I should be making a judgment like that, so if any Japanese speakers here want to take a look, that's cool.

Thoughts?
    "In FFVII fandom, love triangle debates are considered especially heinous. In this fandom, the dedicated Clotis and Cleriths who engage in these vicious debates are members of an elite forum known as the The Forgotten City.

smurf you Ryu I was gonna post it

Quote Originally Posted by Shishikabob View Post
    smurf you Ryu I was gonna post it
    Ryu wrote it, he gets the honor of settling it in the forums.

Great job, Ryu.

Has anyone posted this at a dedicated Clerith site yet? I would so want to see the reaction.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Cloud and Tifa are just close friends. Cloud would screw Yuffie given the chance, but he doesn't love her. Aerith was more like a mom or a big sister. Cloud's real love interest was Zack. Why else do you think he took on Zack's memories and mission?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Has anyone posted this at a dedicated Clerith site yet? I would so want to see the reaction.
    They know of it, they're just kind of figuring out what to make of it right now.