View Poll Results: Who is Cloud's love interest?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tifa

55 59.78%
  • Aerith

25 27.17%
  • I'm undecided

12 13.04%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's discuss Cloud's main love interest: Aerith or Tifa

"you must spread some reputation around before giving it to Loony Bob again"
    dammit

but good post, I completely agree, I hate how Cloud missing Aerith or feeling guilty about her death must automatically mean he loves her romantically. Yet the feelings Tifa and Cloud shared for one another must be friendship... whatever.

EDIT:
    BTW I'm not saying disc 1 doesn't matter, I was just trying to say it's all optional and there's no evidence that he likes Aerith romantically that isn't optional... unless I'm wrong, correct me if I'm wrong..

EDIT2:

However, I can understand how people can say that Cloud would have actually gone for the one which was more willing to jump into bed with him at the time, and for them, maybe Aeris was the love interest while she was still alive
    And I'm saying I can't, but I'm a bitch like that
    "In FFVII fandom, love triangle debates are considered especially heinous. In this fandom, the dedicated Clotis and Cleriths who engage in these vicious debates are members of an elite forum known as the The Forgotten City.
    These are their stories."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I would agree that there is nothing to strongly suggest he likes Aeris romantically that is not optional. It's been a long time since I've played the game, though.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

BTW I was speaking solely on facts above... personally, I have always thought that Aerith and Cloud, at the very least had good chemistry. I've often even argued on forums that they did have feelings for another, (puppy love anyway) and TBH it seems obvious to me XD but I've never been able to prove it, so really that's interpretation, and even though I agree there's no evidence.. it's just something I always felt.
    "In FFVII fandom, love triangle debates are considered especially heinous. In this fandom, the dedicated Clotis and Cleriths who engage in these vicious debates are members of an elite forum known as the The Forgotten City.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Soldier boys are known to like cheap bimbos, yes. Mwahaha, I've not insulted Aeris this much in a while. Good times.

Wasn't Tifa added in as an after thought? when they decided to kill Aeris? that might be speculative or flat out wrong but I always saw Tifa as the secondary love interest, but who steps up to main love interest when Aeris dies.
    Plus Cait Sith said Cloud and Aeris were more compatable or something, why bother putting that in if Aeris wasn't the main love interest?

I dunno, this is a question that can't be answered. I'm resigned to thinking its just "complicated" like love in genereal
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Am I the only one that thinks Cloud want both of them like every normal guy that went through puberty?
    Last edited by Christmas; 11-20-2009 at 02:39 AM.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Soldier boys are known to like cheap bimbos, yes. Mwahaha, I've not insulted Aeris this much in a while. Good times.
    Haha, reminds me of that FF7 character poll where we both worked hard to sabotage Aeris.

Though I did not take it to the degree of actually celebrating her death.

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    Wasn't Tifa added in as an after thought?
    No.

when they decided to kill Aeris? that might be speculative or flat out wrong but I always saw Tifa as the secondary love interest, but who steps up to main love interest when Aeris dies.
    Even if Tifa was made exactly when they decided to kill Aerith, this decision happened long before the story as we know it existed. Tifa was the fifth character or so designed, after original design Cloud, Barrett, and Aerith as she was.
    That said, that idea actually hurts the C/A cause, because when they decided it was to be Aerith who died, they changed her role and gave it to Tifa. So if she was the Alpha in the beginning of development, that role was given to Tifa.

Plus Cait Sith said Cloud and Aeris were more compatable or something, why bother putting that in if Aeris wasn't the main love interest?
    To act as a red herring before SHE DIES. Cait Sith is called an unreliable fortune teller by the people who made the game.

I dunno, this is a question that can't be answered. I'm resigned to thinking its just "complicated" like love in genereal :D
    It's actually an incredibly straightforward example of romance, literary-ly speaking.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Though I did not take it to the degree of actually celebrating her death.
    By 'celebrating' I mean saying something like "Woohoo!" or "Yes!" when she got whacked.

Wasn't Tifa added in as an after thought? when they decided to kill Aeris? that might be speculative or flat out wrong but I always saw Tifa as the secondary love interest, but who steps up to main love interest when Aeris dies.
    If we're going to go down that route then let me tell you that originally Cloud and Tifa were going to have sex under the highwind, with no mistake for "Maybe they just talked." or anything. Originally, they were going to go into a Chocobo stable, and come out the next morning and Cloud was going to look around nervously or something to that effect.

Ahhh Okay just to be clear, I don't give a damn about who Cloud really loves or whatever, its fictional and this argument will rage on as long as people play this game. I think no matter what its always going to come to personal preference and personal interpretation.
    There was romance between Cloud and Aeris, but overall its Cloud and Tifa at the end game.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

I'm just curious, this romance, where is it? What romance can you have when the guy is completely oblivious of your intentions?

Well maybe he (she?) meant there was romance from Aerith

(She)

Oh i dunno, he's flirty or whatever.
    TBH i haven't played this game in like 5 years and i certainly never gave it that much thought. *shrugs* But its popular innit, with the masses, I mean it didn't pop out of no where did it.
    Remember that well.

I replayed through this whole game about 3-4 weeks ago and I really didnt see too much stuff to say Aeris was the main love interest. Pretty much everything in the game pointed to Tifa.