View Poll Results: Who is Cloud's love interest?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tifa

55 59.78%
  • Aerith

25 27.17%
  • I'm undecided

12 13.04%
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Let's discuss Cloud's main love interest: Aerith or Tifa

Red XIII. Real reason he saved Aerith from being shagged by our friend in heat was because he envied her position.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I take that back. The 20th Ultimania now states that Cloud actually matches his feelings with Tifa's feelings (love) before the last boss battle.

So, it was Tifa who he truly loved.

Well so, it is then now presently time to quickly eventually stop, end, and close this irrelevent thread, yes-no?

Some people are still in denial about it
    "In FFVII fandom, love triangle debates are considered especially heinous. In this fandom, the dedicated Clotis and Cleriths who engage in these vicious debates are members of an elite forum known as the The Forgotten City.
    These are their stories."

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Has anyone entertained the notion he loved them both? Or the chance that the death of Aeris whom he loved (either in a romantic or platonic way) would have shaken him so severely he couldn't/wouldn't love anyone ever again?

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I think he hated them both and was stringing them along for his own selfish ambitions.
    Figaro Castle

I still don't see any hinting through the whole game that he prefers Aeris unless you choose it and ignore everyone else, but several sequences throughout the entire game show how Cloud and Tifa have always loved and been looking out for one another.

People like to think it's Aerith just because of the drama.
    The girl that the guy loved died!
    Something like Romeo and Juliet,tragic like that.

People love drama.

There's drama all over the place in the game, but I don't see how that makes the relationship anything else other than what it was.

Friend or potential love interest, she has a massive impact on his life. I just want to believe he loved both because it makes the story more....realistic (not the best word for it but you know). In life you never just love one person and thats it. You love many people and suffer heartbreak and you grow from it.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Of course he loved both. But he never had a chance to let his love for Aerith really grow and in the lifestream he realized he was meant to be with Tifa. That's all there is to it really.
    "In FFVII fandom, love triangle debates are considered especially heinous. In this fandom, the dedicated Clotis and Cleriths who engage in these vicious debates are members of an elite forum known as the The Forgotten City.
    These are their stories."

Quote Originally Posted by Shishikabob View Post
    Of course he loved both. But he never had a chance to let his love for Aerith really grow and in the lifestream he realized he was meant to be with Tifa. That's all there is to it really.
    Yeah thats it, nicely put.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRelena View Post
    Anyway, on topic... Most Claeris are nitoreous for having delusional and irrational arguments with little evidence whatsoever. Here are a list of arguments that I feel are sure to come since the latest news

"I refuse to believe any translations made by fans and will only acknowledge it if SE America translates it."
    Been done. ShroudedG.

"Cloud was in love with Aeris and it was only when he got his memories back that he loved Tifa."
    Have not seen. Admitting he loved Tifa, period, not high on their priority list.

"If Aeris hadn't died, she would have been with Cloud to help get his memories back and he would have been in love with her, not Tifa.
    Been made before.

"By the time Advent Children comes around he has fallen out of love with Tifa and realized that Aeris was his true love. That's why he goes to her flower fields at the end of the movie."
    Variations of this have been made time and again.

"That's okay because Cloud will end up with Aeris in Kingdom Hearts. The light Tifa gave Cloud was only 'her' light and not 'his light.' That's why it hurt him when she first tried to give it to him. She's also a stalker that he's trying to run away from like the creators said."[/COLOR]
    Been done.

These are just a few of the feeble attempts that could be made by die-hard Claeris fans.
    Have.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishikabob View Post
    lol what? I'm a member of CxA forums and I've never heard any Cleriths say any of these... yes they have some ... creative ideas but none of these are even close to what they say. None of them believe Cloud loved Tifa at any time for starters.
    All the others have been said, however, Quex. You've seen them.

And the first one is a valid concern since each side thinks the other side has bias translators.
    Which is why one side is open with their sources and provides the japanese and the methodology, and the other side is still paranoid and doesn't like it.

The last one is kind of true but I've yet to see a Clerith say that it's "okay" if Cloud and Tifa fall in love in FFVII because of KH.
    She's saying they'll say 'KH shows us the truth and Aerith is his light!' which they have done.

My question is simply this.

Why does anyone care?