View Poll Results: Who is Cloud's love interest?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tifa

55 59.78%
  • Aerith

25 27.17%
  • I'm undecided

12 13.04%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Let's discuss Cloud's main love interest: Aerith or Tifa

As much as I agree with all the evidence you presented on Cloud and Tifa's relationship, there are some quotes in the list that seem to be leaning toward Cloud x Aeris.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishikabob View Post
    If Tifa's affection regarding Cloud is high, when the two stay behind at the airship, they will confirm their matching feelings of desire/wanting to one another. This line is said by Tifa at the conversation's end. Immediately after saying it, Tifa forms a striking smile that summarizes everything."
    This makes it sound like Cloud's feelings only match because Tifa's affection is high. Meaning that Cloud only loves her if the player does; not because it's part of the game story.

“Case of Tifa … first, there’s the premise that things aren’t going well between Tifa and Cloud, and that even without Geostigma and Sephiroth, it would still be the same. I don’t mean to get into my views on romantic love, marriage and family. (laughs) After ACC, maybe Denzel and Marlene can get them to. Perhaps things would have gone well with Aerith, but Aerith’s responsibility is big, I think.”
    And this makes it sound like Cloud would have been better off and better matched if he had ended up with Aeris instead of Tifa.

I hate to play devil's advocate because I really can't stand Aeris as a character, but you can see how I have my doubts.

And this makes it sound like Cloud would have been better off and better matched if he had ended up with Aeris instead of Tifa.
    I'm only going to be a bitch because I'm sick of hearing this. What part of maybe don't you get?
    "In FFVII fandom, love triangle debates are considered especially heinous. In this fandom, the dedicated Clotis and Cleriths who engage in these vicious debates are members of an elite forum known as the The Forgotten City.
    These are their stories."

LR- Several other times, it is said that Cloud and Tifa confirm their matching feelings. No conditional statements involved. An 'if/then' statement is no match for a 'then' statement. Feelings were confirmed. That they only happen in one version means that version happened, not that an 'if' means we can't be sure.

On the other hand, it strikes me as off you focus on an If when numerous other events render it moot, but ignore a 'perhaps' that actually introduces ambiguity into the statement.

Be that as is may, LR, Even if it would have gone better with Aerith, he's with Tifa. LTD over.

BOTH

Based on what?
    "In FFVII fandom, love triangle debates are considered especially heinous. In this fandom, the dedicated Clotis and Cleriths who engage in these vicious debates are members of an elite forum known as the The Forgotten City.

I say Tifa. She is the one that Cloud actually has some background with. I mean, he has known Tifa since his childhood. I think of Cloud loving Aeris the same as him thinking he is a first class Soldier, it's a memory of Zack's that he inherited. He isn't in love with Aeris, it's his inner-Zack coming out, so to say.

Cloud didn't inherit Zack's love for Aerith. He had some of his memories muddled, that's it. He didn't even KNOW about Aerith. The only members he remembered were what Zack told him and Zack never told him about Aerith. So if he felt anything for Aerith, it was really him feeling it... not Zack.

I think cloud's love interest is Tifa, even if he doesn't show it much because come on, he's CLOUD. He wouldn't try to get Aerith because that would be going behind Zack's dead back. Total backstabber if that would happen. So, my vote is for Tifa.

Whenever I played VII, I never really felt like Cloud and Aeris were anything more than just a mercenary hired to protect someone. Besides, can you imagine cloud settling down and having kids?

Now, Cecil and Rosa, I can imagine having kids (and they did). Maybe if Aeris had been given more screen time, we could have seen their relationship develop more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sora & Riku Final Valor View Post
    I think cloud's love interest is Tifa, even if he doesn't show it much because come on, he's CLOUD. He wouldn't try to get Aerith because that would be going behind Zack's dead back. Total backstabber if that would happen. So, my vote is for Tifa.
    Aeris is not a possession to be claimed, She doesn't belong to Zack, she went out with him and they had a relationship but he died. You think Zack would have wanted her to spend her life alone? nope, and Aeris wouldn't want Cloud to be alone forever. You love, you lose, such is life.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

I'm only going to be a bitch because I'm sick of hearing this. What part of maybe don't you get?
    You're acting as if you've said this to me before. I get that this retarded LTD has gotten to everyone by now but being a "bitch" to me isn't going to make the stupid people go away. I haven't even been on this thread for that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    LR- Several other times, it is said that Cloud and Tifa confirm their matching feelings. No conditional statements involved. An 'if/then' statement is no match for a 'then' statement. Feelings were confirmed. That they only happen in one version means that version happened, not that an 'if' means we can't be sure.
    Yeah I get this now

On the other hand, it strikes me as off you focus on an If when numerous other events render it moot, but ignore a 'perhaps' that actually introduces ambiguity into the statement.
    Again, I haven't even been on this thread that long and there is so much evidence for CxT that I can't remember all of the "numerous other events" that "render it moot"

Be that as is may, LR, Even if it would have gone better with Aerith, he's with Tifa. LTD over.
    The only reason why "maybe" and "if" concerned me was because I felt like it COULD give credence to all those people arguing "Cloud only ended up with Tifa because Aeris died and he had no other choice." If it's true that Cloud actually loved Aeris in a romantic sense (and not Tifa at all) then it flies in the face of all the "Mother" comments and foreshadowing that happen in the game and in AC.

People are also going to use this (if they haven't already) to imply that Cloud would never be with Tifa if he had been given a real choice over the two girls. It's basically a way to degrade Tifa's character while inferring that Cloud's feelings for her aren't as real as they could have been with Aeris.

This was why I mentioned those three quotations. "THE LTD IS OVER!" Yes, I know that and I'm glad, but I don't like "maybe's" and "if" being thrown around, giving amo to people looking for any excuse to make Tifa out to be Cloud's second rate token prize.

Honestly, this kind of hostile attitude you guys have makes me want to delete my account.
    Last edited by LadyRelena; 10-28-2010 at 07:25 PM.

Blog Entries

Default why are you guys making it so complicated!?

Cloud likes aerith and Tifa BUT! read first before you correct me,Cloud only sees Aerith as a close friend...he feels guilty for her death....Cloud loves Tifa (i mean,she is his childhood friend/crush rite?)...he distanced himself from Tifa,Marlene and Denzel because of the disease. He felt that if he couldnt even protect himself,how can he protect them? he doesnt want what happened to Aerith and Zack to happen to Tifa,Marlene and Denzel.....
    Aerith liked cloud because she thought he was more like Zack....she only likes him(Cloud) as a close friend...
    AND...(yup..theres more),I think Tifa held back for awhile because she didnt want to ruin their friendship....
    Oh yeah,another thing, "has feelings for.........." does mean they like that person more than a friend....

It could be really simple that he wants to bang both of them. You know, work with both options to lower risk. He is allowed to have romantic feelings for both of them. When Aerith died, his options narrowed from 2 to 1, and Tifa was chosen. Tifa may or may not have been chosen if someone didn't get a gigantic sword through her back, but once that happened, the point becomes moot.

Personally, I think that Tifa would have been chosen because there was greater traction with their personalities. But, it really is moot.

Blog Entries

you never know...maybe Cloud was more open to Aerith at first to make Tifa jealous......hmmmmmmmmm.......anyways,maybe he had feelings for Aerith too but he liked Tifa more.....

Can't we all just agree Cloud really just wanted a threesome?

(SPOILER)with Barret and RedXIII...