Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eyes on Feminine Features

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalin View Post
    Aside from White Wizard lady up here,[...]
    It's ironic that you say you think I'm a girl in a topic about effeminite men...
    Aw, I'm sorry. I thought you were female because I vaguely recall someone in IRC saying you were.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's ironic that you say you think I'm a girl in a topic about effeminite men...
    Aw, I'm sorry. I thought you were female because I vaguely recall someone in IRC saying you were.
    Buh? Now that's one of the funniest rumours anyone has spread about me

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Buh? Nor that's one of the funniest rumours anyone has spread about me
    Maybe it's the cats?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Oh I apologize for having you to make a new thread Rantzien.
    Well maybe out of the bunch I chose maybe Cloud was somewhere in the middle. I never mistook him for a girl though, but you claimed that Freya that most of the characters I named looked feminine. So who else in there do you think looks like a girl? Cyan, Barret?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Doesn't matter you'll disagree anyway.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Can't a guy love his cats? Plus - 'Wizard' is masculine in the dictionary, so go figure...

Anyhoo, I think Cloud might not have been so feminine in the original game (his portrait had more masculine features), but the compilation has made him so. It's even worse with Sephiroth! His face was quite manly in FFVII, while in Advent Children, Crisis Core, etc. he looks like a woman!

Take a look:

I had a problem figuring out his gender by looking at his character model, but once I saw this portrait I knew he was a man.

Now I know you can see the muscular chest on him this time, but just look at that face! For crying out loud, if that's not a woman's face, then I don't know what is!

I'll of course agree with you on Sephiroth. I have always hated his character design, as I'm extremely tired of the japanese clich of a try-hard wannabe-silent-cold kinda woman-haired guy. You've probably seen me rant and rage about Sephiroth's character design as well as his actual "personality". I'm definitely tired of Square trying to make this cheap-cliche villain preserve some sense of special presence [why couldn't the secret bosses from KH have been Kefka or someone that's actually cool?].

As a side-note: Not only does Sephiroth look feminine with his stupid face and his girly woman-hair, but he also looks damn ugly to begin with. Try harder Sephiroth.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You know, I get why they wanted to make his person seem "otherworldly", what with him being infused with alien-parasite ganes, but I don't see how a silver-haired, muscular man with a woman's face is otherworldly. To me it's just plain disturbing.

Where is it said they wanted to make Sephiroth look "otherwoldly?" He just looks like a big guy with long hair in a coat.

YouTube - Final Fantasy VII FMV Sephiroth Nibleheim Fire

Now in updated versions of that, at least from what I remember of AC, he looks a lot more feminine. Not sure though as my eyesight sucks.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Where is it said they wanted to make Sephiroth look "otherwoldly?" He just looks like a big guy with long hair in a coat.

YouTube - Final Fantasy VII FMV Sephiroth Nibleheim Fire

Now in updated versions of that, at least from what I remember of AC, he looks a lot more feminine. Not sure though as my eyesight sucks.
    In The Reunion Files, Nojima had stated that Sephiroth's only true goal in the film is taking revenge on Cloud, who he saw as a rookie SOLDIER. His revival had been decided to occur early on in the project, but not the exact reasons or means of how he would be revived, and these details were decided at later dates. Sephiroth's dialogue was also made to sound profound, as "he thinks on a level higher than humans", and his hair and eyes were exceptionally difficult to animate. Various minor details were made to emphasize Sephiroth's other-worldly character; he was never made to blink, almost never grunted or breathed, and even in the heat of battle kept his voice calm and controlled. Nomura says that when creating Sephiroth, his appearance was set but he had trouble deciding what kind of voice he should have; once Toshiyuki Morikawa auditioned, Nomura knew he was exactly what he wanted. Morikawa also noted that, with Sephiroth's on-screen presence, he knew his final lines had to be done properly, and with input from the director, gave Sephiroth's iconic final words a sense that "he's not done yet".
    And that's from here.

This is why I don't pay attention to the Compilation.
    Not blinking and being calm during battle makes you otherworldly. Ugh.

Thanks for the info, though.

KUJA IS REALLY A WOMAN TRUE FACTS!!! It even does a close up on his lack of male genitalia in the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    KUJA IS REALLY A WOMAN TRUE FACTS!!! It even does a close up on his lack of male genitalia in the game.
    Oh, that is so true. And take a look at his thin waist and wide hips