Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Quistis: I guess I was right. You and Seifer are in a class of your own. You
    both have amazing strength and potential.
    Really? If Quistis actually dislikes Seifer, her answer would be more biased. Therefore, she lies...
    Why should her answer contain bias? She's stating simple facts, not her personal opinion.

Quistis: What's going to happen to Seifer?
    Since when do you care about Seifer?
    Since she was a teacher and he was a student. Teachers do worry about their student's regardless of if they are good or bad and it doesn't have any relation to any amorous feelings.

Quistis: I don't have any good memories of him (Seifer). I've seen some
    troubled children, but he was beyond troubled. Well, he wasn't really a
    bad guy.
    Oh, really? Trying to find an excuse so that you wouldn't be sad about Seifer dying? Not to mention you said this infront of Squall...
    Again, she's making a comment about Seifer at the moment.

You're taking all of these quotes out of context and then trying to use them as independent statements. Without relating them to the surrounding context and conversation they're useless and extremely misleading.

I will applaud you though for showcasing the same tactics and tricks that Fox News uses in the US to confuse people and create news and opinions where none exists.
    Figaro Castle

But her saying 'Amazing' has got to be an opinion.

Seifer was dismissed from the Garden before Quistis's comments about him. So, I don't know if she's supposed to worry about him for all eternity!

Quistis was involved in fighting against Seifer later... but you could agrue that it was only for gameplay purpose. I'm not sure yet.

Hmm, I found one more anti-clockwise thing. The engines at the Communication Tower, they turn anti-clockwise to power up the whole tower.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

No it doesn't. It's a basic adjective stating that their skills far surpass any of their peers.

Seifer was dismissed from the Garden before Quistis's comments about him. So, I don't know if she's supposed to worry about him for all eternity!
    My father is a retired college professor and he still keeps in contact with many former students, both those who graduated and those who either transferred to other schools or dropped out. It's very normal to wonder or worry about previous students, especially those who seem like they could be trouble or could get into trouble.
    Figaro Castle

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quistis concerns for Seifer, because she knows him they're not friends, but (at that point) not enemies either, also it could be another hint to that scene.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Or perhaps the period rears it's ugly head again and Quistis is holding her hands the way she is because she missed her period.

I'm beginning to notice a correlation between these events...
    Figaro Castle

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Or perhaps the period rears it's ugly head again and Quistis is holding her hands the way she is because she missed her period.

I'm beginning to notice a correlation between these events...
    Is this some kind of running joke I'm missing? Like how we all had to pretend to hate FFVII a while ago (though some of the genuine haters probably joined in) are we supposed to mention periods in threads on FFVIII for a while?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes.
    Figaro Castle

Yes.
    Period!

No it doesn't. It's a basic adjective stating that their skills far surpass any of their peers.
    I don't understand. Voicing things about a thing or two... in this case 'amazing' is not an opinion? Ultimecia is much more powerful and yet nobody in the game says that she's 'amazing'.

Yeah, Squall and Seifer both have proven to be strong, but just because Quistis says they are amazing, it doesn't mean it's become a fact!

I don't consider Seifer to be that great. So, he's not definitely amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    My father is a retired college professor and he still keeps in contact with many former students, both those who graduated and those who either transferred to other schools or dropped out. It's very normal to wonder or worry about previous students, especially those who seem like they could be trouble or could get into trouble.
    Oh, never happened in my experience. Well, it's happened once or two but that's pretty rare. Not enough to be normal, at least for me.
    Last edited by Serapy; 11-18-2009 at 11:00 AM.

Ultimecia's dark cloud turning anti-clockwise under her castle. The exterior blue waves of the inaccessible towns turning anti-clockwise. There are other things that appear to be anti-clockwise in this game as well. You can mention them in this thread, if you like.

But this particular one puzzles me, have a look at this image:

Look at the poster on Dr. Kadowaki's wall. It has symbols that are anti-clockwise. At first, I thought the poster was for eyes testing purposes since Kadowaki is a doctor. But testing students' eyes via reading symbols that happen to be anti-clockwise? That doesn't make sense.
    1. The circular symbols are not counter-clockwise.
    2. The symbols as a whole are not clockwise or counter clockwise, as can be seen by the second row.

So, why was the poster there? What's the true importance of itself?
    Eye testing using a system we are not aware of.

Even stranger that her husband can catch you if you do something bad in game. Like, if you cast magic inside the Garden, the badass ninja will come to you and derank you all of a sudden. How can he catch you so fast?

More to the point, clockwise means progressing with time. Anti-clockwise means the opposite.
    No, Clockwise means turning in a fashion so that if you draw a line from the center of the circle to its edge and stand it on its edge, as the line points to the right it falls, and as it points to the left it rises. Counter-Clockwise is merely the reverse.

I think Ultimecia actually came from the past, and Squall / Co. actually came from the future. At least in terms of time-travelling... or the complications of time compression.
    Even were your ideas regarding the counter clockwise rotation's relation to time correct, this does not logically follow from that premise.

If you walk forward, that is clockwise.
    If you walk backward, that is anti counterwise

These signs show backward.

No. Forward and backwards are not related to clockwise or counter clockwise at all.

When I go forward in my car, if you look at my car from one side, the wheels will rotate clockwise, and they will rotate counterclockwise when looked at from the other. The same is true when I reverse.

When I walk, clockwise and counter don't play into it at all.

If that chart is an eye chart, the top three symbols will be read left to right. When viewed in that order, the symbols show a clockwise progression.
    However, the second row show symbols which are not rotational at all.

I mean if you're on this circle... you step on it and automatically face forward. So, if you walk forward, it's like clockwise. If you walk backward while facing forward, it's like anti-clockwise

I mean if you're on this circle... you step on it and automatically face forward. So, if you walk forward, it's like clockwise. If you walk backward while facing forward, it's like anti-clockwise
    If you're 'on the circle' you can walk forward clockwise, counterclockwise, or both depending on the orientation of the circle.

You can only move forward or backward at a time.
    These pictures / animations show that they are moving forward or backward at a time.