Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anti-clockwise Mystery

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    You can only move forward or backward at a time.
    Which does nothing to counter the fact that you can move forwards in a counter clockwise manner, or backwards in a counter clockwise manner.

These pictures / animations show that they are moving forward or backward at a time.
    The animation shows those symbols aren't moving, but even if we assume their movement as indicative of movement, the shortest rotation required to go from one symbol to the other when viewing in a left to right manner, the standard manner for eye charts, would be clockwise.

The walls of the towns and the rotation below Ultimecia's castle.

This poster doesn't seem to be a typical eyes check to me. Yet it's smilar to the other rotations.

I'll look for more rotations later.

This poster doesn't seem to be a typical eyes check to me. Yet it's smilar to the other rotations.
    Aside from the circles it shows being clockwise. Like the rotation of Garden Wheels.

You need to substantiate your premise before looking for evidence based on that premise. As it is, your premise is inherently false.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze

Aside from the circles it shows being clockwise. Like the rotation of Garden Wheels.
    There has to be an explanation!

You need to substantiate your premise before looking for evidence based on that premise. As it is, your premise is inherently false.
    Oh, shush. Since when do everything require whatever- whatever- in order to be whatever-? If we do that kind of stuff, this wouldn't be a Final Fantasy game!

No there doesn't.

Oh, shush. Since when do everything require whatever- whatever- in order to be whatever-? If we do that kind of stuff, this wouldn't be a Final Fantasy game!
    Since the advent of the scientific method, at least.
    And yes, it will still be FF with rationally constructed, evidence based, parsimonious theories.

No there doesn't.
    There's no explanation that the poster on the wall uses circles?

Do eye checks that use circles exist in reality?

Since the advent of the scientific method, at least.
    And yes, it will still be FF with rationally constructed, evidence based, parsimonious theories.
    VIII is a bit like Lost. A lot of meanings, yet cannot be proved or disproved.

Nope.

They use all sorts of symbols.

Then there's no meaning that you can determine. So you cannot assert it as true. In other words, your 'meaning' is meaningless.

Nope.
    So, whoever drew that poster had no idea what was he/she doing. He/she created it out of nothingness, it seems.

They use all sorts of symbols.
    Normally, the eye checks have letters on them, but symbols don't... Unless you show me evidence that there are eye checks that use symbols.

Then there's no meaning that you can determine. So you cannot assert it as true. In other words, your 'meaning' is meaningless.
    If I cannot prove or disprove this thing, it always will be something.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Nope.
    So, whoever drew that poster had no idea what was he/she doing. He/she created it out of nothingness, it seems.
    Yes, it actually does seem that way. Why does it have to have a meaning? Just because you want to find a meaning and think the developers left no minor detail to chance doesn't mean it has to have a meaning. It's a minor prop in the background of a game meant to make the room look like a doctor's office, nothing more. It doesn't have to have a special meaning. Do I see something like an eye chart in the background when I play? Yes. Does this make me think, "This must be a doctor's office?" Yes. The purpose of the minor prop is served. It has no further purpose beyond that.

Please remember that developers and companies are on a tight time frame and specific budget when creating these games and it costs them money to spend more time worrying about how to tie every minor detail together, thus they don't. You seem to forget this and are assuming that they had all the time in the world to do minor tweaks and hidden/subtle hints as they went along. This is rarely the case as they are still a business and have to get the game out the door in a timely fashion. Creating the little nuances and connections you're trying to prove would take too much time and money and the game wouldn't be financially feasible.
    Last edited by Flying Mullet; 12-04-2009 at 03:30 PM.
    Figaro Castle

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default WHAT YA DOING MULLET BUDDY?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Nope.
    Yes, it actually does seem that way. Why does it have to have a meaning? Just because you want to find a meaning and think the developers left no minor detail to chance doesn't mean it has to have a meaning. It's a minor prop in the background of a game meant to make the room look like a doctor's office, nothing more. It doesn't have to have a special meaning. Do I see something like an eye chart in the background when I play? Yes. Does this make me think, "This must be a doctor's office?" Yes. The purpose of the minor prop is served.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Nope.
    Yes, it actually does seem that way. Why does it have to have a meaning? Just because you want to find a meaning and think the developers left no minor detail to chance doesn't mean it has to have a meaning. It's a minor prop in the background of a game meant to make the room look like a doctor's office, nothing more. It doesn't have to have a special meaning. Do I see something like an eye chart in the background when I play? Yes. Does this make me think, "This must be a doctor's office?" Yes. The purpose of the minor prop is served. It has no further purpose beyond that.

Please remember that developers and companies are on a tight time frame and specific budget when creating these games and it costs them money to spend more time worrying about how to tie every minor detail together, thus they don't. You seem to forget this and are assuming that they had all the time in the world to do minor tweaks and hidden/subtle hints as they went along. This is rarely the case as they are still a business and have to get the game out the door in a timely fashion. Creating the little nuances and connections you're trying to prove would take too much time and money and the game wouldn't be financially feasible.
    Time is money. They take a bit of time of the project's timeline and create something that means nothing. How can that make sense?

Not to mention that they were in a hurry finishing VIII. Therefore, why would they waste time on creating things that don't have any meaning?

They take time and create something for a reason, which is justified because creating something for a reason is not a waste of time.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Time is money. They take a bit of time of the project's timeline and create something that means nothing. How can that make sense?
    It means they take five minutes to draw up some random symbols, scribbles and other nonsense to put on a poster in the background to portray a doctor's office and are done with it and they don't spend hours and extra money going back through the game to modify minor background props to hide secret messages.

It makes perfect sense.
    Not to mention that they were in a hurry finishing VIII. Therefore, why would they waste time on creating things that don't have any meaning?
    Exactly, they didn't. You're trying to find meaning where none exists. It's like the people who see a water stain on a wall and say they see Jesus in it and everyone who doesn't see it is blind. You're forcing things that aren't there.
    They take time and create something for a reason, which is justified because creating something for a reason is not a waste of time.
    Yes, they do. Creating a prop is creating aesthetics. They need to make the game look realistic. It would be quite boring if there were no objects, props, etc... decorating the various locations in the world. It would be bland otherwise and people wouldn't buy the game because it's ugly. Thus they need to put them there. But that's all. They don't spend any more time on it.

Oh, and I hope you realize every thing in your quote actually strengthened my argument that they don't have time to worry about inserting mysterious connections throughout the game. "How?", you're asking? I'll save you from having to post to ask. I claimed that they don't have extra time to spend on inserting the supposed secrets and you gave an example of how they were on a tight time line and didn't have time to put in the supposed secrets you're claiming.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    It means they take five minutes to draw up some random symbols, scribbles and other nonsense to put on a poster in the background to portray a doctor's office and are done with it and they don't spend hours and extra money going back through the game to modify minor background props to hide secret messages.

It makes perfect sense.
    If there's no reason for them to add some text on a texture, they wouldn't do it. They will do something that serves a purpose.

Exactly, they didn't. You're trying to find meaning where none exists. It's like the people who see a water stain on a wall and say they see Jesus in it and everyone who doesn't see it is blind. You're forcing things that aren't there.
    I think you misunderstood me. If they were in a hurry to finish VIII, they will not create something that basically serves no purpose or meaning, because that will be a waste of time.

It's likely that the artist puts it there because it's popped up in his head in the first place. Whatever popped in his head was meaningful.

Yes, they do. Creating a prop is creating aesthetics. They need to make the game look realistic. It would be quite boring if there were no objects, props, etc... decorating the various locations in the world. It would be bland otherwise and people wouldn't buy the game because it's ugly. Thus they need to put them there. But that's all. They don't spend any more time on it.
    I'm talking about things like this, which is smilar to the Latin text on Ultimecia's paintings.

No one pays attention to Ultimecia's paintings.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cid View Post
    No one pays attention to Ultimecia's paintings.
    Actually, there are certain people who do. Way to exaggerate.