Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Boat driver

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Fictional aliens have no defined color, it depends on the imagination of the writer or artist. As for real aliens (assuming they exist) I have no idea.

As I said, seven is a common number. Maybe they were put in for mystical reasons (seven is considered lucky), but it could still just be a coincidence. I doubt anyone have delved into the appearance of any other numbers as extensively.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This is green?

Even if it is green, can you say that no alien can come in the color of green?

Did you type "Green Aliens" in google search? There are tons of them!

Sample

Last edited by Christmas; 11-30-2009 at 12:49 PM.

But that colour doesn't match.

Bright green then!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

More like light blue.

And there are green aliens.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks kind of Toitoise to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post

Bright green then!
    Butr wait, Terra was blue! It's FFIX as well!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I don't accept that the games are connected in this way. There are certainly cameos from FFVII, but that's not the same as this.

An example of a connection I accept is the Ultima Weapon in FFVIII carries Cloud's Ultima Weapon sword in its hand. As far as I can tell, they look identical. You can draw all sorts of conclusions from this, but the most likely is since the sword was dropped by the FFVII Ultima Weapon (although it was not shown wielding it), then it would make sense that the FFVIII version carries a version of the sword as well.

But the sky was red-ish at the time of the photograph, which should have had reduced the reflection significantly.
    Explain your reasoning why this is so.
    Even though the sky was not red at this time. After the 'watery fade' to the next morning it is, but not before.

That was one hell of a gigantic reflection, then.
    I'm not saying it's not. But a reflection it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze
    Metors can turn green?

Squall and Rinoa are Amber? The emblem for FFVII's logo is METEOR. Take a look at Meteor's shape in the final FMV or the monument in AC/C.

But why bother showing it in certain areas of the game? Squall's desert sky turning green at some point, and the power source...
    Because it looks ominous.

Look, Christmas. PuPu is green, right? It's the exact same colour as these things... Normally, aliens aren't green...
    'Little green men' normally aren't green.
    New one by me!
    Pupu isn't green.

Bright green then!
    None of your 'greens' are alike in color. And the reflection of the moon and the image of meteor are nothing alike in shape.

But the sky was red-ish at the time of the photograph, which should have had reduced the reflection significantly.
    Explain your reasoning why this is so.
    Even though the sky was not red at this time. After the 'watery fade' to the next morning it is, but not before.
    The sky was red-ish, so you should see some red on the reflection

But why bother showing it in certain areas of the game? Squall's desert sky turning green at some point, and the power source...
    Because it looks ominous.
    I don't think Squall's conscience is supposed to express green-ish. More like, black, brown, silver or grey.

None of your 'greens' are alike in color. And the reflection of the moon and the image of meteor are nothing alike in shape.
    Well, then my eyes are tricking with me. But I'm sure they are the same colour - almost

The sky was not 'red-ish' when the boats passed over the moon's reflection. The sky was reddish later when the boats came up to Dollet, which was the morning after.
    Even then, none of that explains why this would 'reduce' the reflection, as you said.

I don't think Squall's conscience is supposed to express green-ish. More like, black, brown, silver or grey.
    Which has ANYTHING to do with green looking suitably ominous... HOW?

Well, then my eyes are tricking with me. But I'm sure they are the same colour - almost
    No. They are both greenish. That's about it. They're not even remotely close otherwise. And Pupu is decidedly blue. Light blue, but blue. Like the lionheart.

The sky was not 'red-ish' when the boats passed over the moon's reflection. The sky was reddish later when the boats came up to Dollet, which was the morning after.
    Even then, none of that explains why this would 'reduce' the reflection, as you said.
    The sky changes that fast??

Which has ANYTHING to do with green looking suitably ominous... HOW?
    Really, I don't think Green is an ominous colour. Players who played VIII also likely to have played VII.
    In VII, they look at Lifestream - oh, that's a good thing!
    In VIII, they look at this thing with the same colour - oh, green.

Definitely not ominous!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

No one said the trip was a quick one. You just see a cut scene or two during the trip.
    Figaro Castle

It's a cut to later, Serapy. Hence the watery fade to black.

Really, I don't think Green is an ominous colour. Players who played VIII also likely to have played VII.

Definitely not ominous!
    Not all greens are the same. A nuclear reactor with a green aura is decidedly ominous. A dark green cloud is ominous. It's context cues.

It's a cut to later, Serapy. Hence the watery fade to black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    No one said the trip was a quick one. You just see a cut scene or two during the trip.
    And yet the reflection looks still the same. No clouds moving, nothing.

Definitely not ominous!
    Not all greens are the same. A nuclear reactor with a green aura is decidedly ominous. A dark green cloud is ominous. It's context cues.
    This green colour is a power source in VIII.

But Squall's desert island was an illusion. It was created inside his head.
    This illusion; the background, the sky and Squall himself show colours consisting of black, brown, white, silver and grey. These colours are representing the 'depressed' side of Squall.

Then all of a sudden, the green colour comes out of no where and flashing. Then the sky goes back to normal (grey)

Green is way out of these colours' leagues. Is green a typical colour to represent the 'depressed' side of Squall? No!

I only have one explanation: this green thing was what powered Squall's illusion and hence these flashing greens.

And yet the reflection looks still the same. No clouds moving, nothing.
    The sky is not red during the 'passing over the moon' shot, Serapy, which is the only time the reflection appears.

This green colour is a power source in VIII.
    In one instance.

But Squall's desert island was an illusion. It was created inside his head. This illusion; the background, the sky and Squall himself show colours consisting of black, brown, white, silver and grey. These colours are representing the 'depressed' side of Squall.

Then all of a sudden, the green colour comes out of no where and flashing. Then the sky goes back to normal (grey)

Green is way out of these colours' leagues. Is green a typical colour to represent the 'depressed' side of Squall? No!

I only have one explanation: this green thing was what powered Squall's illusion and hence these flashing greens.
    Firstly, Squall isn't depressed. He's asocial and has his fair share of issues, but he doesn't show any of the signs of depression.
    Secondly, all of this, what you're doing, is speculating. You are inventing meanings for these colors, and who knows, it might be right, but you have nary a lick of proof to support these assumptions, or the assumption that green is a power source for the 'illusion' instead of just another emotion.