Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Boat driver

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    And yet the reflection looks still the same. No clouds moving, nothing.
    The sky is not red during the 'passing over the moon' shot, Serapy, which is the only time the reflection appears.
    So, it seems that this gigantic reflection can penetrate the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze
    Quote Originally Posted by Serapy
    This green colour is a power source in VIII.
    In one instance.
    Moar!

Firstly, Squall isn't depressed. He's asocial and has his fair share of issues, but he doesn't show any of the signs of depression.
    My point still remains. Depression, anti-social, whatever, all have the same negative effect.

Secondly, all of this, what you're doing, is speculating.
    There's nothing wrong with speculating.

You are inventing meanings for these colors, and who knows, it might be right, but you have nary a lick of proof to support these assumptions, or the assumption that green is a power source for the 'illusion' instead of just another emotion.
    If Squall manages to change his personality and behaviours in every scene in the game, then it would be much more difficult to find his true nature.

Besides, let me think of an example...
    Ok, so, you claimed that he's asocial. Ok, so, let's see. Does this 'asocial' thing associate with GREEN? No! Obviously not!

There's this green on the Wheels of the Gardens. Your common sense would say that this green kind of thing could be powering the gardens.
    Where do all of that stuff (including magic) come from? Dr. Odine. Are sorceress using the same magic as humans to some extent? Yes?
    So, there you go.

I have no idea what you're talking about and somehow I'm not sure you do either.

Moar!
    ...SUCH AS?

My point still remains. Depression, anti-social, whatever, all have the same negative effect.
    Despite being COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Not on its own. But acting like your speculation is substantiated without basis IS wrong.

If Squall manages to change his personality and behaviours in every scene in the game, then it would be much more difficult to find his true nature.
    Which isn't what I was talking about at all...

Ok, so, you claimed that he's asocial. Ok, so, let's see. Does this 'asocial' thing associate with GREEN? No! Obviously not!
    I'm not saying it is. But it could be associated with fear, doubt, anxiety, any host of negative emotions clouding his mind at the moment.

There's this green on the Wheels of the Gardens. Your common sense would say that this green kind of thing could be powering the gardens.
    Actually, it wouldn't, since it is being cast OFF of the garden. Common sense would tell us it is a BYPRODUCT of the garden, and probably what allows it to fly.

Where do all of that stuff (including magic) come from? Dr. Odine. Are sorceress using the same magic as humans to some extent? Yes?
    So, there you go.
    Gardens, Magic, etc. do not come from Odine. He is a genius, but these things existed before he lived. He is responsible for non GF Paramagic usage.

Don't feed the troll, kiddies!

I have no idea what you're talking about and somehow I'm not sure you do either.
    If you can see the Moon via this reflection, the Sky should be visible. But it wasn't visible and it's almost as if there's no sky.

Moar!
    ...SUCH AS?
    Other Gardens, the Grasshoppers (the machines you fly on) and perhaps the Ultimecia's throne room.

Despite being COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.
    If they are all bad, they are the same in some context.

Not on its own. But acting like your speculation is substantiated without basis IS wrong.
    You don't like it, that's fine.

Which isn't what I was talking about at all...
    Oh?

I'm not saying it is. But it could be associated with fear, doubt, anxiety, any host of negative emotions clouding his mind at the moment.
    Fear, doubt, anxiety, or whatever else don't seem to fit GREEN, either.

Actually, it wouldn't, since it is being cast OFF of the garden. Common sense would tell us it is a BYPRODUCT of the garden, and probably what allows it to fly.
    So, it's still not a power source?

So, there you go.
    Gardens, Magic, etc. do not come from Odine. He is a genius, but these things existed before he lived. He is responsible for non GF Paramagic usage.
    Odine definitely didn't create this power source.

If you can see the Moon via this reflection, the Sky should be visible. But it wasn't visible and it's almost as if there's no sky.
    Or the sky is clear, dark, like a night sky, and the stars are not showing up due to brightness wash.

Other Gardens, the Grasshoppers (the machines you fly on) and perhaps the Ultimecia's throne room.
    The gardens and the grasshoppers exude exhaust of that color in their flight mechanism. It doesn't mean they are powered by it.

Patently wrong.

It's more than 'I don't like it' it's 'there's nothing to it.'

Oh?
    No, what I was talking about was your assumption that these colors represent his personality is unfounded. Not impossible, but unfounded.

How not?

No more than the fire of a jet is a power source.

If it is a power source.

Or the sky is clear, dark, like a night sky, and the stars are not showing up due to brightness wash.
    And it leaves us - the Moon and 7 ships! There's a meaning to this.

The gardens and the grasshoppers exude exhaust of that color in their flight mechanism. It doesn't mean they are powered by it.
    It's GREEN, though.

Patently wrong.
    Entirely, no. Partly, yes.

It's more than 'I don't like it' it's 'there's nothing to it.'
    If there's nothing to it, then why did I claim it? Having no reason to claim something that outputs nothingness doesn't make sense.

Oh?
    No, what I was talking about was your assumption that these colors represent his personality is unfounded. Not impossible, but unfounded.
    It does make sense if you think about it. Green doesn't fit the overall image of Squall.

How not?
    You see the colours of Squall a lot throughout the game. And then Green started appearing. Doesn't fit the scheme.

No more than the fire of a jet is a power source.
    Whatever it is, it's still GREEN.

If it is a power source.
    Phew.

The sky is green, so is the codec, that means my theory is absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cid View Post
    The sky is green, so is the codec, that means my theory is absolutely correct.
    That codec has never been mentioned or displayed in VIII, anyway.

Neither was 1572 or Jenova or Greek Text therefore, my theory makes perfect sense.

Neither was 1572 or Jenova or Greek Text therefore, my theory makes perfect sense.
    Actually, these things appear in VIII, while your codec doesn't.

That's a robot in the boat, that's not greek text, and if 1572 had anything to do with anything it would have more clearly said so; therefore, the 1572, the greek text, Jenova, and the MGS codec are not a part of the game; therefore, they are what the game is all about.

That's a robot in the boat, that's not greek text, and if 1572 had anything to do with anything it would have more clearly said so; therefore, the 1572, the greek text, Jenova, and the MGS codec are not a part of the game; therefore, they are what the game is all about.
    The crazy colonel would have made this game SO much better...

I need scissors 61! And it is possible to inflict 61 damage on an opponent!

I need scissors 61! And it is possible to inflict 61 damage on an opponent!
    Scissors 61 would be an awesome blue magic spell. :O

If you look at the robot hard, it'll look like a Cyborg. Trust me.