Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Greek text

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    No. If the developers don't know how to put proper Greek sentences, then understanding the context isn't important. However, it's easier to put a word and that's what matters.

They did the same thing to Ultimecia's paintings. The sentences are wrong, but the words are fine.
    But the words AREN'T fine, bridge dweller. The words are nonsense with one set accidentally making a mispelled word.
    The letter clusters have semicolons and other punctuation in them, for smurf's sake.
    Consider how can a Japanese developer type correct Greek characters? I don't know how, either. It takes a while to find out which number to enter a specific Greek character.

He obviously didn't have enough time to find out how or else the project's deadline will get delayed, so instead, he puts identical characters and that's about it.

No. If the developers don't know how to put proper Greek sentences, then understanding the context isn't important. However, it's easier to put a word and that's what matters.

They did the same thing to Ultimecia's paintings. The sentences are wrong, but the words are fine.
    But the words AREN'T fine, bridge dweller. The words are nonsense with one set accidentally making a mispelled word.
    The letter clusters have semicolons and other punctuation in them, for smurf's sake.
    Consider how can a Japanese developer type correct Greek characters? I don't know how, either. It takes a while to find out which number to enter a specific Greek character.

He obviously didn't have enough time to find out how or else the project's deadline will get delayed, so instead, he puts identical characters and that's about it.
    He can DRAW THEM, and overlay the bitmap over a mesh repeatedly. Textures over meshes is how you make 3D images, after all.

And the characters aren't 'Identical' at all. They are random and nonsensical with punctuation inside them. Seriously, reread scrumpleberry's post, chewtoy.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Okay, Ryushikaze, time to stop it with the names. I'm sure your arguments work even without belittling people, no?

I'm not trying to belittle him with my nicknames, but if you insist, I'll try and reign it in.

Maybe it's a made up language and it says "Someone on an Internet forum post a thread about what this says."

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I bet the japanese developer also put http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...mensions.html,
    http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ii-1572-a.html
    http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...36-tunnel.html,
    http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...34-boat-driver.
    html,http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...e-mystery.html and
    http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...rone-room.html in it to make deadline meets. No particular reason, no deep theories or serious debates. Just deadlines. :goomba:

You forget Nuclear War?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze

He can DRAW THEM, and overlay the bitmap over a mesh repeatedly. Textures over meshes is how you make 3D images, after all.
    Woooow, really? Whoever was responsible for that texture must have had a robotic arm to draw the text, since the lines of the text look almost perfect!

And the characters aren't 'Identical' at all.
    Have you got evidence that the characters are not identical? If not, then let our opinions speak for themselves.

They are random and nonsensical with punctuation inside them. Seriously, reread scrumpleberry's post, chewtoy.
    Just because I put something that outputs absolutely nonsensical; unintentional or not, doesn't mean it becomes absolutely meaningless.

Woooow, really? Whoever was responsible for that texture must have had a robotic arm to draw the text, since the lines of the text look almost perfect!
    MSPAINT, Serapy. Copypaste letters randomly.

Have you got evidence that the characters are not identical? If not, then let our opinions speak for themselves.
    Have you got evidence they are? If no, then your claim is baseless.

Just because I put something that outputs absolutely nonsensical; unintentional or not, doesn't mean it becomes absolutely meaningless.
    Yes. Yes it does. Nonsense, especially intentional nonsense, has no meaning. A nonsense phrase is a meaningless phrase.

Banned

I'm pretty sure they just thought it would look cool.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

That's what I said 40 posts ago.

I seriously don't get the appeal of arguing with Serapy about stuff like this. I mean....just read his posts, then look at his avatar. It all speaks for itself XD

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bahamut View Post
    I seriously don't get the appeal of arguing with Serapy about stuff like this. I mean....just read his posts, then look at his avatar. It all speaks for itself XD
    xD

MSPAINT, Serapy. Copypaste letters randomly.
    They used MSPAINT to draw textures? Pro!

Have you got evidence they are? If no, then your claim is baseless.
    Have you got evidence they are not? If no, then your counter-claim is baseless.

Yes. Yes it does. Nonsense, especially intentional nonsense, has no meaning. A nonsense phrase is a meaningless phrase.
    They added Latin words with the wrong sentences on Ultimecia's paintings. Was that intentional nonsense too?

Have you got evidence they are not? If no, then your counter-claim is baseless.
    Have you got evidence they are not and are and are not and are? If no, then your counter-counter-claim is baseless.