Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII Theme Song Petition

Default Final Fantasy XIII Theme Song Petition

Hi we have started a petition for the song chosen for the NA/EU Final Fantasy 13 and was wondering if you would be kind enough to Sign

Main petition details
    As we all found out a few days ago when the new Final Fantasy XIII Trailer was Released Leona Lewis will be Singing the theme song, and in many of our eye's, Your fans eye's. she's not right for the job and neither is the song, Sayuri Sugawara's Kimi Ga Iru Kara is so much more fitting and is what we love in the Final Fantasy games. we all love the japanese behind Final Fantasy so why go changing something that is good??

there you can view both songs side by side and view your Opinions
    URL
    Sayuri Sugawara for NA/EU Final Fantasy XIII Petition

Please take a look and Sign

lol Stupid petition is stupid.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

because? would you like to back up your comment??

Because this petition will not be heard by Square-Enix, so you'll be wasting your time. They would have already locked in contracts with Leona Lewis, along with producing a lot of marketing research in that area.

In either case, Square-Enix isn't one to actually listen to their western market, so it'll fall on deaf ears.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

The only thing this online petition will accomplish is make you feel a little empowered. If that's going to be sufficient, go for it. It will not change the song's inclusion in the game.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Obviously you didn't even pay attention to the thread we had here on this final fantasy based forum about the song. Most of us like it. Maybe you should check out that first before making a claim that all FF fans don't like it :/

I think she is perfect for the job. It makes a japanese game more able to relate to the west.

i did read the thread on here but most of the people on here seem really bitchy and up there own arse tbh, if you even took the time to listen to both songs then you would see that the song has nothing to do with final fantasy its just a track picked of her album ... (one of the worst ones) it would be diffrent if she was singing a song written for the game but even soo her voice is terrible all she does is use vibrato's its awful,

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well I don't seem how you could know how it'd fit in the game since it isn't out. Unless you have a copy somehow! Tell me how to get it!

Just because it isn't a japaophiles jpop doesn't mean it doesn't fit.

Also Leona lewis won a talent contest, x-factor. Which was based on actual singing not how well she can be auto-tuned. She's got talent even if you don't want to admit it.

Don't get me wrong. I think both songs suck, and I miss the days of non-vocal theme songs. However, I am just stating the fact that is Square-Enix will not listen to a little 13-people online petition.

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Because this petition will not be heard by Square-Enix, so you'll be wasting your time. They would have already locked in contracts with Leona Lewis, along with producing a lot of marketing research in that area.

In either case, Square-Enix isn't one to actually listen to their western market, so it'll fall on deaf ears.
    Hear-hear.

There was an FF game developed in the west and look how well that went down.

Wait... FFMQ had awesome music.

Crap, I just destroyed my own point.

To be honest, at first I was disapointed when I was told that Leona Lewis would be doing the theme track because I don't want to listen to some beyonce wannabe while I'm playing final fantasy. ThenI had a realisation that the usual team would be composing the music and she would just be doing the vocals which wouldn't be so bad, only to be then slapped in the face by the video saying they are taking the song straight of her new album.
    As far as her winning X-factor as a judge of skill, so did 4 other people who we never here about any more (and in my own oppinion, Ben Mills was better by a long shot), not to mention this year which I haven't watched, but I've heard enough about Jedward the twins to know that even though they can't sing, they go through every week.
    The botom line is Leona is a pop person which is a marmite genre of music, whereas the melodic traditional music of the FF series has appealed to just about everyone who plays it (lets face the facts, it's a hell of a long game to play to music you don't like).
    SE may not be able to get out of a contract with Lewis' record company, but surely they can put in an option to use the planned Sound track, or use the Japanese sound track for those who don't.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Suck it up, it's not like it's going to be all over the game. When is a theme song ever all over a game on FF? You have to endure a minute or so of it then you have HOURS AND HOURS of gameplay.

Stop complaining because you feel you know what's better for Squenix than they know themselves.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I love how fans somehow think they know better about an unreleased project in a foreign language than the people working on it. Imagine that the team doing the music actually thought it might work? :O I mean that's what they get paid for right?

Now, I am not saying it will be amazing. I am saying actually wait and see before you make judgements about something you know so little about.

So can we all hold our horses and wait until March 9th, 2010 to decide whether or not the song fits or it will be good? Eh?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    So can we all hold our horses and wait until March 9th, 2010 to decide whether or not the song fits or it will be good? Eh?
    It is true that we're not in a position to say "this is a terrible decision and Squeenix is ruining the game and will lose business blah blah blah *insert any other business/marketing objection*". However, it is perfectly valid for every one of us to say "I don't like this song; I wish they went with something else" because that's an individual judgment about an individual's personal tastes, and no one else is in a position to know better. While some criticisms certainly are overreaching, that does not mean that all criticism in this case is invalid.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

While I agree that people are allowed an opinion of whether or not the song is good, most of the reactions have been more in the nature of how it will ruin the series or is inappropriate. Those reactions are the ones annoying me not the ones about the song in-and-of-itself. I guess I should have been more clear and maybe omitted the "or it will be good" part (though I had written it in the sense be good in the game).

I also assume they will make a slightly different arrangement for the game, they tend to do that. Sometimes album version and in-game version differ or there will be more than one in-game version.