Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimecia`s Physical Consciousness and the year of VIII (1572)

Default Ultimecia`s Physical Consciousness and the year of VIII (1572)

Artemisia/Ultimecia has symbols of Lions on her castle. Her protectors include Grievers and Iguions which both represent the Lion symbolism.
    Just like Squall's and Rinoa interests in the Lion symbolism for bravery and love. Look here and here for more detail.

The Japanese name of Ultimecia is Arutimishia. Very similar to Artemisia.

If you have ever heard of Artemisia before, the link to her backstory is here
    You'll realise that it will make sense as to why Ultimecia's Castle exists and for what reason, and why was Ultimecia crazy.

These are important elements within the game, yet have never been explained.

I tried to find more paintings of the painter, Francesco Furini, who painted Artemisia. To see if there's any more connection left. He lived in Florence. That's when I realised that Florence was the same city as where Leonardo da Vinci was born, I then looked for his paintings instead.

Here's what I found... a 'Bust of a warrior' painting by Leonardo da Vinci:

Edea's head:

The heads look very similar. Not convinced? Look harder!
    Not to mention the Lion on his armour. What could this mean? It could mean that Edea`s helmet and the Lions are connected.
    In other words, Ultimecia made Edea look that way (the helmet) and her clothes. There's evidence to support this within the game: when Edea got rid of Ultimecia, she no longer holds the Helmet; she's back to Matron herself (long black hair and freer clothes). Matron and Edea looked very different. This proves that not only can Ultimecia control the consciousness of a being, but she can also create something physically.
    But there's only one flaw... why didn't Ultimecia make Rinoa look that way like she did to Matron? Unless... *censored word* :rolleyes2:rolleyes2

More information about the painting is here.

And look at one of the quotes in the link:

The drawing shows Leonardo studying the art of his teacher, Andrea Verrocchio. Giorgio Vasari's biography of Verrocchio in his Lives of the Artists (1550 and 1568) mentions two metal reliefs with profile portraits of Alexander the Great, leader of the Greeks, and Darius, the Persian king.
    Which is pretty close to the date of Raine`s date on her Tombstone. Here's the link by FE.
    This is very likely the year of VIII!

Interesting ...

Which is pretty close to the date of Raine`s date on her Tombstone.
    Ah, so this is a new R=U theory.

This has nothing to do with R=U.
    Pay better attention next time!

But it does only R=U isn't Rinoa = Ultimecia but Raine = Ultimecia. It took you a long time, what with the Edea is the de Vinci painting on the side.

The Vinci painting (as well as Artemisia and her backstory) further proves FE's theory that the year of VIII is around the 1400-1600 mark.
    And further proves that Ultimecia can create something so real while time-travelling.

Look at the painting again, the lion / the helmet are so identical to the ones in VIII. It's very obvious that the artists know the histories of the past and use them for VIII. And therefore, they become canon.

So we are merely determining what time period FFVIII's planet is, well, I fail to see the revelance, being it's a video game and the technology is 20th century to distant future, and that's matters more than the exact year. I'll give an example, I've always had the theory of the planet Gaia being the setting for multiple FFs, it has four ages, Chaotic Age(where you fight Chaos in FFI), Ancient Age(FFI), Dark Age(FFIII), and Modern Age(FFIX), the landscaping and established civilizations changing over time between the ages; however, putting an exact year on the times of the the three FFs in my theory is completely irrelevant imo, so long as you get the gist of what happened and what's happening, and what hasn't happened yet.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

That warrior looks more like Freya than Edea...

I really have never believed that Artemisia is a correct name for Ultimecia, even thought some people calls her that way, even in the spanish version of the game she is called that way... But I think is only a misunderstanding of the jap translation... But I really don't believe they intended to make the name to sound like Artemisia, they probably just wanted to relate it to Ultima (a known concept in the series) to give a sound of power to her name... The word Artemisia is only similar to the jap pronunciation of Ultimecia, and nothing more... There is not another relationship between the words...
    At least that is what I think. Even thought, I have never had the chance to know what do the developers say about this... Have anyone heard about this?

Anyways... I think is very interesting what you're exposing here... we can always find some curious and hidden connections in all kind of things!

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    That warrior looks more like Freya than Edea...
    Woah, that's totally true! His helmet is very similar to Freya's one... =O
    Kuja, Please, Rest In Peace...
    Dissidia Killed You
    Yeah... the whole game...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cid View Post
    So we are merely determining what time period FFVIII's planet is, well, I fail to see the revelance, being it's a video game and the technology is 20th century to distant future, and that's matters more than the exact year. I'll give an example, I've always had the theory of the planet Gaia being the setting for multiple FFs, it has four ages, Chaotic Age(where you fight Chaos in FFI), Ancient Age(FFI), Dark Age(FFIII), and Modern Age(FFIX), the landscaping and established civilizations changing over time between the ages; however, putting an exact year on the times of the the three FFs in my theory is completely irrelevant imo, so long as you get the gist of what happened and what's happening, and what hasn't happened yet.
    Doesn't matter if it's 20th century or not, VIII isn't like our world.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

FF VIII isn't real?

Woah, that's totally true! His helmet is very similar to Freya's one...
    Edea and Freya are one in the same!?

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    FF VIII isn't real?
    We are living on it, aren't we ??

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    FF VIII isn't real?
    We're living on Earth. Not FFVII, not, FFVIII, not even FFIX. Earth, where we hadn't invented warp technology for the Vulcans to discover us.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    FF VIII isn't real?
    We're living on Earth. Not FFVII, not, FFVIII, not even FFIX. Earth, where we hadn't invented warp technology for the Vulcans to discover us.
    You don't get the metaphor, do you?