Thread: Just Started FFIV: Advance

Default Just Started FFIV: Advance

So it only took me like five months or whatever it was since I made those FFIV topicss but I finally got the Emulator of Advance. I just wanted to make this topic so i can maybe make comments or ask questions as I go along.

Speaking of which, I got my first question1 How do I save the game? lol I don't want to really start it until I know for certain how.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Just like the other 2D versions of the game, either on the world map or on save spots in dungeons through the "Save" option in the menu.
    Figaro Castle

Ah, yes I rather enjoy this make of Final Fantasy IV for its new features.

(SPOILER)
    • The ability to change party members at near the end.
    • The cave where you get some of the formerly non-ender characters stronger weapons.
    • The Lunar Ruins, I thought the trials were good.
    • The awesome new equipment and weapons in the Ruins.
    • The berserk hiding Edward glitch though I've never effectively applied it, it's fun to use.

I was disappointed with something though, (SPOILER)how Zeromus EG gives you absolutely nothing, but an entry in your pokedex. (yes, I went there the bestiary feature is unnecessary imo.)

It's a good make and the script is fun to compare to the DS script and the original SNES translated script.

Note: Be sure to keep tents or when you get into the later stages cabins for dungeons when you get to a save point, rest before you save as you don't forget to.

Okay. I'm in the Antlion Cave right now. Had to waste a bunch of time leveling up Edward...bleh.

Anyway my question is, is there an enemy that steals items or something? Because I could have sworn I had over twnty potions and now I have 3. And I know I didn't heal that much and if I did I used Rydia.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Edward's "Heal" ability uses a potion.
    Figaro Castle

...oh. Well screw that then. I'm not using that crappy ability anymore.

Another thing I liked in this one is some abilities were there that weren't in the original like Cecil's dark blade or w/e it was that allowed him to attack all enemies as a dark knight. I didnt find these abilities game breaking, and it was nice to actually be able to use this one since I think before only the npc version of dark knight could use it.

I've just left Baron in the airship to go and get the Earth Crystal.

1. My favorite characters to use have been Cecil, Yang, Rydia and Porom. Least favorie are definitely Edward and Tellah. Edward's stats sucked and he had no good skills. Plus he made me waste all my Potions by accident when I used his lame Heal ability.
    And Tellah? Do the words "glass cannon" mean anything to you? This guy died more than the rest of my characters combined.

2. I know some prefer Dark Knight Cecil but Paladin Cecil is way better in my book. He's still a great attacker, even better I think, plus now he comes with healing magic. Plus..he's prettier. XD

3. The game is going to great lengths to make me think my past party members are dead when I'm positive they're not. I mean if Rydia was dead why would I have gotten an item to give her a new abiliy after defeating an enemy you only encounter after she died?

4. Other than that the story is pretty good. Lots of things I want to find out about as time goes on like why the mysterious light in Mt. Ordeals called Cecil "son", Among other plot points.

5. So far Baigan has been the hardest boss. His Reflect made it so I couldn't attack him with spells and he did KO my party members a few times. Talk about a shame when the boss immediately after him is so weak.

6. I wonder if a later FF used the Mysidia Theme?
    YouTube - Final Fantasy IV DS Music - Mystic Mysidia

I swear I know it from somewhere... Maybe I just heard it in a random vid on YT or something.
    Last edited by Forsaken Lover; 11-19-2009 at 11:40 PM.