Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Future Fantasies

I suppose one thing I'd like to see go is the VII compilation, I love VII and the movie was entertaining, but it seems that after that they just didn't care as much.

I also hope never to see random battles again. I could tolerate them enough from the earlier games, but now its just unneccessary in my opinion. It doesn't help that the other RPGs I play don't have random encounters and after pouring hours in XII, I just don't care for it. I personally feel it disrupts the immersion and it's also a pain in the nuts when I'm searching an area for something and every five to ten steps I get sucked into a fight with that annoying screen effect and the noice (sp?) they use for it. What could take me about ten to fifteen minutes to do turns into an hour affair all on account of random battles.

I hope they stick with fact paced and exciting battle systems, which it looks like they are so no problems. I'm not particularly a fan of turn based RPGs, I do however love the systems like ATB and what XII had; I hope these stay. Though, now that I mention it I wouldn't mind SE pushing the battles more to real time either, but thats just me.

They should keep the open world they used for XII. Don't get me wrong, I like the world map they used in the older games, but I just like the open world better; it also feels more immersive.

One thing I would love to see is having the characters appearance change on account of the equipment that I have on. I'm not just talking about weapons either, I mean their costume would change due to the armor they are wearing. It doesn't even have to be a massive change, they could stick to the particular theme that they have for each character; just make small changes on the costume based on armor and equipment. Its a fairly small feature, but its one that I think would add a bit more to the characters.

And don't worry Bolivar, you aren't the only member here that likes X and XII.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

They need to make the mini-games completely optional. I can't stand most of the mini-games but then get almost forced into playing them for someones best equipment or other useful things. Save side-quests for that stuff.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    They need to make the mini-games completely optional. I can't stand most of the mini-games but then get almost forced into playing them for someones best equipment or other useful things. Save side-quests for that stuff.
    BEST EQUIPMENTS ARE OPTIONAL.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Make it a side-quest. I don't want to force birds to have sex or dodge lightning bolts to get it.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    Make it a side-quest. I don't want to force birds to have sex or dodge lightning bolts to get it.
    The FFX ones sux(Chocobo timed race, lightning dodge...), but the FF VII one isn't that hard.

I kinda enjoy forcing birds to mate and end up with a golden chocobo in the end!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

More chocobo hot n cold.

I don't think they can change the armor so much because they have all the cinematics that have them preset in whatever outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    More chocobo hot n cold.

I don't think they can change the armor so much because they have all the cinematics that have them preset in whatever outfit.
    They could aways just keep them in their default outfits for the cinematics, they've always done that for their weapons. It doesn't have to be a big change either; just a little difference. Its not an important feature and not having it isn't going to keep me from playing Final Fantasy anymore, I just think it would be cool, thats all.
    Last edited by the AJman; 11-27-2009 at 04:03 AM.