Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

*moves the Sword of Truth discussion*

That's better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    One of these days I'm gonna find something :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty that you like anyway, and I will mock you unmerciful.
    He likes me. Mock away!

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    My opinion is based on reading the books and watching the movies. Your opinion is based on...?
    Sitting through the bile of half the movie & 1 chapter that the author managed to vomit up. It's all I could stomach. You don't need to eat a sandwich to know it tastes bad, one sniff should do it.

And telling anyone that their "opinion on anything immediately becomes about as warrented [sic] as a grey pube." is pretty belittling. It's not entirely untrue, as anyone who feels these books and movies are actually good is a super sad person, but belittling nonetheless.
    Don't misquote me woman. That statement was directed only to you. You stated that it was the 'greatest movie of all time'. You deserved that.

You've interrupted the discussion of this series to come in and judge everyone who finds it enjoyable. If you don't think that's aloof or petty, I don't know what to tell you.
    I'm giving my opinion on an open forum. I'm not interupting anything, it's here for discussion. You've been judging the crap outta me with every reply.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    It was the wet dream of a Mormon housewife. While it's poorly written, it's a masterpiece of sexual tension and forbidden love. Women are into sexual tension and forbidden love like men are into stupid like wrestling and football.

I mean, seriously, do you even know any girls?
    B-but I hate wrestling and football.

...oh. :sweatdrop

You stated that it was the 'greatest movie of all time'. You deserved that.
    My love for Shlup forces me to believe that sarcasm was in action at this particular point in time.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah I never got the omg awesome sexual tension you must have gotten shlup. It seemed all kinda forced to me. :/

I hadn't realized it was that bad. Good read

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Sorry, but there's no way anything based on that ty piece of vampire fanfiction can be any good.
    Well, there's at least one thing based on it that has produced something truly magnificent. The score to "New Moon" by Alexandre Desplat is jaw-droppingly beautiful (just listen to the opening track if you don't believe me, and that's only the beginning!). In my opinion this is the first time since "The Golden Compass" that Desplat has written anything impressive and worthwhile, and he elevated the whole romantic aspect of Twilight into bittersweet, epic and Victorian heights with just his music. I say that's quite impressive in and of itself.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

This movie was so much better than the last. It had so much detail from the book. I hated the Twilight movie, but I loved New Moon. (:

Bella didn't look so scummy in this one, either...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Sitting through the bile of half the movie & 1 chapter that the author managed to vomit up. It's all I could stomach. You don't need to eat a sandwich to know it tastes bad, one sniff should do it.
    And no one claimed it wasn't poorly written. All I ask is that you don't make <s>attack</s> make disparaging comments about those who claim it has merit when (1) you are not the target audience and (2) you haven't read more than a chapter.

Don't misquote me woman. That statement was directed only to you. You stated that it was the 'greatest movie of all time'. You deserved that.
    That's true, I did say that. Most people, I think, could tell I was being facetious though. Either way, your comment wasn't warranted or appropriate.

I'm giving my opinion on an open forum. I'm not interupting anything, it's here for discussion. You've been judging the crap outta me with every reply.
    Like I said, giving your opinion on the series is fine. Giving your opinion on the people who enjoy it is not. When you are capable of telling the difference you are welcome to re-join the discussion. You've already stated that the chapter you read was poorly written, do you have anything else to contribute?

And I'm sorry you feel as though my requesting that you act appropriately has been a judgment of you. However, I'm not going to play these back-and-forth "no you're the meanie-head, no you are" games. I'm requesting that you discuss the actual content of the movie or you find something else to do. If you have more to say on the difference between discussing a movie/series and discussing its fanbase then I guess you can PM me, but we're done discussing it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Yeah I never got the omg awesome sexual tension you must have gotten shlup. It seemed all kinda forced to me. :/
    At the beginning it does seem kinda forced. Like they're in love now why? I dunno. Did you read all of them? I like that it's the girl pressuring the guy into boning for once. I found it amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kossage View Post
    Well, there's at least one thing based on it that has produced something truly magnificent. The score to "New Moon" by Alexandre Desplat is jaw-droppingly beautiful (just listen to the opening track if you don't believe me, and that's only the beginning!). In my opinion this is the first time since "The Golden Compass" that Desplat has written anything impressive and worthwhile, and he elevated the whole romantic aspect of Twilight into bittersweet, epic and Victorian heights with just his music. I say that's quite impressive in and of itself.
    I noticed the music overall was a lot better in this movie. I liked the soundtrack for the first one, but in this one the music was less distracting and set the mood better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    This movie was so much better than the last. It had so much detail from the book. I hated the Twilight movie, but I loved New Moon. (:

Bella didn't look so scummy in this one, either...
    There was an impressive amount of detail from the book. The only scene I can think of that wasn't in there was Bella going to the empty Cullen house.

She gets the bracelet in Eclipse, right?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There is not one good thing about any of the books. I still own them all. There is not one good thing about any of the films, and the two to come will be just as horrific (ENOUGH OF YOUR STROKE FACE BELLA SWAN!). I will still watch them all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's one good thing or you wouldn't have read them all and wouldn't watch them all. Admit it, Quin! Don't deny your true self!!

Well, fortunately the cinematography in New Moon is supposed to be bearable, unlike the screenplay (and most of the acting). Unfortunately, they didn't put Tokala Clifford as one of the Native werewolves so I won't be paying for this film.

Tôi đói.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oo, I Googled him. He's cute. Looks like he was probably a bit too famous for them though.

Of maybe he didn't want to be in it. Potential to destroy his apparently serious acting career and all.

He's just lovely. He hasn't done anything since Rez Bomb, so I thought he might get bored and try it out, but he's pretty serious about his heritage, so that might be why he didn't join in. You should listen to his voice, it's great.

Tôi đói.