Thread: Seriously....

Default Seriously....

(SPOILER)Noah's gift to Zande Sucks

I would have taken it even worse
    Good being back......

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

*sigh* Not this again. How often do those who do understand Xande's gift have to explain? The gift wasn't about mortality at all. Xande's life as a human was the greatest gift, and Noah loved Xande the most.

Why? Because with their gifts, Doga and Unei were doomed to work for the rest of their lives. Yes, they had greater power, but only had it for their job and duty. Xande was different. His gift of life as a human would allow him to find friends, a wife, have a family, have children, through which his legacy would live on. Yes, he would die as a human, but he could have children, love and hapiness. Doga and Unei could not.

How, exactly, does this suck? Am I the only one who actually understands why Doga and Unei said life as a human was the greatest gift?

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    *sigh* Not this again.
    Sorry... didn't know we cant discuss anything already discussed...

How, exactly, does this suck? Am I the only one who actually understands why Doga and Unei said life as a human was the greatest gift?
    Yeah, we who experimented life, agree in this is such a great gif from God (btw I'M NOT EMO)
    Good being back......

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

*sigh* Not this again. How often do those who do understand Xande's gift have to explain? The gift wasn't about mortality at all. Xande's life as a human was the greatest gift, and Noah loved Xande the most.

Why? Because with their gifts, Doga and Unei were doomed to work for the rest of their lives. Yes, they had greater power, but only had it for their job and duty. Xande was different. His gift of life as a human would allow him to find friends, a wife, have a family, have children, through which his legacy would live on. Yes, he would die as a human, but he could have children, love and hapiness. Doga and Unei could not.

I know exactly what you mean. It's just that most people don't understand how mortal life is much more valuable than an immortal one. I remember reading or hearing somewhere that in Greek mythology the gods envied the humans for their mortal lives, because the thought that they could lose it in any moment made them enjoy every minute of their life so much more.

Plus, what's the point of libing forever when everyone around you dies?

Blog Entries

Oh, come now. All you have to do is, after every 100 years, smash yourself in the head hard enough so that you get Amnesia, then you re-learn everything. Repeat the process of giving yourself amnesia every 100 years, you'll do fine, and you'll even become BRAIN-DAMAGED! Hurrah! 8D

Really, perhaps it WAS a poor gift-- merely because Xande wasn't mentally able to handle it. He lacked the capacity to fully understand the shortcomings of immortality, and thus made his own life....something not worth living.

Hmm.
    Don't you think Xande and Kuja are alike in many ways?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Black Magic Shopkeeper View Post
    Oh, come now. All you have to do is, after every 100 years, smash yourself in the head hard enough so that you get Amnesia, then you re-learn everything. Repeat the process of giving yourself amnesia every 100 years, you'll do fine, and you'll even become BRAIN-DAMAGED! Hurrah! 8D

Really, perhaps it WAS a poor gift-- merely because Xande wasn't mentally able to handle it. He lacked the capacity to fully understand the shortcomings of immortality, and thus made his own life....something not worth living.

Hmm.
    Don't you think Xande and Kuja are alike in many ways?
    Oh, indeed. Neither of them can deal with mortality. Both can be summed up by "If I have to die, I might as well take the world with me!". The only difference is that Noah gave Xande mortality as a gift, while Kuja has a short lifespan due to being a sort of prototype/failed experiment.

FFXIV Character

I don't doubt for a moment Kuja was partly based on Xande. The similarities are too great to overlook. IX was a throwback at the entire series, III included, after all.

Blog Entries

Especially III, as far as I can tell. I've found so many references to III in IX that I don't know what to think except "maybe Terra is the FFIII world" or "maybe Gaia is the FFIII world". I'd go with Terra tho.

Though it makes me wonder, isn't every FF game vaguely pointing towards that fear of mortality?

FFXIV Character

Dunno, think III was the first one in that aspect, as I and II didn't have villains with a background story or a motif other than "I'm evil".

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dunno, think III was the first one in that aspect, as I and II didn't have villains with a background story or a motif other than "I'm evil".
    But Garland had a reason to be evil! But wait... It was the fiends that turned him into Chaos. And they were evil just because. And so was Chaos, then. Damn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    But Garland had a reason to be evil! But wait... It was the fiends that turned him into Chaos. And they were evil just because. And so was Chaos, then. Damn.
    I imagine the initial concept in mind would probably be, "My nefarious ways will give you a headache! Oh hoho!"

Curse you villains for being so ridiculously evil.
    CURSE you.

I've always said that Zande's story sounds a lot like greek tragedy. Honestly, he's my 3rd favorite main villain in the series. (Kuja, who he's been likened to here, comes in 1st.)

Elzipo probably put it perfectly in the other thread. Life as a mortal human beats a life of solitude doing your work like Unei and Dorga.
    Sig under construction.