Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Sword of Truth Series (AKA RaistlinxTheMan luvluv)

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sweet, there was a new one tonight? FINALLY. I'll check it out tomorrow after work.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was okay. The bandaid monster grew on me. The Cara/Kahlan parts were, obviously, the best parts.

Next episode looks cooler. I've always wanted to see Penis.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been seriously meaning to watch this show again. I wasn't able to in England, because of Hulu restrictions.

Bleh I like mummies, and have played a lot of D&D.. which I always use as the basis in my mind for what fantasy shows/movies should be.. So of course I was lovin' it.

Again this didn't remind me so much of the books, although the bit of morality court did.

I never watch the previews of next week, but as per FB info, apparently the next six weeks will always be a new episode until the season finale.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Bikini Leia View Post
    The last episode, aside from the CaraxKahlan interaction which was amaaaazing, was complete crap. Mummies? Seriously, mummies? Idiotic.
    I have to agree with this. It even started out bad with the overdone "surprise party" (which I totally called) followed by a terribly predictable "twist." Everything about the plot was annoying.

Blog Entries

If Kahlan remembers that Cara can give the breath of life then why didn't Richard? They didn't have to torture Zedd to near-death to get the bandages off, they could have killed him with Cara around.

It seems like they can't really follow their own rules in the span of one episode. Unless someone can explain a reason for this.

I actually thought the episode was alright. The mummy thing grew on me too, and at the end of the episode I actually thought it was somewhat cool. I liked it when it whipped out those long strips of fabric to catch people by the neck xD
    But yeah, the whole Kahlan and Cara scenario in the dungeon was definitely the best parts. There were so many "Just make out already!" moments.
    Oh, and I couldn't help but comparing the magician/the avenger to a tall and crazy version of Bilbo. Seriously, he looks like him.

And speaking of Lord of the Rings - it's gonna be interesting seeing John-Rhys Davies in the next episode.

Blog Entries

Snap, Gimli is in the next episode? Awesome.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, when I saw Gimli was Penis I squee'd.

Blog Entries

Wtf is this talk about Penis? o_O

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

She means "Panis." Or she is mocking the name based on what she thinks of when she sees anything it.

The episode was... decent, I guess. I loved that Cara basically points out how oblivious everyone else is and how campy and full of deus ex machina the plot has been so far. Otherwise, it just suffered from the usual trying to cram a bunch of development into one episode. I wish for once this damn should would spread things out over 2 or 3 episodes sometimes; it's really hard to care when you just find out about a deep dark secret of Zedd's, but then it's resolved 20 minutes later.

Also the Seeker can fly.. I never knew that.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Legend of the Seeker has been canceled by ABC.

There's an effort going on to try and save the show, and I think fans have rallied together and fundraised enough money to buy an ad in Variety. But ABC has shopped the show around to pretty much all the various networks and even SyFy turned it down. I'd say it's pretty much a done deal at this point. If fans can cause enough of an uproar to bring the show back, I'd say it would be a miracle.

And there goes another one of my shows. I don't have a very good track record. ;_;

Blog Entries

What the -- they made a TV series out of this book?! Have I been living under a rock?!

This is what I get for not watching television.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Legend of the Seeker has been canceled by ABC.

There's an effort going on to try and save the show, and I think fans have rallied together and fundraised enough money to buy an ad in Variety. But ABC has shopped the show around to pretty much all the various networks and even SyFy turned it down. I'd say it's pretty much a done deal at this point. If fans can cause enough of an uproar to bring the show back, I'd say it would be a miracle.

And there goes another one of my shows. I don't have a very good track record. ;_;
    Yeah, I read that the show might get canceled. That sucks, I'd love to have seen more of Kahlan and Cara.

SPIN-OFF, RITE NAO!