Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What video game has influenced your love of video games the most?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Pokemon Red, because it is better.
    Please it's all about the Blue. On topic. For me probably not a surprise to anyone was Final Fantasy IX. That game really pulled me into those passive slower playing games that really engages you with their stories. Made me look at games differently.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pretty difficult. Hmmm. The first game I played which really, really got me into gaming, as opposed to just being a fun thing to do... Hmmmm...

This is incredibly difficult. Going back that far I really can't remember what I played when. Everything I can think of, I know I was playing stuff before it, like my Amstrad CPC, and various friend's/family member's Amigas. A little later I got my own Master System, then a Mega Drive, which was probably when it really started for me. I can say with certainty that Theme Park is up there very, very highly in importance. If I could ever have been dissuaded from the path of gaming, I think Theme Park ended that possibility forever. Edit: Scratch that. Thinking about it, I was lost when I played Sonic the Hedgehog.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Atari games..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles
    Blog Entries

I know saying FFVII is a good game is equal to saying Hitler was a pretty awesome guy around here, but FFVII is the game I cherished the most, its story, while poorly explained, was masterfully written, with a fantastic combat system, and an immersive world.

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn blended gameplay and storyline masterfully, as one of the best-written games ever, and Bioware's crowning acheivement. (Which is saying a lot.)

planning world domination

i think the ONLY game i really played and completed way back then was FFVII. i did have a Sega Megadrive before the PS and played Sonic most of the time. But i'd have to say it was thanks to Squaresoft with FFVII that got me truly into games.

i miss Squaresoft... Enix can never take the legendary stand that S-soft had! (even though they're givin it a damn good try with FFXIII )

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    I know saying FFVII is a good game is equal to saying Hitler was a pretty awesome guy around here, but FFVII is the game I cherished the most, its story, while poorly explained, was masterfully written, with a fantastic combat system, and an immersive world.

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn blended gameplay and storyline masterfully, as one of the best-written games ever, and Bioware's crowning acheivement. (Which is saying a lot.)
    sorry for the double post guys, but i just saw this and.. how can anyone say FFVII was a "bad" game?? i mean, come on, for its time, it was well ahead. Some say the story was poorly explained, BUT, it did it's job, it kept everyone questioning the endless unanswerable questions which left the game open for debate. That, i think, is what lead to its unrivalled sucess.
    I say it was a legend.
    Last edited by theundeadhero; 11-26-2009 at 09:47 PM.

Super Mario Galaxy

Mario Kart Wii

Final Fantasy VI and IV then later X and X-2

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> Atari games..
    ya

bleep bleep bleep
    bloop bloop bloop

the one where you were killing spiders from a rooftop
    soccer with dots
    western shooter

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

My mom is a huge tetris fan so I guess that started the whole thing in my family. So I was a gamer when I was an infant blah blah.

Tetris. That's the game that started my gaming.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bahamut View Post
    i think the ONLY game i really played and completed way back then was FFVII. i did have a Sega Megadrive before the PS and played Sonic most of the time. But i'd have to say it was thanks to Squaresoft with FFVII that got me truly into games.

i miss Squaresoft... Enix can never take the legendary stand that S-soft had! (even though they're givin it a damn good try with FFXIII )

sorry for the double post guys, but i just saw this and.. how can anyone say FFVII was a "bad" game?? i mean, come on, for its time, it was well ahead. Some say the story was poorly explained, BUT, it did it's job, it kept everyone questioning the endless unanswerable questions which left the game open for debate. That, i think, is what lead to its unrivalled sucess.
    I say it was a legend.
    There's a lot of anti-VII guys and gals here. And it's usually for silly reasons.

planning world domination

There's a lot of anti-VII guys and gals here. And it's usually for silly reasons.
    Lol, thats a little retarded... thats the game that basically set the base-lines for all later FF's. I can just about understand the original FF fans from the days of 8-Bit pixels...they were amazing in their own way.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Final Fantasy VII. While it was Sonic on the Megadrive which got me into gaming, it was FFVII that made me realise how much video games could affect me.
    Yeah, something like this. FFVII was a pretty heavy obsession for me for a long time, and then it spread to the rest of the FF series. And now it just goes wherever. I lurve me some games

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

I would have to say it was probably 'The legend of Zelda: A link to the past' that really got me into gaming. I used to watch my parents play it all of the time - Due to the fact that I was indeed a small infant at the time - and I always loved everything about it! The colours, sprites, music and even the sound effects. Obviously when I started playing it I didn't really get the whole idea that there was a storyline to follow, so I would normally run around until I'd eventually end up at the digging mini game thing (Holy waffle I loved that mini game so much for some reason O.o ).

It's a game that I just can't compare any other to. It holds a lot of great memories for me and I never get tired of playing it - even though I know exactly where everything is and how to complete things. To this day my Mum and I start singing the music as soon as we hear it start, it's great! xD

Legend of Zelda.

Before it, I never played a game that was non-linear, that large, or just that difficult. I remember drawing paper maps of dungeons and where to find secrets with the candle on the world map, taking these to school, and comparing them to my classmates. Fantastic stuff.

Even with my interest in Video Games nearly depleted, this game still makes me fall in love with them all over again.

Blog Entries

I can't even remember.
    I think, as crazy as it sounds, it might have been Road Rash, Asterix and the Great Rescue, or Shaq Fu. More than likely Shaq Fu. I didn't even know about RPGs until FF8.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar