Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best & Worst (English) Voice-Acting

Once again I find myself forced to defend the laughing scene.

I liked the scene. They're two teenagers stuck in very uncomfortable positions. Tidus, facing the reality that he'd never make it back to his home, and Yuna, facing her death when she summons the Final Aeon. Each is contemplating the end of all they've known, and neither really knows that the other is in the same situation at this point. The scene is uncomfortable and full of nervous energy, and the laugh is their way of releasing it. It sounds forced and unnatural because it was, and it was supposed to be. I thought it was quite well executed and fit perfectly with the characters and the situations they were in. And then we get to everyone else staring at them and calling them nuts, and that fit too. This sort of thing is one of the things I like about X's characters, and, while the scene may be awkward as hell, I wouldn't want it removed.
    The scene was supposed to be that way, so I certainly wouldn't blame the VAs for making it bad. It was great, and exactly the way I would expect it to come out in reality. I've certainly heard plenty of cringe-worthy laughter and cheesy comments in real life, and this comes across perfectly when you really understand the mood of it.

That said, Seymour's voice actor was terrible, but maybe he was just trying to match the quality of the rest of the character (which was also terrible), so we won't blame him either.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I don't like Aeris's voice, thats not how i imagined it through the game so it never sat right with me, Its too high and sweet and obvious, i always imagined her having a lower, huskier voice for some reason.

Also was a little disapointed that they didn't give Yuffie those weird "nyuk nyuk" sounds when she got a voice, but the fact that Yuffie and Cid call Vincent "Vince" now is a win lol.

Balthier and Fran have awesome voice acting, seperately and but more noticably when the converse together, sounds great. But they are just great in general
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

That said, Seymour's voice actor was terrible, but maybe he was just trying to match the quality of the rest of the character (which was also terrible), so we won't blame him either.
    How delightuflly biased.
    FFX's voice-acting was decent, especially for its time.

That being said, I've recently gainef a new foundess for Jecht, both his voice and his actual character. He was the only antagonist in Dissidia who was worth a damn and he always was quite awesome in FFX.

"You with a woman? You couldn't even catch a ball!"

His VA/character the GAR quality lacking in many FF characters.