Thread: Some questions about the Colosseum

Blog Entries

Default Some questions about the Colosseum

What did you go for in the colosseum?

I like to get the cat hood, Marvel Shoes, Snow scarf, and genji armor. It was funny how easy Genji Armor was to get I stole a bunch of moogle suits from souldancers in owzer's house and fought Madam in the colosseum for Nutkin Suit then fought some weak enemy for the Genji armor. Not hard compared to Marvel Shoes and the doom dragon.

I am currently trying to steal thunder shields from Muud Suud and bet them for Genji Shields.

Also which would you perfer the Ragnorak or the illumina?
    What would you keep the regal crowns (only for Edgar and Sabin) or trade them in for genji helms. Think about the additional effects too, its a hard choice.

So what will help my characters that I can get in the colosseum? I know I already got enough but I'm trying to get the best weapons armor accessories ect.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

You can't not get the Snow Muffler for Gau & Mog. Bet the Behemothsuit.

(I use SNES version, I realize you're on the GBA version. I'd assume the names are different)

Blog Entries

Yeah I have a lot of behemoth suits. I fight on the vedlt and you fight one or two srbehemoths every 30-40 battles. the snow scarf and snow muffler is the same thing.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Blog Entries

I bet the Strato so that i could fight aquila and steal economizers. When i got the pearl lance i would bet it to get my strato back and fight the aquila again to try steal more economizers.
    Other than that Ive only gone to the colesium for Marvel shoes and picking up Shadow
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

That seems like a lot of work for an off-chance that your auto-controlled character might steal an Economizer from an Aquila in the coliseum. I'd rather look for one in the Phoenix Cave or hope one drops from a Brachosaur while leveling up in the Dinosaur Forest. The chances seem a lot better.
    Figaro Castle

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I usually go there to fight Siegfied!

I go there to get some economizers when I'm sick and tired of the Brachosaur casting Disaster/Meteor/Ultima.. and swap some behemoth suits for some snow mufflers

Things to do:
    1. Find a Photoshop(mine has problems @startup dunno why)
    2. Practice some photoshop skills
    3. Make some signatures, banners, etc and share them..

Ive never bothered with gear that was unique to really anyone outside of sabin, edgar, locke, celes, or maybe shadow. I dont use anyone else so why should I bother =/

I've tried to do everything meaningful to get all the characters 'best'. But best is subjective.

The genji helmet is the best helmet but there's only five of them. So I have to give them to weaker characters and give Terra and Celes the Oath Veil. It's almost as good I think.

Unfortunately it's like the 4 Q's and 2 U's in a box situation with the Genji Armors. Like six characters can equip them and two of them are Terra and Celes who get Minerva's instead.

I go for Illumina at this point because I can learn Ultima from Paladin Shield. Ending this rant quickly why let it bother you anyway? Good enough?
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Greatermaximus View Post
    I go for Illumina at this point because I can learn Ultima from Paladin Shield. Ending this rant quickly why let it bother you anyway? Good enough?
    Yes, the sword is better than the esper if you don't mind spending the time to un-curse the shield. There are some nice items to be had from Metamorph, but nothing spectacular. We've had this discussion before and here's what you can get from Metamorph, courtesy of GameFAQs: Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA) Walkthrough by Djibriel.
    First off, a list of rare items you can only get more of if you opt for the
    Esper (not taking BAR-BAR-BAR and Magicite Shards into consideration):

Safety Bit
    Ichigeki
    Cursed Ring
    Lich Ring

Other rare items that are hard to obtain and can be produced with Metamorph:

Genji Glove
    Guard Bracelet
    Ribbon
    Megalixir
    Thornlet
    Growth Egg
    Miracle Shoes
    It is a shame there aren't better items to be had, as it would make the decision more difficult and add to the replay value as choosing the esper sometimes would be worthwhile.
    Figaro Castle