Thread: Leveling at Waterfall, RW/BW/BW/BW - What's The Best Armor/Weapon for RW?

Hello!

I'm leveling at the Waterfall with a Red Wizard, Black Wizard, Black Wizard, and Black Wizard. For the BW's, they have Cat Claws, Gold Bracelets, and Pro Rings, if I remember correctly.

My RW has a Defense sword, Silver Armor, Pro Ring and Ribbon (however, he seems to get turned to stone an awful lot...).

Is there a better armor (and weapon, but I think the Defense is the best for now) combo that I could have?

What's the best armor and weapon combo for him to go into the Water Orb? Air? Temple?

I know it's easy; I've beat FF a dozen times. Just curious.

Thanks!

Edit: And... I've got the Sun Sword now. Pimp'n the Opal Bracelet, Pro Ring and Ribbon and still getting turned into stone about 30% of the time it seems. I Warped out of the tower and saved.

It's funny. I beat the Big K in two rounds, almost one.

First round: Three back-to-back blasts of Lit3 from my BW's. Kraken hits my RW for some huge amount of damage, like 275. Has him down to around 30. Then he returns with a slice from his Defense. Dang near kills him.

Second round: Lit2 from a BW. Dead. XD

Hey, Mr. Sharpe! I merged your two posts. If you have something to add to a previous post and it's the last one in the thread, the forum standard is to edit it into the previous one using the edit/delete button on your post. Just a heads up. Carry on!
    -Rantzien

Blog Entries

The best thing I can say is check the shops in the local areas. You can also stock up on softs (golden needles?) while your there. The weapons and armor you have seem alright.

Masmune is the best sword for red mage in the game I believe.
    Last edited by Saber; 11-23-2009 at 10:38 PM.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Masmune is the best weapon for anyone in the game.
    Figaro Castle

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Is there a better armor (and weapon, but I think the Defense is the best for now) combo that I could have?
    >>> With those characters you better forget about a good defense.
    The most useful thing you can get for them is the ribbon and the "black shirt"
    for one of you wizards..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..