Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a job?

Chocobo Do you have a job?

If you do, tell us about it. What do you do? Do you like it? Is there something else you'd rather be doing? Etc...
    And if you don't have job, would you like one? Where would you like to work?

I have a job and I love it. I work in a clothing store called New Look and I basically do all sorts of things. I work on the till, the Fitting room, tidy stuff, put new stock out and moooore~

I only work on the weekends as I go to Sixth Form during the week, but in the hoildays I sometimes do overtime. Oh and an amazing bonus about it is that I get 50% discount on everything. So it's pretty much where half my wages go.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I tutor Thermodynamics I want to do it next semester, too.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

No but I really need one I applied to a million places and NO phone calls! I even tried calling some of them and they were like "osure we'll get back to u lulz" and I never hear back So I persist...I STILL DON'T HEAR BACK WTF

Anyway, my "job" in the meantime is babysitting my brothers and sisters while my parents are both away at work on dayshift, as well as making sure dinner is done every night and chores get done around the house.

Even right now as I'm sick, I don't get to sit in my room and recuperate, I still have to make sure things are done, but at least it's good practice for mommyism! (Except that it just so happens my sweetie is the kind that will try to keep me in bed and take care of me on days like today, unlike my dad who says "IF UR NOT DYING UR FINE LULZ GET UP AND PERFORM SURGERY ON HIS BRAIN NAO HURR", so basically, I'm suffering now for the luxuries of later )

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I work at In-N-Out. There's some annoying bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: that goes along with working there, but for the most part, I suppose I do like it. My coworkers are awesome, it pays more than minimum wage, it's busy all the time so shifts go by fast, etc. It would take a lot for me to quit and do something else. Unless I could get a job working at a bakery/something like that, I'm staying. And now I've worked there so long it feels kinda like home xD It's comfortable. :)
    --Box Box Box Box

I don't have a job at the moment but I really need one! I'm currently attending my second year of sixth form which will probably be over not long into next year >.<

I think I'd really like to work in a pet store or something like that (I even have one in mind but they don't have any jobs going at the moment! >.<) and of course, the chances of getting a job somewhere you'd like to work just before Christmas is pretty much zero >.< So yes I shall remain jobless for now

I dont have a job.. and I do need one coz my birthday is fast approaching and I need money to spend for that day including christmas..

I think I like the call center job thing.. I can learn all sorts of stuff there, and learn and understand other languages..

Things to do:
    1. Find a Photoshop(mine has problems @startup dunno why)
    2. Practice some photoshop skills
    3. Make some signatures, banners, etc and share them..

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

No, but I'm planning on getting one next semester.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by kikimm View Post
    I work at In-N-Out
    I bet you do you dirty hussy

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I am an actuary. If you don't know what it is, look it up because I'm sick of telling people what it is!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I am an adviser for a charity that gives out free legal advice.
    Your job always amuses me Paul. I worry for the people you advise.
    I'm a checkout operator at Morrisons! Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep etc
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Yes and no.

I hold the position of 'admin assistant' at my step dad's private radiology practice. Technically, I do things for my mom such as handle the finances, record keeping/filing and other bitch work (errands), but I'm not on the payroll. I come in whenever she needs my help, which hasn't been a lot lately.

Blog Entries

I work at Claire's Accessories in between going to University. The job is pretty easy and I've never been known as a girly girl but I do enjoy it. I am lucky enough to work with nice ladies and not mean bitchy ones and we have a laugh.

I serve customers and sort stock out etc, usual retail sales stuff, not really stressful.

I get 50% off Hair and Jewellery products, 25% off accessories and 10% off licensed stuff (Hello Kitty etc)

Tis good times!
    If I turn my back I'm defenceless, and to go blindly seems senseless.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Currently unemployed hopefully I'll get something in the new year. I've always wanted to be a professional musician but I've never found band mates that don't bloody flake on me! Hopefully in the new year a new band or as my friends would say the long awaited solo project

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kikimm View Post
    I work at In-N-Out
    I bet you do you dirty hussy
    You have severely offended me.
    --Box Box Box Box

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I work part time at Barnes and Noble doing zone maintenance (smurf the travel section is messy!) and customer service. I am also a student.