Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This game is hard D:

This reminds me of a review talking about all these techniques and how time wasting they are.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I had a hard time my first playthrough, too ;_;

Now that I know all the little tricks it's waaaay too easy though

If drawing magic from enemies all the time is a pain for you, don't worry about it. In the beginning of the game you may want to draw a little, but you don't need to spend five minutes of every battle drawing to do well in the game. My personal strategy is to have GFs learn Junction and Magic Refining abilities first. I start the game out drawing every now and then, and I do this less and less as I learn more refining abilities.

The card refining method is excellent. 100 Dino Bones that refine into 20 Quakes each and 100 Black Holes that refine into 30 Demis each before disc two! Just collect a couple of GF cards for easy games and save before each game. Most of your good stuff will come from the GF cards so you don't have to do that a whole lot anyway.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cid View Post
    This reminds me of a review talking about all these techniques and how time wasting they are.
    Drawing magic from enemies and refining it from items takes me less time than level grinding in any other FF game would if I found myself under leveled. Once you can refine magic from items the game is so incredibly easy it's not funny. Buy a few tents, get a bunch of Curaga and marvel at your thousands of HP on the first disc.

I never said to try maxing stats through the junction system as soon as you start the game, but it can take less than half an hour to beef up one or two on each character and make them fly through the game like the enemies aren't even there.

This game is not hard, you just don't know how to junction. Summons are utterly useless except for two or three late game summons. This game will be too easy once you learn to junction magic to your stats. You will overpower everything at that point.

Also, one thing you should know is to teach the bonuses like str + 20% 40% etc. to your GFs first because some of them will eventually let you learn an ability that will give you +1 to strength (or magic, or spr, vit) every time you level up.

Also dont forget to put pain and death as your status-atk-j (can get 100 deaths really early in the game easy with drawing magic from items).

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You guys are making it seem blah. I don't want to waste my time doing mindless crap. I want to experience the game not take forever trying to "beat the system". :/

The story kinda stinks too, all the "theories" have gotten me addicted to checking on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    You guys are making it seem blah. I don't want to waste my time doing mindless crap. I want to experience the game not take forever trying to "beat the system". :/
    You could try your hand at Triple Triad. You'll have the Ifrit card after the fire cavern, so that should help win games to aquire cards. Meanwhile learn the card-mod ability, and refinement abilities, and refine magic 'till you go bonkers.

As soon as you get a magic lamp from Cid, save and use it. Winning that battle gets you a good card as well.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Except it isn't really beating the system, though. It's how it's supposed to be played I guess, but having played the game some times (or even just one time) makes you more experienced in what to do, and what not to do. Same with every other game.

But seriously, draw magic and junction like crazy.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

You really don't need to do it excessively just to make the game less hard. Just keep in mind that junctioning beats levelling by far. Draw a few spells here and a few spells there, you don't need to spend too much time on it.

I max out spell drawing whenever I see one worth it to junction since I'm pretty much a power gamer so I cant not do it. If you dont want to do it then dont. You could just leave Zell at low hp and kill everything with his limit first round by doing is o-x, ^ v, o-x, ^ v, etc till his timer runs out, which makes things easy mode too despite what you have junctioned. I got 4-5 hits per sec off his timer doing this, which is why he's the best chara in the game.

Blog Entries

Default GF's will give you a sore thumb

1. learn Hp-J, Str-J ect so you can raise your stats with magic.
    2. Draw as much as you feel like.
    3. Junction the magic to your characters.

Next after that I would learn refine abilities. So far everyone has said the first time they played they relied on GFs so your not adnormal there. If you have a hard time with drawing, boost your magic as high as you can get, set your curser to memory in config, go fight desired enemy. Draw what you want with each character and tape or hold down the ok button.

GF's will always hit more (well most of the time) but they also take longer. So if your dealing half of the damage your GFs do, remember you can attack a lot faster. So its your choice.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I think I just hate the fact that everyone becomes a blue mage. I hate Blue mages. xP EF YOU QUINA!

You're gonna get your ass handed to you everytime then.
    How do you wanna be strong without junctioning? There is no other way.
    Read the posts,it's not about leveling up,it's all in the junction system.Try to understand and you will be happy.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Drawing magic repeatedly is no more mindless than killing the same bunch of enemies 50 times, to be quite honest.

I didn't draw a lot of magic really, but I didn't find it very hard. If you hate spending time drawing magic, use magic refinement from items instead, it's super effective!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?