Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: This game is hard D:

Ultima and Meteor on Strenght makes you give very powerfull phsysical damage.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes that's true, but the game doesn't make it imperative to use them, as I said, with Flare equipped and the Str.+% abilites I was already doing over 5k of damage in the game and that's more than enough especially if you have low levels in which you will be one hit killing most random enemies. Ultima itself is literally salt in the wounds for the bad guys when you obtain it.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I usually put Ultima on my elemental defense. Add Life or Full-Life and I'm absorbing every element!

At the end of the game you can have everyone with 4 things on status and element-def-j, which makes it easy to be immune or have high resist to all status effects, and you can be absorbing 80-100% of all elemental dmg.

Next you have whatever you want on str and hp since theyre easy to max out with +60% from your junctioned support abilities. Put haste (I think thats the best one) on speed or junction auto-haste.

While leveling just have a "bonus" junctioned for every stat possible so you have incredibly high base stats before even worrying about junctioning.

With all this I had Rinoa with 230+ in str, vit, mag, and spr + auto-haste. She was only the 2nd best in my party, but I guess 2nd's good enough with Squall there. I pretty much was was easy mode once I used Mighty Guard with Quistis (used Zell on my other playthrough but that just wasnt fair lol) since in this game it gives haste, aura, shell, and protect (wtf op).

You keep your level low until you have the HP, Str, Vit, Mag and Spr bonus abilities.

Then you junction a select few (say, Str, Vit and spr for squall) and level him up to 100.

When your done you'll have a base str vit and spr of about 150.

Then with normal magic junctioning you can raise those stats to 255 and nothing can hurt you. (Vit increases defence against physical attacks & spr increases defence against magic attacks).

A few of the GF can learn these abilities. Some learn only one, and I think the Cactaur or Tonberry you can get later on have all.

The enemies scale based on your level so its better to stay at low levels and get most of your strength from drawing magic + junctioning.
    exactly!i am lv.17 at the moment and those fights are harder and harder!i have alot of sleep magic so i am not so vunerable to sleeping gas now.......

you know how you like to use your GF,heres another way to use them.....
    when poisoned,summon your GF,and the poison does not effect you!(until it hits)

wild-one, please use the edit button to add to your earlier post rather than posting several times in a row. Thank you. -Rantzien

originally posted by mirage:

use magic refinement from items instead.its super effective!
    yes
    because if you waste your time drawing magic,your gonna get hit
    i only disagree if you are fighting either Bite Bug or Red Bat
    and it also doesnt count with Buel either..draw until your tired of getting hit,hit once,draw more,and final hit...BAM!battle finished

Step 1: draw 100 of every spell you can
    Step 2: Junction those 100 spells to your stats
    Step 3: Learn more stat junction abilities
    Step 4: Learn the refinement abilities that let you refine spells from items and more powerful spells from weaker ones
    good idea!
    a tip to get tons of Silence or Sleep:
    step 1:go to the training centre
    step 2:find a lone grat
    step 3:use the draw command,select Sleep and cast
    step 4:stock as much magic as you can until grat wakes up
    step 5:hammer it down with SHIVA!
    repeat until you have 100 or more!
    you also have more chance of getting more than 100 this way