Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy X! Hooray!

I dont have a camera on hand so can't post pics of my progress, but here's what I've done so far on that list:

Beat the first blitzball game
    Learned all of Tidus' key techs
    Obtained all Ultimate weapons (have them maxxed too ^^)
    Have all aeons

Have all sigils (Lulu's took 1 whole try, hate the horrific chocochicken controls for Tidus')
    Can't beat Penance since I have regular version of the game but working on Nemesis

*I am working on nemesis for the monster arena, and then I will beat the game after doing this. I will also have Kimahri's last blue magic overdrive once I get to nemesis since I completely forgot to learn it from Omega Weapon before I killed him before he got a turn so I only have nemesis left to learn it from =/ I started this playthrough before this was put up on the boards (or maybe I just didnt see the thread till I was a long way into the game) so some of the challenges here I'm not going to bother with like the use only one person or w/e even though I may have attempted them had this not been the case

I'm a bit behind, but I'll be starting my playthrough either tonight or tomorrow.

This will be the first time playing it on my new HD TV and stereo system, so I've needed an excuse.
    "You may say that though Zanarkand is gone from this world, it lives on in the song."

Started up again tonight. Its probably been at least a year since I've played this. My thoughts for now:

-I forgot how easy this game is to pick up and play for me. There's not a dull moment for me. I can't really say that about any other FF game. With the other games, there are times when I feel like I force myself to play them (don't get me wrong; I love most of them). Part of this might be due to voice acting (see below).

-I thought this would look pretty bad on my HDTV, as some of the PSX FF look terrible. Thankfully, it does not, and is an improvement. This is the first time I've ever got a really good look at Tidus' mom. I've noticed other small things, like the map of Spira next to Tidus' bed in the crusader's lodge.

-Early on, the narrations really make the story. I love Tidus' voice in them. Voice acting plays a major part in bringing this game to life.

-IMO, this FF has the best NPCs/townspeople. A stark contrast to FFXII's (I discussed that in another thread). In that I think they improve the enviroment and back story. Example: a lady in Besaid was talking about her village that was totally destroyed and gone. It makes me wonder about what other villages and cities in the world of Spira that we never saw.

-One thing that bugs me to this day, is how their faces look completely different in the three levels of renders (especially Tidus and Yuna, who look very Asian apart from the other resolutions). I realize it can't really be helped, but still.

-"Stay away from the summoner!"

-"I wanna be a blitzball when I grow up!"
    "You may say that though Zanarkand is gone from this world, it lives on in the song."

My brother wanted his FFX back, so I was forced to rush through the last parts. I beat Nemesis, the Omega Ruins, got all the legendary weapons, and all but Tidus's Sigil. I tried it like 200 times and couldn't get it because the balloons would never spawn in a good configuration, and also when I get to the end there's always that one bird that spawns on top of me and I don't have a negative reaction speed, so I can't do it. So, I just beat the game, and now my bro has FFX. No international btw, so no soloing dark aeons.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I wanted to start this but I tried to load it up and discovered my ps2 has finally officially died

Articles
    Blog Entries

just started trying a NSGIENC challenge. I'm still at the Al Bhed Ship, though, learning Blitz Ace. (Have already learned Energy Rain or what's it called, doesn't take long when having the overdrive-filling when you're alone in the battle)

-This game has the best foreshadowing of any game story I've seen

-The spring scene is so sweet, as is Yuna's "goodbye sphere". Because of that, I think the western ending works much better than the Japanese one, because of a simple line change.

-Things I noticed: a map of Zanarkand in Tidus' house during his "dream" sequence

-Speaking of which, I want a houseboat like his too

-Not getting to explore Zanarkand, in any incarnation, is disappointing. It is one of my favorite FF cities

-I wonder where summoned Zanarkand really is. The summoning pillar and its lack of discovery makes me think it is high in the sky, but its likely it could be waaaaay out at sea too

-This, along with FFIV, FFX-2 and FFXII, are my favorite battle systems. The battles are so fast paced, I don't mind random encounters like I do in other games

-There are so many bald Yevon monks, I always get the image in my hand that Yevon was an old, bald dude

-There's a sudden and very large jump in the amount of HP between the fiends on the mountain trail, and inside the mountain cave :Eek:

-Behemoth is my favorite monster throughout the series, and of those I like the FFX/FFX-2 versions the best

-"I don't have much time left." To this day, that line still confuses me. Was Seymour's mother terminally ill? Had the process already begun of her turning into a fayth?

-I wonder who created the Zanarkand trials. Were they there before the destruction of Zanarkand, and if so, why? Or were they there when the pilgrimage was instituted. If so, did the church or Yunalesca place them there?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

It's looking like I won't finish in time (yet again)

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

It should last at least until the end of January, I think!

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I never did understand why people thought Tidus' sigil was hard to get. That chocobo race took me like 5 times. The lightning sigil was what was awful.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Thank you Jesswe for running this event!

I agree with Rantzien. This is a long game. Maybe we should give people another month to complete it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Thank you Jesswe for running this event!

I agree with Rantzien. This is a long game. Maybe we should give people another month to complete it.
    If you extend by a month I will join in, I only just noticed this and it looks a little hard for me to complete this in a few days
    Last edited by Lunatic_High; 01-23-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    I never did understand why people thought Tidus' sigil was hard to get. That chocobo race took me like 5 times. The lightning sigil was what was awful.
    Looks like I'm bumping this thread.

Anyway -- I think Lu's Venus Sigil is far easier than Tidus' Saturn Sigil. I have 0.03s as my best time, and I cannot, for the life of me, get it to 0.00 (!)

I spent about an hour or so on the dodging lightning, and I got it to work -- I got to 192 dodges, then I messed up! Finally got it after a few more tries... I think this time thru was a bit quicker than the first time when I first played the game years ago... there's a pattern -- lightning strikes the first time within 3s of getting into the Thunder Plains, then the following strike is ~5-6 seconds later... then it alternates. Once you realize that, it's quick -- put on some music, and within 20 mins (avg. time for 200 bolts) you'll be done

Currently exploring Omega Ruins...

I love this game -- I always find something new with each play thru -- either a new perspective on the story; or a new way to develop characters on the sphere grid; or customize weapons.

Sorry for the ramble