Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bungy Jump!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiko View Post
    I'm learning to fly Cessnas. It's not really that daring or scary though.
    Thats sounds fun man. I would like to learn if had the money at the moment.

It's pretty excellent. I'm not paying because one of my friends is a flight instructor so he just takes me up. I want to fly to South America someday soon.

Tôi đói.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I would love to bungy jump off something or jump out of an airplane. It's always looked really fun.

Blog Entries

I think bungy jumping / sky diving is infact good training and preperation. It gets one use to the concept of falling so that in the case where one ever ends up actually falling out of a building or off a cliff or out of an airplane to their doom they'll be able to recover from their initial shock faster, remain calm and think of the most appropriate course of action. Though there may not be much one can do whilst falling to prevent their doom, the ability to supress panic would most likely increase your chances of survival ever so slightly.

But thats just my theory
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Ah man that video makes me wanna try bungie jumping like no other. Awesome stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    The thrill is the adrenaline, the half a second where it feels like your actually floating and then the wind starts rushing and for 5 seconds (which feel a lot longer by the way) it feels like you are speeding through the air like a missile. Then the cord bounces you up very gently and the rush stays with you for hours.
    Yes, I understand that. I'm not a retard, I understand the basic principle of it all. I just think it's absolutely smurfing retarded.
    Your open mindedness is inspiring.
    And your stupidity is astounding. I am not condemning people who bungy jump, sky dive, wall climb or tight rope walk between massive buildings thousands of feet up in the air. If you want to do that, go ahead and go do it that is fine. But the idea of jumping off the tallest buildings in the world for a couple seconds or minutes of thrill seems like a complete waste of time to me. Just because I think something is stupid doesn't mean other people can't though. I don't put that much stock in my own opinions and thoughts.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Appropriate and proportionate responses FTW.

Anyways, there's a sky diving place about 10 miles away from me, I've always wanted to go. I think I'll go this summer with some friends. I'm excited.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    The thrill is the adrenaline, the half a second where it feels like your actually floating and then the wind starts rushing and for 5 seconds (which feel a lot longer by the way) it feels like you are speeding through the air like a missile. Then the cord bounces you up very gently and the rush stays with you for hours.
    Yes, I understand that. I'm not a retard, I understand the basic principle of it all. I just think it's absolutely smurfing retarded.
    Your open mindedness is inspiring.
    And your stupidity is astounding. I am not condemning people who bungy jump, sky dive, wall climb or tight rope walk between massive buildings thousands of feet up in the air. If you want to do that, go ahead and go do it that is fine. But the idea of jumping off the tallest buildings in the world for a couple seconds or minutes of thrill seems like a complete waste of time to me. Just because I think something is stupid doesn't mean other people can't though. I don't put that much stock in my own opinions and thoughts.
    Ok.

Skydiving sounds like fun, but thats something that has always scared me. I would like to try though if I was going with someone who could push me enough (mentally not literally).
    Last edited by Croyles; 12-04-2009 at 02:18 AM.