Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zack (FFVII) in Birth By Sleep...

Banned

Default Zack (FFVII) in Birth By Sleep...

So yeah, I was browsing around the internet today and found this (click it for the full size image)...

There you have it. Final Fantasy VII's Zack will be in the next KH game. Personally, I find it to be an incredibly bizarre choice, what with all the characters they could be using (more important characters, to say the least). But I suppose he and his game are more than popular enough to warrant such a move.

Anywho, thoughts?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rad Bromance View Post
    So yeah, I was browsing around the internet today and found this (click it for the full size image)...

There you have it. Final Fantasy VII's Zack will be in the next KH game. Personally, I find it to be an incredibly bizarre choice, what with all the characters they could be using (more important characters, to say the least). But I suppose he and his game are more than popular enough to warrant such a move.

Anywho, thoughts?
    Seems kinda logical, actually, seeing as in KH I and II we have Cloud and this takes place ten years earlier and Zack is Cloud's former "self", so to say,,,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in my humble opinion putting FF characters into Disney worlds is plainly wrong. They lose their personality and don't play a big role and are destined to end up as a wretched due to not having any story background.
    Couldn't they put worlds like Midgar, Kefka's Tower, Terra, Bevelle or the Moon into the game?

I mean, Disney characters get focused like this as well, so why don't they try to balance their choice?
    Oh well, maybe in the upcoming games, or more precisely, HOPEFULLY in the upcoming games.

Never the minder I'm really pleased they put Zack into the game. Even if it's only due to Crisis Core's financial success.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eureka!

Nomura has said he will never put an FF world into the KH series, the FF characters are simply guests.

Looks like Zack is in the Coliseum which makes him the traditional FF character Hades uses to take out Hercules or maybe they might throw a curveball finally...

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

Correct me if I'M wrong, but would any of use buy Kingdom Hearts if there wasn't FF characters in it. Because thats what initially got me interested in it in the first place.

Anyway, I love Zack. I like him a lot more than Cloud cause the latter is a bit too much of an emo. But I wish they would shop using the FFVII characters and branch out to the other games abit more. Even if the others are not as popular, they are still very good games.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I hope we get to see him and Terra in the same room.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I hope we get to see him and Terra in the same room.
    Look more closely. There's a headline that says, "Terra vs. Zack~!" and it shows them dueling off.
    俺は人間なのか?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Did anyone else notice little Kairi in the picture with Mickey and Aqua? She looks like she's being protected by Aqua.

*Devore*: Yes its true most of us probably bought into this to see the train wreck that is "Disney meets FF" but that novelty quickly wore off and I feel the actual original characters are far more interesting at this point in time. Still, their cameo's are fun to look out for though personally my favorite character announcement in the title is Scrooge McDuck returning and possibly playing a larger role in the game since he's apparently in Radiant Garden according to most of the released screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by *Devore* View Post
    Correct me if I'M wrong, but would any of use buy Kingdom Hearts if there wasn't FF characters in it. Because thats what initially got me interested in it in the first place.
    Uh, 358/2 Days?

I'm happy Zack's gonna be in BBS. I'd like to see how they use him as a plot point...

I've found that skeletons grow stronger when kept in the rearview.

They should have Gambit come in and steal all the princesses :P

Cool, Zack is good. DON'T MESS HIM UP! >=| You already changed his personality for Crisis Core (he went from the no-nonsense Soldier that Cloud imitated for the first half of the game to... Zidane minus tail), don't change it again! Though it looks like they'll get it right.

Now we need some more pre-FFVII and FFIX characters. Come on, Square, you can do it. You did pretty good with Dissidia... come on, now...

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post
    Cool, Zack is good. DON'T MESS HIM UP! >=| You already changed his personality for Crisis Core (he went from the no-nonsense Soldier that Cloud imitated for the first half of the game to... Zidane minus tail), don't change it again! Though it looks like they'll get it right.

Now we need some more pre-FFVII and FFIX characters. Come on, Square, you can do it. You did pretty good with Dissidia... come on, now...
    All the characters pre FFVII are really similar though. I terms of design that is.

Quote Originally Posted by *Devore* View Post
    I like him a lot more than Cloud cause the latter is a bit too much of an emo.
    Oh man. I'm not exactly a Cloud fan or anything, but does anyone actually come up with a more specific/non-generic criticism for Cloud? I really don't like Sephiroth, but I'm also tired of people that criticize him for being a "mama's boy" since [again] it's a really unspecific criticism that sounds like a bunch of people randomly made it up and copied it merely to have a reason to bash said character, because the reason itself specifies and means almost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    All the characters pre FFVII are really similar though. I terms of design that is.
    I'd hardly say that. You can tell they're all done by the same designer because Amano's designs all have these signature elements of his [he loves to accessorize and use bead/gem things, for example], however they still all look extremely distinct and unique to me.