Thread: No Encounter gear

Default No Encounter gear

Does anyone know a quick/easy way to get a No Encounter armor? I know I could go steal purifying salt from random guys, but I coulda sworn on my first playthrough I got it from a vendor or somewhere w/o having to do this. It makes running around to do all the ultimate weapon + sigil/crest stuff so much less tedious. If it happens I was just crazy lucky and found it off of a mob (cant remember if it was from a shop or not really but thought it was) then how many purifying salts do I need?

You can obtain a weapon with No Encounter on it from beating Geosgaeno, usually, but it is only availible after you get the airship. Other than that, nope, no way except customizing.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm pretty sure you run across one during the main story, but it is in is hidden and missable.

I picked up the no encounters halberd off of Geosgaeno. I wasnt lucky enough to get it on my first playthrough but now I have it so no need for salt battles

so you cannot customise this? there is only one? or can every character have one?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I have a feeling this information may be wrong, I specifically remember my Lulu having a 'No Encounters' weapon, while crossing the Calm Plains.

Banned

Funny, I remember getting one with Yuna.

Articles
    Blog Entries

As far as I know, the ghosts in Yojimbo's cave, the Omega-Cave and [Sin], which cast Death Sentence on you, frequently drop No Encounter equipment.

Well I'm 99% positive that when you defeat Sin.. (the encounter on the AirShip where he has 180,000 HP and such) it gives you a no encounter weapon for Lulu. Seems like I've done this about 3 times and it's held true.

Demonolith, Ghost and Wraith drop No Encounter armours. The best way to get one is capture one of the fiends and fight it over and over in the Monster Arena until you get the drop.

Geosgaeno can drop a No Encounters weapon when you fight him for the second time.
    Last edited by TheSpoonyBard; 01-18-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Somewhere in Omega Ruins. Whether its Omega himself, a chest, or drops from random battles, I can't recall.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

^ That would be the Wraiths or Demonoliths.

you can get No Encounter with just about anyone -- I've gotten it as a drop for Yuna, Wakka, Lulu, and Kimahri.

However, I do not see the point keeping more than one -- unless you're into MP- and HP-stroll -- but is this really necessary? I always just touch up on a save sphere every so often, or just go to the main menu and heal everyone using Yuna's curing abilities after each battle.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I've gotten it quite a few times in the cave of the hidden fayth, or whatever it's called.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    how many purifying salts do I need?
    30 of them.